Imported 09 Gold Canada to Texas

turbosdad

Registered
My brother has a 06 LE. After riding his some over the years, I made the decision to buy a Hayabusa about mid summer 08. Kept putting it off until I thought “if I wait a little longer, I can get a 2009â€. I really liked the 08 white available NOT in the USA….well when I began to hear rumors that there might be an 09 in white available in the USA, I decided to wait. When the 09’s were released the white did not do it for me. Not sure why it just didn’t. Black is cool, but I like color, I want my bike more visible. Ditto Silver! If I had it all to do over again I might have bought the fastest 08 color, red hot Orange.

After seeing the Gold, available at Suzuki dealers worldwide…..oops except the USA, I thought that color POPS. Mr X posted some pics that looked great. I began to search the internet including this site about importing. For those interested, here is my story:
I live in Houston, Texas and purchased my bike from Paul Goldsmith of Ultimate Suzuki of London, Ontario, Canada. I first made contact with Paul on October 8th and picked up the bike November 24, 2008, at a warehouse in Houston, Texas. During that time I have accumulated a file that is nearly ¾ inches thick and have sent countless e-mails and spent an equal amount of time on the phone. Rather than go blow by blow on this thread, I will just touch on the main points and anyone that wants more information can e-mail me.
Canadian bikes do meet USA EPA standards, BUT not California…no deal Cali dudes. The bikes have to meet FSSMV which is the Safety standards of the USA. They do EXCEPT for the speedo reads in KPH and has to be changed to MPH. Easy deal, plate cover. You need a letter from Suzuki USA that says your specific bike meets all of this information. When deal is made and paperwork is in place, I shipped the bike via Forward Air, Inc. They have motorcycle containers that work pretty good. My bike was taken to Toronto on the 18th and arrived in Houston on the 21st. Forward Air offers three day shipping. After bike is picked up you have to get it registered, inspected, etc. Last thing and would end deal for most…Suzuki of America will NOT honor the warranty….if it breaks I have to ride that sucker back to Ontario……not. The excuse I was given is that “we are two different companies†referring to Canada and the US dealerships.

Anyway as of Monday the 24th of November I have a 2009 Gold Hayabusa in my garage in Houston, Texas. By the way, Gold is the fastest 09 color!!! And for what you all are interested in I have spent 13,800 US dollars to this point. I have not paid sales tax or registration. I got shafted on the exchange rate as it went not in my favor by about 700 dollars during the time I started this and the time that I sent the money. Pictures to come….Oh yea Mr X is right it looks way better in person!!!!

How can you possibly post something like that and not immediately have pictures available. FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

Well now, WELCOME aboard! And especially welcome to the "09 Hayabusa owner's Club"! Only 2 members to date that I am aware of, YOU and ME! :laugh:

so there is still hope for me? sounds like it went fairly smoothe but does the warranty apply? i read your post but the "warranty issue" is still unclear to me. you have got to get some good pic's of that ride please. :beerchug:

CONGRATS to the one and only GOLD HAYABUSA IN THE U.S.A :bowdown::bowdown:

AWESOME :thumbsup:
Please post pics Buddy .:please:
You are going to be a star at bike night :bowdown:

Congrat's! I did the same thing with my 03 BLACK LE but didn't have nearly the trouble as some people. I drove it across the boarder and registered it like normal. It does suck that the warranty doesn't transfer and you have to go back to Canada for any issues but I don't think that will be a problem.

You better hurry up and post pics before these Wolves get angry... :beerchug:

congrats on your new bike :beerchug: looking forward to the pics :poke: :laugh:

Congrats on the purchase.

Pics would be nice.:whistle:

There are a few Canadian spec bikes up around here in Vermont.

If you have any warranty issues just get it to me and I'll get over the border for you .

Back