Imported 09 Gold Canada to Texas

One of the best looking color schemes I have seen so far.... After reading all the trouble you went to securing this bike I wonder would it have been cheaper to have just bought a USA version any color? Then strip the body panels, ebay them, sale them, trade them, etc... then buy brand spanking new panels in this color. Warranty would still be good and I would think you could have done that for less than the $2,400 you have in this one. Might of had to paint the tank, just thinking out loud.... Either way you got what you wanted and to me thats all that really matters! Congrats on the new ride... :cheerleader:

Great colour scheme !!.......have seen them in the dealers here in Europe.......I am a Canadian who just couldnt wait to get home to buy one.......bought an almost new....06 instead.......out of Britian......they want 11,300 Euros here in Latvia for a 09!!
How about a letter to Suzuki head office......and "*****"a little over it?.....not that you will have any problems with the bike !!......signed...."Jealous"!

As far as the warranty issue goes. I was very close to doing the opposite - get an 2008 'Busa in Washington State and take the 90 minute boat ride back to Victoria, BC with $3,000 (retail to retail ) in my pocket. I bought a bike in Canada (home) instead. The dealer said "the USA Suzuki company and the Suzuki Canada company are separate. If there is a USA recall on your bike as a Canadian dealer I don't see it or know about it. I have no info - not even the serial number will be on the Canadian system".

It sounds like the same deal with a Canadian bike going to the USA.

My guess is that if you push hard enough and get to the right people within the actual Suzuki organization then your warranty would be honoured. Getting through/past the Suzuki dealers would be the tough part and might start to look more like a career choice than a bike problem. My two cents worth. Almost been there almost done that.

After riding my 2008 with gusto but not with disrespect I doubt that you will ever need warranty.

I agree and took the gamble, but as stated IF I something major happens I can get it back there, worst case. My letter stating NO Warranty is from ASMC, American Suzuki Motor Corporation. I would have to go to Japan to clinb the ladder???

One of the best looking color schemes I have seen so far.... After reading all the trouble you went to securing this bike I wonder would it have been cheaper to have just bought a USA version any color? Then strip the body panels, ebay them, sale them, trade them, etc... then buy brand spanking new panels in this color. Warranty would still be good and I would think you could have done that for less than the $2,400 you have in this one. Might of had to paint the tank, just thinking out loud.... Either way you got what you wanted and to me thats all that really matters! Congrats on the new ride... :cheerleader:

I am told that you cannot buy the gold fairing parts here in the USA. I would think that you could order them from a Canadian dealer and then sell yours? Not sure what a new set of fairings would have cost???
But you would not have the cool "french" stickers:lol:

Looks AWESOME Robert :thumbsup:
I am thinking about selling my ORANGE 2008
and getting the GOLD. :thumbsup:
I love how the decals change color GREEN/GOLD/PURPLE/ETC. :thumbsup:

Anybody doing cross border shopping needs to be very aware of the foreign exchange rate. A Canadian bike will likely retail for $15000 or so Canadian dollars. If the Canadian dollar is trading at 78cents US Dollar equivalent then your price would be $11,700US.

The way things are in world financial markets the exchange rate can go 5% either way on any given day. Five percent of $15000 is $750.

Ziggy ( cross border shopper )

I am going to get a Gold nose and signal pods with left and right skins. Then my Orange and Black K8 can be Gold and Black K8 for about $1400. Heh???

Darn tank adds $700..so $2100.

Let me know how that goes?? I was told that you could not get them here from a US dealer. Canada dealer should fix you up....I am sure that customs for a plastic part would be easy, maybe non existent

Call Paul at Ultimate Suzuki in Ontario. He will fix you up

and the final leg to the journey......Canada meets Texas:beerchug:

hayabusa 007.jpg

hayabusa 005.jpg

hayabusa 008.jpg

Looks AWESOME Rob :bowdown::bowdown:
Take a really good pic in the bright sun :thumbsup:
People dont know how Awesome the paint and decals are :beerchug:

Back