Car Wax?

meguiars and pledge works good for me..
thumb_up.gif

This is what I use. FOr the 3 minute uniformed decision I had to make it does an all right job. Paint just gleams, has that still wet look to it!

imagephp.png

When I did bike I started with the tank. All the decals are clear-coated over, piece of cake, no problem right? Heh, when I did the rest of the bike I just coated 'everything!'. Well, it's been two weeks and I'm still picking wax out from all the decals and tight fitting places...

Hey, I said I was nice, not smart. :-\

I love meguiars gold class. It might not be the shiniest but you can feel a difference afterword. And there wont be any place on the bike you can get a towel to lay on the bike without sliding off.

Turtle Wax Ice, I still have the first bottle, done my car's dozens of times and my bikes all the time for a couple of year's, the bottle is still half full lol

wee

^^^Yes, this same product was recomended to me. A friend whose bike's shine I was admiring at a weekly bike night was treated with Ice Liquid claybar and then poished with Ice Paste Polish(<it is really a synthetic wax).

I used the liquid claybar on my black ZX-14 and it deep cleaned the surface as well as removed the swirl in the clearcoat. I had ridden the bike 6000 miles with no tank protection. The tank was dulled from belly contact but the liquid claybar restored even that tough spot. Liquid claybar removes swirls but it can also cause very subtle, almost imperceptible swirls. Apparently it contains some mild abrassive. It seems like using a back and forth motion instead of circular rubbing helps prevent the swirling left by the liquid claybar. Obviously, if the finish is quite new and free of swirls, there is no reason to use liquid claybar but when it's necessary, it works great.

The spongey applicator (included with the product) would definitely soak up the whole bottle of liquid claybar. The stuff is ~$14/bottle so I used a microfiber cloth. What ever you use, you can keep it in a plastic zip-lock bag for reuse.

If you use the liquid claybar and you have some tiny swirl left behind, it will vanish as soon as the paste polish is buffed away with a microfiber cloth leaving nothing but a showroom shine - even on a black bike. I used Ice liquid spray polish to help buff down the paste polish as recomended in the directions but it didn't seem to be any better than paste polish alone.

Mythos

^^^Yes, this same product was recomended to me. A friend whose bike's shine I was admiring at a weekly bike night was treated with Ice Liquid claybar and then poished with Ice Paste Polish(<it is really a synthetic wax).

I used the liquid claybar on my black ZX-14 and it deep cleaned the surface as well as removed the swirl in the clearcoat. I had ridden the bike 6000 miles with no tank protection. The tank was dulled from belly contact but the liquid claybar restored even that tough spot. Liquid claybar removes swirls but it can also cause very subtle, almost imperceptible swirls. Apparently it contains some mild abrassive. It seems like using a back and forth motion instead of circular rubbing helps prevent the swirling left by the liquid claybar. Obviously, if the finish is quite new and free of swirls, there is no reason to use liquid claybar but when it's necessary, it works great.

The spongey applicator (included with the product) would definitely soak up the whole bottle of liquid claybar. The stuff is ~$14/bottle so I used a microfiber cloth. What ever you use, you can keep it in a plastic zip-lock bag for reuse.

If you use the liquid claybar and you have some tiny swirl left behind, it will vanish as soon as the paste polish is buffed away with a microfiber cloth leaving nothing but a showroom shine - even on a black bike. I used Ice liquid spray polish to help buff down the paste polish as recomended in the directions but it didn't seem to be any better than paste polish alone.

Mythos

I have to agree with you on the ice products Mythos they are awesome. I use the claybar a few times a year and the wax about every two months. I use the ice liquid detailer to wash the bake after every ride.

Below is a pick of my black 06 ZX-10R before I sold it late last year. The bike was road every day possible and was not a garage queen. As you can see by the reflections in the side fairings Ice does a pretty good job. I haven't had a chance to use it on the busa yet but I will this week.:laugh: Oh and the ice products dry really clean so even if you leave a little around the edges of the decals by accident it doesn't show unless it is a big glob.

displayimage.php

Back