Can I buy a Canadian bike and import it to the USA?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Curious if a Canadian bike could be bought there and brought back to be registered in USA, Florida? I sell cars all the time to folks who take them back to Canada. But how does it work the other way around?

I think this has to be one of the prettiest Busa color schemes I've seen. This is a 2014 Canadian bike right? What if any differences are there between American and Canadian bikes?

FD4E4EDB-0DB6-44F2-86A6-1A1ABC933BF6.png

I just got a trailer from Canada. It came with a certificate of origin. I spent less than 10 minutes at the court house getting it titled.

I don't know if emissions would be a stumbling block of not?

We have no emission inspection in Florida. You can buy an new car and strip the cats off it no problem.
I'm sure it can be done. What I'm looking for is somebody who's brought a vehicle from there to here and what it cost them extra if anything or any other hoops or hurdles encountered.

On advice of my atty I can neither confirm nor deny that allegation......sir. :laugh:

I had the bug when I let Blanca go. If this was a USA color scheme I may already have one. But it won't change where I live or the fact that the roads here are flat land sucksville populated by over 90 blue haired driving death machines. I'm just curious if one could be bought for round about same price as here and if then only other costs would be shipping, no?

On advice of my atty I can neither confirm nor deny that allegation......sir. :laugh:

I had the bug when I let Blanca go. If this was a USA color scheme I may already have one. But it won't change where I live or the fact that the roads here are flat land sucksville populated by over 90 blue haired driving death machines. I'm just curious if one could be bought for round about same price as here and if then only other costs would be shipping, no?

I've seen you in the Bash threads.
You flyin to Canadia and riding home, with a stop in NC?:poke:

I can neither confirm nor deny that allegation.......sir.

But does anyone think that even possible? Could it be so quick and easy as to be able to buy there and ride cross border home? Seems like some sort of required papers would delay that no?

I've seen you in the Bash threads.
You flyin to Canadia and riding home, with a stop in NC?:poke:

Canadian prices are generally somewhat higher. However right now the USA dollar is worth $1.10 Canadian so you get a built in ten percent discount. I think you could swing a deal by contacting dealers close to the border. Worth a try.

I know nothing about what you need to do to import to USA. Should be pretty easy.

From my personal experience the Canadian bikes ( I am a Canadian and have a Canadian Busa ) are tuned differently, I found this out when I was getting my bike dynoed in Washington State and had some map issues.
Easily resolved.

I remember back in 2009 an Org member bought a Gold/Black Busa and brought it home to Texas. I don't remember the whole story but you may be able to find the old thread for some info. And you are correct, for 2014 that is one of three color combinations offer here north of the border.

forgot to mention one or two differences.

Your speedometer will be in kilometres per hour and your headlight will always be on.

if all else failed, just buy the plastics and stick them on a US bike...sell your plastics to offset the cost and you would probably come out close to the cost difference of traveling to and buying in Canada, riding back down, and having to deal with any paperwork...just a thought :beerchug:

Where's Rub when you need him...??:banghead:

He knows the process cause I believe he sold a bike or 2 that way and was trying 2 off load his busas in similar fashion. He said it wasn't as difficult or as much of a headache as people think. If you have a way of contacting him he should be able 2 tell U what's what

When I lived in Detroit my sister bought a Honda in Windsor Canada. We bought it and drove it home no problem. It was even in mph. But that was 1987. Still with NAFTA I would expect there was no problem or import duties or anything.

Can't help you on the logistics...but I will agree - LOVE that color scheme! (all except the gold kanji)

Back