Fl Busa ride, were back

Ironsides doin' his pre-flight.

062505__Ride_with_the_org_003.jpg

No posing here, just happened to catch Tspoole at a candid moment with his Triumph in the scene.

062505__Ride_with_the_org_006.jpg

Not much there but dirty bikes, but that's kinda what I liked about it, Also: FLKinfemaker on the move. Jen's making sure no one parks illegally in the handicap spot.

062505__Ride_with_the_org_010.jpg

Thanks again everyone for allowing Jen & I to join in, we had a great time. I would really like to do it again sometime. Soon I hope.

Here is a pic of me from today. While not immediately earth shattering, I include it as my fellow Florida group riders were no doubt questioning my sanity as I did not have any safety gear...to include a helmet, on our ride.

I've ridden for 25+ years and have never had a helmet. I moved from several states after they passed helmet laws and made decisions about which state I would live in, largely based on their helmet law.
While that may sound stupid, I was very involved in the Abate fight to allow bikers to have choice regarding helmets. The busa is the first bike where I really felt like it would be something close to crazy to not wear a helmet, despite my entire life's past that told me otherwise. I've been motorcycle obsessed since I was an early teen so this is an old issue lol :-).
I still am a strong advocate for a biker's right to choose what he cares to do. I won't ALWAYS be wearing my new helmet, but I did feel safer when wearing it, so it will no doubt be an increasing part of my motorcycling.

The only problem was that as I felt more secure wearing my new helmet today, I realized my speed increased proportionally. I'll have to look into that and fix that soon! :-)

Thanks again to the group for caring enough to suggest some good gear choices and for not crucifying me (at least openly) for my helmet-less excursion! Rest assured any future group fun will include me all geared up!
Miyamoto
Good to see you got some gear!
super.gif

Thanks again everyone for allowing Jen & I to join in, we had a great time. I would really like to do it again sometime. Soon I hope.
Sorry again about leaving you in the forest, I'm glad we noticed you missing though and that you found us. I tried to call you last night so you could get those mirrors, maybe next time.

Kev

Sorry again about leaving you in the forest, I'm glad we noticed you missing though and that you found us. I tried to call you last night so you could get those mirrors, maybe next time.

Kev
Also wanted to thank you and Neil for your hospitality during our stay in Lakeland. Met some good people, hope to get together again soon.

Kev
Also wanted to thank you and Neil for your hospitality during our stay in Lakeland. Met some good people, hope to get together again soon.
Oh yeah,the mirrors! I remembered them about the time I pulled out of the parking lot of the hotel.........I will have to get with you on those. We are probably going to kick off our trip in a few weeks by heading back over your way. I'll give you a shout to see where you are at when we get ready to head out.

Sorry we missed you guys....we took a wrong turn.
sad.gif

Kinda glad we did though. We'll meet up next time for sure, now that I know where I'm going.

Here's our ride that day:

super.gif

<!--EDIT|CID
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119924108 -->

Looks like a good time guys and gals!!! Glad it wasn't completely rained out...
cool.gif

sad.gif

Kinda glad we did though.  We'll meet up next time for sure, now that I know where I'm going.

super.gif
That sucks that you missed us... but I know those roads you were on.. We ride that area almost every Sunday. Glad you got to have a great ride after coming all the way over here.

Maybe next time... now that you know where 52 is
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

sad.gif

Kinda glad we did though. We'll meet up next time for sure, now that I know where I'm going.

super.gif
That sucks that you missed us... but I know those roads you were on.. We ride that area almost every Sunday. Glad you got to have a great ride after coming all the way over here.

Maybe next time... now that you know where 52 is
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Thanks. I was bumming when I knew we weren't gonna make it. I haven't gotten up that early since I left the Military.

The alps are good.
laugh.gif

Back