Wax on black plastic

Unitymind

Registered
I have a new bike and new car. Waxed both and got a little on the black plastic. I have used just about everything I dare to use and wondering what to try next.

Anyone? Thoughts?

I short bristle detailers brush will work... (is a paint brush with 1/2-1" or so bristles) it should lift it out of the tiny grooves..

There is also a "wax and silicone" liquid remover that painters use but you need to test it on a hidden spot to make sure it does not hurt the plastic..

Tried WD40 with a bristle brush? If it works you can apply Plexus afterwards to get rid of any residue.

i have heard somewhere that baby oil works, dont hold me too that though...

in the southwest where "lacquer checking" occurs, some guys put wax on the car. It fills all the little voids with wax reside and the baby oil just hides it (short term and not very well).. not really worth the mess.. more of a used carlot trick..

Not sure if it will work on plastic, but on the seals on my truck around the windows, where I got wax, I use this stuff called Back to Black, picked it up at walmart I think, but any automotive store should have it works well

in the southwest where "lacquer checking" occurs, some guys put wax on the car. It fills all the little voids with wax reside and the baby oil just hides it (short term and not very well)..  not really worth the mess.. more of a used carlot trick..
i think your right Bogus, maybe thats what i heard. that black plastic stuff is a bugger to get clean, once wax hits it, its the petroleum in it, if i am not mistaken..

Not sure if it will work on plastic, but on the seals on my truck around the windows, where I got wax, I use this stuff called Back to Black, picked it up at walmart I think, but any automotive store should have it works well
In my experience B2B only works on porous surfaces, not smooth ones. It really works though, just on a porous material, not smooth as glass material.

Use a pencil eraser. Seriously, go try it. Best thing I have ever used. Have yet do use it on a bike as I usually tape off if I am waxing, but used it all the time on my truck.

STP used to make an Armour All type product called "Son of a Gun Protectant."  It removed wax like it was nothing.  I don't know if they still make it though.

I hit the black skirts on my sons Honda with tire black in an aerosol can after I did the tires and it worked perfect to get the wax off.

peanut butter. Don't laugh! I have a friend that is a detail guy and he told me about, I tried it, worked great.

peanut butter.  Don't laugh!  I have a friend that is a detail guy and he told me about, I tried it, worked great.
Would that be extra crunchy or
rock.gif
??
laugh.gif

Are we talking about just generally waxing the bike? Are you not allowed to get wax on the black panels or something?? I have a blue/black busa. I was going to wax it on sat.

try Goof Off Graffiti Remover.  I use it to clean the chain wax off my rear wheel... it removes just about anything.  Just one word of caution though... do not allow the stuff to soak into your paint.  Spray it onto a rag and wipe the area that needs cleaned... then immediately apply some type of protectant (like SC-1 Clear Coat).  SC-1 Clear Coat is awesome stuff!  I only wax about once every 6-8 weeks... the rest of the time I am using SC-1.

Back