% of people who can drag knee

Can you drag knee!?

• Yes. Fully.

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • Umm, I say yes, but what I mean is no.

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • I hang off the bike but don't drag

Votes: 74 40.2%
  • Not even close.

Votes: 52 28.3%

• Total voters
drug my fairings on my first Gap visit then raised it up and tuned the suspension. Last month I went back, got a knee down and loved it!

I've heard with the bike at such a drastic lean (draggin a knee), your speed is slower than if the bike were at less of a lean (with rider hangin off some). Not that it matters because your going pretty fast regardless.

Who knows? Speak!

Yes I can drag a knee! But some roads/tracks demand that you dont hang off the bike and drag a knee! This allows for quicker transitions from left to right (right to left) due to fast back to back corners and switch backs. Then I just get low on the inside of the tank with my head to the side of the wind screen, left or right butt cheek where the other one was and go from there! It helps to keep you from wearing yourself out with trying to go from one extreme to the other! I try to be more efficient when moving around the bike!
Picture_031
Picture_006
tpm930-01679
DSC_6941

DAV_2613.jpg

Last edited:
here is my 2cents...

Done on the track a couple of times, but never on the street.

On a side note, I think the objective of dragging a knee is somewhat questionable. Not that there is anything wrong with that. A rider can frequently drag a knee and have no chicken strips, but his/her body position could be wrong and actually causing excessive lean angles - hence dragging a knee and having no chicken strips. While another rider for example moves the upper body well to the inside of the turn - thus having less lean angle, going throuth the same turn faster and safer, but not dragging a knee and having some chicken strips.

There is actually a simple check for the correct body position (that's my personal opinion, not sure about others). A rider's face should be facing the mirror (or where the mirror would be). If not, the body position is wrong (again, in my opinion). An additional checkpoint would be that the outside arm (elbow area) rests on the tank comfortably.

I know that my body position is wrong and needs work, however am I more comfortable taking a curve sitting on top of the bike or hanging off... hanging off now. it used to be very uncomfortable and I was afraid to lowside the bike. I went to the track and practiced and once I found the sweet spot I can easily tell that I am a better rider now than before. Is dragging a knee necessary all the time absolutely not, can you be fast and not drag a knee absolutely but once you do it all right and your body position is correct then it should be by far the fastest safest way to take a curve.

I am by no means an expert on this but I do know that my goal was to ride the best I can on a Hayabusa in case I ever need to pull a trick out of my bag.

Im getting there.....

cap

knee1.jpg

knee2.jpg

knee1.jpg

knee2.jpg

here is my 2cents...

I know that my body position is wrong and needs work, however am I more comfortable taking a curve sitting on top of the bike or hanging off... hanging off now. it used to be very uncomfortable and I was afraid to lowside the bike. I went to the track and practiced and once I found the sweet spot I can easily tell that I am a better rider now than before. Is dragging a knee necessary all the time absolutely not, can you be fast and not drag a knee absolutely but once you do it all right and your body position is correct then it should be by far the fastest safest way to take a curve.

I am by no means an expert on this but I do know that my goal was to ride the best I can on a Hayabusa in case I ever need to pull a trick out of my bag.

Im getting there.....

cap

View attachment 193839

View attachment 193840

Well said, my goal is to be the best rider I can be on my machine, my hayabusa.

DSC_4081.jpg

DSC_4094.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ride the mountains alot and have become obsessed with it. raised the busa back up to stock and have no chicken strips but knee hasnt touched yet. prob need to adjust my ridin position more. I am faster when i m not thinking about it so much. which really is the point right:whistle:

I had a h*ll of a problem until I moved my ass back..
I did as they tell you to in California superbike school:
Put a fist between the tank and your nuts, now you're in postion to be able to move and ride faster.. The knee dragging is just a "plus".. As mentioned before in the thread, outside arm against the tank, face in the mirror and a good look thru the curve and you'll be set..

EDIT:

Found the videos

Last edited:
Back