Imported 09 Gold Canada to Texas

how much for just the fairings?
Posted via Mobile Device

I was told that they will only be sold to Canadian dealers from Canada Suzuki. That way USA dealers cannot commondeer the bike. Probably true. BUT you could buy those from a Canadian dealer and they will cost a lot also

so there is still hope for me? sounds like it went fairly smoothe but does the warranty apply? i read your post but the "warranty issue" is still unclear to me. you have got to get some good pic's of that ride please. :beerchug:

Basically a Suzuki dealer in USA will NOT get paid for doing the Warranty work on a Canadian bike. There is no American dealer that will "honor" the warranty. You could probably buy an extended warranty from an American dealer. IF it does have a major warranty issue in the first 12 months I can ship it there and back for about 1350 dollars, worse case scenario.

Sorry guys, it has been a whirlwind. Thought I would post before I forgot all of this. If it were not dark right now I would take some in the garage. Promise they will be here soon, would like it to be by some cool Texas landmark. All I have to say is it is sweet. When I went to pick it up I felt like I was meeting my mail order bride for the first time. By the way it was love at first sight!!

Here are two quick pics. One is the bike still in the shop in CA, the other is the gauge face plates

TEXAS BUSA ( MR X ).jpg

TEXAS BUSA GAUGES (MR X ).jpg

As far as the warranty issue goes. I was very close to doing the opposite - get an 2008 'Busa in Washington State and take the 90 minute boat ride back to Victoria, BC with $3,000 (retail to retail ) in my pocket. I bought a bike in Canada (home) instead. The dealer said "the USA Suzuki company and the Suzuki Canada company are separate. If there is a USA recall on your bike as a Canadian dealer I don't see it or know about it. I have no info - not even the serial number will be on the Canadian system".

It sounds like the same deal with a Canadian bike going to the USA.

My guess is that if you push hard enough and get to the right people within the actual Suzuki organization then your warranty would be honoured. Getting through/past the Suzuki dealers would be the tough part and might start to look more like a career choice than a bike problem. My two cents worth. Almost been there almost done that.

After riding my 2008 with gusto but not with disrespect I doubt that you will ever need warranty.

best 09 color, does Suzuki hate us down here in the USA?

Enjoy very nice :thumbsup:

so there is still hope for me? sounds like it went fairly smoothe but does the warranty apply? i read your post but the "warranty issue" is still unclear to me. you have got to get some good pic's of that ride please. :beerchug:

What's up! Lookin into a new bike?:whistle: Call me come spring or.....if we get a nice day!:thumbsup:

Wow that paint job is creating some kind of illusion with that tank. Am I seeing things?

Basically a Suzuki dealer in USA will NOT get paid for doing the Warranty work on a Canadian bike. There is no American dealer that will "honor" the warranty. You could probably buy an extended warranty from an American dealer. IF it does have a major warranty issue in the first 12 months I can ship it there and back for about 1350 dollars, worse case scenario.
thanks for the heads up. i am strongly considering this since i'm about a 3hr ride away. :beerchug:

Back