Windscreen recommendations

gfunko

Registered
Just did a day trip from MD to NYC and back. I noticed that I have been getting a lot of pressure on my cheeks and ears when riding long than 1hr @ 85mph+. Initially I didn't think too much of it since riding at that speed is bound to be fatiguing, however tucking slightly more than I normally do relieved a lot of that "pressure" so I tried something. While riding, I placed my left hand horizontally at the edge of my windscreen to act as an additional edge for the wind to go off of and removed it to see if I could feel a difference. Low and behold its my windscreen that is pushing all the air from the noise directly into my helmet causing the rapid fatigue. There is definitely a noise difference as well. With my hand there, I get a deep "booming" noise where as if I tuck (or place my hand to deflect the wind above my helmet) I get the sound that it makes as wind is rushed passed your helmet. Anyways, I wanted to see what you guys recommend as far as double bubble or other possible windscreens to help out this problem. My current windscreen is one I got off of ebay from Divinitymotors. While not a bad windscreen, its definitely not recommended for highway commuting. I'm considering the puig z racing double bubble, yana shiki r series...any thoughts or additional recommendations?

I may be shooting myself in the foot with this one but I am trying to stay away from the "sport touring" windscreens, though I hate to admit they are pretty functional in that regards. I just thinking a sport touring windscreen would look a bit odd on a slammed blacked out busa :-) will post pics when its bright out.

I have the Zero Gravity touring windscreen and the combination of that and my Arai helmet seem to be the ticket for me. No fatigue on long rides. I can see where you would not want one though, not as slick looking as a double bubble. They do switch out quick and easy though so maybe a touring screen to pop on for long rides would be the ticket.

seems either the ZG DB or Puig Z racing are the best choices thus far (outside of getting the touring screen)? I think I'd be happy with either at this point...

check out the OUTLET section of ZG's site....you can snag a DB (or other models) for cheap. The item may be listed as a 'blem/factory reject but I have bought a few over the years and honestly, I could not find what was wrong with the screens I got (their QA must be super strict).

I have been running the Puig DB for 6 years now. I think the Puig fits better than the ZG I had.

100_0579%20%28Medium%29.jpg

@ pashnit and Big E - Thanks for the awesome photos! I ended up ordering the Puig DB in black. Should be here by tomorrow, in time for a weekend ride to test out how it works.

@ pashnit and Big E - Thanks for the awesome photos! I ended up ordering the Puig DB in black. Should be here by tomorrow, in time for a weekend ride to test out how it works.

Great choice bro,I have had both the ZG and Puig DB and IMO the Puig is stronger and fits better(also have the black one).

PuigWindscreen2-9-2013005_zpsa380c56b.jpg

PuigWindscreen2-9-2013004_zps1c8dd5be.jpg

Just wanted to update this. I got my Puig DB. I am not 100% sure about it? Fitment wise, it actually fits worse than my chinese ebay windscreen (really..believe it or not)!! Airflow wise, its better. I got mine off of amazon and it was from Puig themselves so I know its not a knockoff. Anyways, I think I may end up getting a ZG as well to see the differences at highway speeds?

Thanks for the update. conflicting reports on the fitment of the Puig in this thread. Any other experiences anybody is willing to share? I was going to give the Puig DB a try if I can find one in Canada.

thanks

Len

It could easily have just been my particular windscreen? I know Puig is a trusted brand among Org'er. Other factors such as a seller on amazon using the name "PUIG" and or the selling of b-stock products are also factors. All and all though, its not terrible and you wouldn't even notice unless I said something.

The "fit" is very tight with the Puig screen. Takes a little more effort to put the Puig on.

Back