laid Lucy down in Eureka Springs last week

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
well, i guess my turn came up again and it was entirely my fault...i figured it up and it had been about 80,000 miles since the last time i slid down the road but it really wouldn't have bothered me if i had waited even longer :laugh: thapp, one of his sons, ikillbugsfast, Ninja Killer, and i were taking a slow lap around town since it was a beautiful day and we were all there to ride...we were in a left handed curve following a couple cars and i was keeping an eye on them, a driveway that went off to the right, and watching for any vehicles coming toward us...unfortunately, i wasn't paying real close attention to anything which might be laying in the road and hidden by the cars and didn't see a baseball to softball sized rock in the road until i was right on it...i managed to miss it with the front tire but it must have been by a fraction of an inch as the rear tire caught it and was lifted and i washed out

i burned a hole through the knee of the Fieldsheer pants but they held up well in my opinion for not being leather...i then landed across my left arm with my ribs and managed to keep my head off the pavement...after sliding down and off the road, something caught in the dirt and cartwheeled me in the air (those with me said it wasn't very graceful at all :lol:) and i ended up coming straight down on my head and falling over on my right side...i saw it coming and tucked my head and wrapped my arms around my helmet to stabilize my neck as much as possible (thank you to all the drills in football that helped me survive this in one piece!)...also, thank you to my Creator for keeping His eye on me as this could have been much worse

i have a small burn on my left knee, multiple bumps and bruises and sore muscles, a swollen hand, and some very sore ribs (hoping they are just seriously bruised and not cracked)...the good thing is Lucy didn't tumble like i did and i didn't break :thumbsup: she got scratched up a bit but didn't spill any of her fluids and i rode her back to the motel where thapp helped me put the exhaust back together as well as we could...i've already got a Woodcraft stator cover at the house (guess i should have gotten around to getting it installed before now lol) and have some feelers out for pricing on the plastics...if anyone knows of a left side midpipe for an HMF high-mount exhaust for sale, please let me know

all in all, i can't complain...i rode away on Lucy without any major damage to either of us and no one else was hurt (that's the most important part!)...thank you to my four brothers that were with me and helped me get Lucy back up and on the road, i look forward to riding with each of you again soon :beerchug:

GOPR08320.jpg

IMG_8691 (Large).jpg

IMG_8692 (Large).jpg

IMG_8693 (Large).jpg

IMG_8694 (Large).jpg

IMG_8695 (Large).jpg

IMG_8696 (Large).jpg

IMG_8697 (Large).jpg

IMG_8703 (Large).jpg

Glad your ok! I had a lil crash last Sunday had a headache for a day or so after. Hope you heal quickly

dang Colen, sorry to hear this bro, glad your ok tho, let me know if i can do anything for ya.

Bro , I am glad we were there for yah & Really Glad it wasn't worse . You are a Tuff Ol' Bird !!! I will keep my eyes out for Plastics & A mid pipe .

Oh man! Glad you are okay Semi!! Send a message to Snooki, she'll have that jacket back to perfect in no time! :rofl:

Man am sorry to hear this, but am glad you are ok!

Dang dang and double dang!

Lucy looks sad :(

Glad you are ok though man. Heal up and let us know what we can do to help.

as others have already said: what really matters the most above all is you are still here. Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery for you and bike.

Glad it wasn't worse Semi. Sorry to see you lady looking like that. Heal quick so you are ready for August. Call me if I can help in any way Brother

Glad you re ok!

What are going to do with half clean bike when you fix it? LOL
:laugh::whistle::laugh::whistle:

I am glad you are ok semi! Poor lucy though :(. I know when I had my little mishap in robbinsville I had the same feeling of being glad you, ace, and skeche were there to help get her back up :beerchug:

At least you will have an excuse to finally clean her now :laugh:...

I'm so glad you're OK my dear friend!!! Another oRg member, just testing off-road skills on a sportbike :laugh:

:thumbsup:

My brother from another mother, I am so sorry I couldnt be there. I am just very happy you are ok.

Back