Who had the White 09 BUSA at the Texas Mile with BST's....?

I was crewing for Russ with the Blue/Silver Turbo. It wasen't a good weekend for us. We'll be back in March.
I'm the one on the left.
163198d1256146188-who-had-white-09-busa-texas-mile-bsts-pict0576.jpg

Weak spot in my heart for that B/S look! Amazing how balanced it looks with a stock tail section and an extended swing arm on it. Who's swing arm is that? What problems did you go through?

Should have asked him when he hits the Nitrous.

Sneaky Pete, where are you?

His speeds were so inconsistent, 193, 205? Didn't make much sense. Awesome he went over 200, but with those winds and compared to the other 'stock' bikes, he was much faster, once in a while.

I was hoping he would post up with his mods....?

I was told he was stock motor N/A, just wanted to confirm... ;)

Nice build Josh. Very cool.

Why didn't you run this weekend?

What were the winds like when you went 204?

Thank you! :beerchug:

My wife just had a baby so I didn't think it would be right leaving her home 3-days with a new born since she isn't clear to drive yet.

Weather conditions for the runs were more favorable in March. I went 195mph on Friday with a 15mph crosswind and 93-pump gas. I just started using the MR9 when they stopped for the day. Saturday the conditions brought cooler air and better DA with a 10-15mph tail wind.

Based on my weight and calculations I figured I would go 198-199 on a normal day zero wind with cool air. Luckily I got a good run in at stock height first how it's ridden on the street. I went over 200 a couple times with bobbled runs and finished with a 203.7mph. I hurried back to the pits to slam her down and get some runs in lowered. I never got a 100% clean pass (no air shifter) but ended up with the 204.468mph. Bob went 206.9 and Bill's friend (can't remember his name) went 205.1, with Bill running a 199.

I think Bill went 199 again at the last event so the conditions helped but not as much as you would think. Sunday the wind swung around for a 10-15mph head wind and I was back at 193.

There are many factors but some people don't like to provide ALL the facts. However, since the runs were done the same day as others the results are comparable... :laugh:

Makes sense Josh, thanks for the explanation.

I was observing closely this weekend, all the times were down from March, Busa'a and 14's. The wind was the only thing that seemed different.

I hope to have a bike by March and will hope for good wind I guess.

The white busa driver is still not showing up, maybe it was the wheels......or something else perhaps???? :poke:

I was there with my stock Blue Busa sporting the single Brock's CT exhasut. I ran 192 on pump gas with a little crosswind at the end of day one and 195.59 with MR9 on day two (very slight crosswind). Day three there was just too much headwind and I ran out of MR9. I was hoping for a little help from a tailwind but it was not in the cards. I'll be back in March to try for 200 again although I'm not sure what changes I'll make to the bike yet.

It was a blast and I got tons of good advice from so many different racers and builders.

Rich

Last edited:
I was there with my stock Blue Busa sporting the single Brock's CT exhasut. I ran 192 on pump gas with a little crosswind at the end of day one and 195.59 with MR9 on day two (very slight crosswind). Day three there was just too much headwind and I ran out of MR9. I was hoping for a little help from a tailwind but it was not in the cards. I'll be back in March to try for 200 again although I'm not sure what changes I'll make to the bike yet.

It was a blast and I got tons of good advice from so many different racers and builders.

Rich

Rich,

It was nice meeting you and chatting a bit. I think if you get a custom tune for the MR9 you'll be a lot closer to reaching your goal. It's hard making changes at the track and dissecting what the bike is doing based on the weather changes. That BLUE looked good by the way... :thumbsup:

Take care,

Josh :beerchug:

Weak spot in my heart for that B/S look! Amazing how balanced it looks with a stock tail section and an extended swing arm on it. Who's swing arm is that? What problems did you go through?

That's a very sharp bike... :thumbsup:

DSC_0094.jpg

For those of you who said nice things about my B&S- thank you much. I spent 18 months working on it after burning the top end of the motor in March, '09 at the mile. Once I got the motor out, I ended up going through the entire bike and taking care of every detail that I could afford. The bike should be a contender beside all of the other bikes out there, but sometimes I'm a grasshopper and I'm wrong. It made 500+ on the dyno and it seems to be hooking up at the current wheelbase. If I ride it like I should and dial in the traction, I see no reason why I couldn't hang with the big dogs.

Chris- That's a Canadian Mike 0-6 arm with a Tiger guard. I love the '00 B&S too. This bike is almost the ultimate sleeper IMHO.

Thats me on the white Busa and yes all over the place on speed but also on a learning curve trying to get it all right.
T Scott Jones

Back