Car Wax?

UH, your car has a clear coat. Your bike has a clear coat. Both are eurothane. Is there a reason you wouldn't use a car wax?

I regularly buff my bike's finish. Before this though I use a clay cleaner once a year, maybe twice. After the buff I polish the bike using the buffer and a foam pad. Once this is done I make sure no swirl marks exist. If they do I use a swirl mark remover by hand and then wax using a quality wax.

Meguires is good, but there are better compounds available. The NXT stuff does great, but wears off in a few days.

Try zymol it's expensive compared to some of the other products available, but it's worth it.

none scented Pledge the best there is I used it on my 1990 gsxr 1100 from the time it was new & I just sold 3 weaks ago looking as sharp now as it did then.

none scented Pledge the best there is I used it on my 1990 gsxr 1100 from the time it was new & I just sold 3 weaks ago looking as sharp now as it did then.
rock.gif
serious?

i use meguiars nxt detail spray then Turtle wax ice polish and then a nice caranuba wax.

Liquid glass is by far the best polish made. you would not beleive the number of people who think my 08 has an custom paint job. but it's hard to find

Any quality automotive wax will work.

Spend a little more money for the better stuff, and it will pay off in the long run.

Turtle Wax Ice, I still have the first bottle, done my car's dozens of times and my bikes all the time for a couple of year's, the bottle is still half full lol

wee

here is a pic of my 1990 GSXR 1100 that I sold 3 week ago. non scented pledge is the only thing I used on it from the time it was new. busa is next just waiting for 09 colors.

motorcycle2.JPG

watch you dont get a build of of dry white polish round the fairing stickers, it will make them look even more stuck on.

watch you dont get a build of of dry white polish round the fairing stickers, it will make them look even more stuck on.
To do the job right it takes a little patience with the details. I use a small rubber blade designed for decals and gaps to remove the residue. Yeah, it takes a while to do all the detailing, but the bike looks great when I'm done.

Back