Fl Busa ride, were back

Unfortunately I had to leave the ride just when it was getting good. I had just passed some traffic catching up to the leaders when I realized I had wacked the throttle a little to much. Before I knew it I was on the guys a$$ in front of me and had to get on the brakes real hard. Well with one hell of a tail waggle and a lot of smoke it turns out I slightly rubbed off a wee bit of the ole rear tire. I really didn't notice any thing until we slowed down to pull into the gas station. Then all of a sudden my back tire starts going thumpity thump. So after a couple of the group members give the tire a look see I decided to be better safe than sorry and cut the rest of the ride short. Other than that it was a great ride. Really look forward to the next one.

Oh yeah, I lost my damn cell phone on the ride as well. Ok, other than that it was a great ride.
I was behind the vehicle that they had just passed and all I saw was blue smoke.. I thought "oh no, please, no parts...no parts!!" I just KNEW someone had gone down.... luckily it was just a bad braking scare.

Glad you made it home OK.. sorry about the cell phone. I didn't find any on the way back
wink.gif

Unfortunately I had to leave the ride just when it was getting good. I had just passed some traffic catching up to the leaders when I realized I had wacked the throttle a little to much. Before I knew it I was on the guys a$$ in front of me and had to get on the brakes real hard. Well with one hell of a tail waggle and a lot of smoke it turns out I slightly rubbed off a wee bit of the ole rear tire. I really didn't notice any thing until we slowed down to pull into the gas station. Then all of a sudden my back tire starts going thumpity thump. So after a couple of the group members give the tire a look see I decided to be better safe than sorry and cut the rest of the ride short. Other than that it was a great ride. Really look forward to the next one.

Oh yeah, I lost my damn cell phone on the ride as well. Ok, other than that it was a great ride.
I think I was at the back of the pack at the time that happened. I have to hand it to you, skidding at that speed and not going down shows either a lot of experience, or someone was watching out for you. Good recovery.

Kevin

That was just fantastic - it was an incredible ride.  Getting lost in Micanopy and then the (ahem) sporty ride through Ocala was just incredible.  

Great meeting you guys - next time, let's do it longer and faster
devil.gif

As usual....mine in front of Kevin's.
tounge.gif

Thanx again to everybody for making it a great ride. I'm passing out now.

13.jpg

That was just fantastic - it was an incredible ride.  Getting lost in Micanopy and then the (ahem) sporty ride through Ocala was just incredible.  

Great meeting you guys - next time, let's do it longer and faster
devil.gif
When will we get a glimpse at the videos?
Uh . . . well . . .

As soon as I can get the camera repaired . . ?

It is pretty much shot - anyone know of an electronics repair shop in Tampa that can work on a Sony Mini-DV?

Looks like I missed one GREAT DAY of riding! Glad to see a good time was had by all.

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119856625 -->

K...the wife and I JUST got in...lol

After we parted the group it was a short jaunt for us to a quick shower and....ahem.."nap"
blush.gif

We zonked out for an hour or so and then hit the Ocala Hooters for dinner.
After waiting out a few down-pours....we saddled up and rode straight into a few more on the way home. It truely never fails.
sad.gif

I think Mrs BusaCruise did pretty well for her first long ride...managing to doze off while in most places, averaging tripple digits speeds...
wow.gif

I thnk a set of Chaterboxes will be ordered this week....so I can keep tabs on her being concious.

Great to meet all of you...don't be offended if I forget alot of your names..I am pretty bad with names.

Thanks again...hope I didn't go too slow for you guys! Those were all new roads to me.

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Sorry I didnt get to see TKM and GJOKER! Maybe next time. Me and my awesome friend; Tspoole's wife Tonya decided to sit this one out and go to the beach. Afterall, this ride was a FAST RIDE!!!!!!!!! those of you who brought your wifes learned that FAST RIDE means its going to be fast and have fun catchin up! Sorry if Diesel and Tspoole were too fast for ya! lol!!!!! I love riding fast too but I definately wouldnt have anyone on the back! I hope you had fun ladies!! I enjoyed the pics. Hopefully Tspoole will have his camera repaired soon so we can enjoy some video of the ride.
biggrin.gif

I think I was at the back of the pack at the time that happened. I have to hand it to you, skidding at that speed and not going down shows either a lot of experience, or someone was watching out for you. Good recovery.

Kevin
Yeah it was bit of both I think.

I was telling one of the guys that I've had way to much experience with breaking out the rear tire. I used to have to take Dale Mabry to base on a daily basis with my Buell, and any one that knows Death Mabry I think can understand. That might be how I got so much knowledge on the proper way to lock up my rear tire.

I'm just glad I live in St Petersburg now.

Diesel I have to know where you found that helmet and how much it as. Is it a Shoei I always looked at our Zuk dealer and never saw the 04 LE helmet. i would love to ge tmy hands on one

Back