GenII Busa Down .. pics !

Hobo

Registered
Not a good day out on mothers day !
I was riding very conservatively with a friend on a twisty connection road, doing the speed limit came up to a long left hander 35kph advisory sign, slowing up as the bend tightened and tightened some more, thinking this is almost going to come back on itself, just tapping on the rear brake to slow up a little, the rear end of the bike breaks loose by the time I corrected I was on the wrong side of the road and heading towards an oncoming car. I have been riding so many years and very experienced and gone around thousands of corners like this, why It all went wrong on this day, i have no clue. This was a quite road after the collision another car didn't pass for atleast 5 minutes, the chances of a car being just in that spot at that time was well .... There was other marks on the road were others had gone wrong on this bend, so many that I had to show the leo's which were caused by me when they were taking photo's. I came out with a bruised back and ribs, the ribs only hurt when I cough or CRY (which I have been doing alot of since I destroyed my dream bike). Luckily no one was injured in the other vehicle. The bike is a write off and probly the car I hit coz the dents in the roof. My insurance company hates me and I dont blame them, Its the second Gen II busa I have written off in 12 mths. Me and the busa's dont seem to be working out well together, so regrettably I wont be back on a Busa again, not coz I'm scared, simply coz I cant keep trashing $20,000 bikes, so I'll probly gunna buy a cheaper bike, it wont be as costly when I crash it, and see if I can shake the Busa curse.
#1 > In the process of modifications.
#2 > How she used to look.
#3 > Fairings where already off it. Frame weld cracked up near the front of the tank.
#4 > I dont know were the headlight ended up.
#5 > Footpeg took a beating.
#6 > I fixed the windscreen with my hip (i think), roof dents.
#7 > I couldnt have centered it any better.

#1.jpg

#2.jpg

#3.jpg

#4.jpg

#5.jpg

#6.jpg

#7.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch! Glad you are able to post up about this as it looks like it could have been much worse!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch. How are you feeling? Sorry about that. Another case that avoiding the rear brake would have been the best choice.

Ouch. How are you feeling? Sorry about that. Another case that avoiding the rear brake would have been the best choice.

+1

Very sorry to hear this Hobo . From looking at car YOU ARE MORE THAN LUCKY! That damage could have been done by you getting smashed into front of car and losing your leg so again very lucky to have both legs and be able to walk away . Rear brake in a corner never ends up well.

Dang dude, you were lucky to come out without serious injury.

Sorry about loosing your busa. Two busas totaled in 12 months, I think your insurance co. will indeed be looking at you with a raised eye brow ???

Maybe they will look at it as just bad karma? Let's hope so. If your insurance co. don't complain, get yourself another busa and enjoy life! Surely you have your crash karma behind you for some time to come! After all, there is nothing in life better than having a busa in the garage :beerchug:

You need to do some serious soul searching about your riding abilities and habits before you end up in a wheel chair for life, or worse. To total two motorcycles in a year should be a loud cry for help coming from your brain.
Slow your azz down and spend the next year in a parking lot on a $300 bike.

hey just be glad u walked away from that, could have been much worse, too bad about the bike tho, there will always be others....take care...

Thanx for all your kind words gentleman !
Yeah got lucky on this one, must have been the lucky strike jacket I was wearing. The accident b4 this one I ended up with a bruised bowel, split stomach lining and fractured left foot (which took 6 mnths to heal).
In 06' I owned a black/purple 04 busa and was t-boned by a car that cut across my lane into a side street without looking and breaking my passengers toe, as we swiped the bullbar and demolishing the right muffler. I was not at fault but including that, it will my third claim.
Prior to all that, I have not had an accident in 23 straight years of riding many high powered sports bikes. Me and busa just dont seem to be working out well together, I will never quit riding but the hardest thing is turning my back on the Busa. I have been thinking of maybe getting a TL 1000 R twin, at least its a Suzuki.
Tufbusa a friend said exactly that bout crash Karma, that after this I probly wont crash for another 20 years, I hope you are both right.

I hope you all have better luck on the Busa's than me and stay safe.

Back