Suzuki Corporate and the 08 RECALL

How does this look?

_____.jpg

Just checked my VIN and it looks like I'm in the bad zone, so went out to visually verify.

No joy on this end...it looks like mine is misrouted and the grey tape is not under the black tie-tie like it's suppose to be (see below)....bummer!

I haven't noticed any issues riding...yet, but it sure looks like things are getting kinked up per the picture.

Guess I'll be taking a little trip to the dealer next week.
bump.gif

08_Recall__Small_.jpg

Thanks Warchild and others for input...not what I wanted to see in my above post, but would much rather find it now in the garage instead of the side of the road or worse.

beerchug.gif

mine is in the range, but i looked and mine looks fine. I only question the final 2 to 3 inches of the wire just prior to the ignition, there is a very signifigant bend in the wire, and this is in the correct picture. Does this seem a little odd to anyone else?

I read this last night checked mine(its wrong)thought I need to get it fixed but I dont want to be the first one fixed. I will have them fix it but I want them to figure out how on someone elses bike just keep in mind if yours is the first one they do the tech is most likely to say OPPS or OH NO on your bike. I will take mine in soon but I will make sure they know what they are doing before I do. Also don't go rush in and drop it off keep in mind they don't have parts to fix it yet either.

Just a heads up. My VIN does not fall into the listed ranges, however it is definately not correct, the clamp is nowhere near the gray tape and appears to be routed incorrectly as well.

Does this look bad to you? And to think I have sold the bike but he has not picked it up yet. We are working together to figure the best way to handle this recall..

DSC05955.jpg

I was wondering if anyone else has the blue tape on theirs? The next clamp down does not have any tape under it either..

DSC05960.jpg

Not a big deal to new owner ,Have him take it to dealer .Not a big fix.

I just got off the phone with my dealership (Free State Cycle) and they will not even talk about it until they receive something from Suzuki and I receive my customer notification letter. They said to call them after I receive my letter and then they will order the parts and make arrangements to fix my bike.
So I guess I am on hold until the letter gets here..
Would anyone have the number to call to inform Zuzuki the name and address of the new owner so he will receive any recalls or other info for the remaining warranty and beyond? Thank you for any help you could give me in this matter..

Midlife III

He is not scheduled to pick it up until the 25th of June and he lives a good ways from me. I would like to get the recall taken care of before he picks it up but I do not have the letter yet and they said not to drive it and I do not have any way of getting it to the dealership.

Mines lands in the VIN numbers listed but mine seems to be fine. Basically, the who recall issue is that the tie rap is supposed to be over the gray tape and in front of the other black cable right?

Just checked mine. The grey tape is showing on both sides of the zip tie. the harness is routed correctly and is oriented properly with the other harnesses within the zip tie. So I guess everything is good but I'll still be waiting on the notice and then bring it to my dealer just to be thorough.

Add another name to the growing pile of mis-routed K8 ignition harnesses.... no question about it....
banghead.gif

misroute1.jpg

On the plus side.... I had already loosened that zie-tie in question long, loooong ago, when the bike was still fairly new. This was during Heli-Bar installation, after about three weeks of ownership (and paltry little miles, since a brutal PacNorWest winter set in just days after bringing the bike home).

So... between that fact, and the fact that the bike now has way over 13,000 miles without any hiccup of any sort, I am going to go out on a limb and adopt the position that my ignition switch is probably just fine. I have looked at the harnesses in question again, and am confident they are sufficiently loose even in full lock-to-lock positions.

Fortunately for me, this recall just ain't a big screaming deal. I am simply going to correct the routing for now, and continue to motor along. When new switches and attending hardware are available, and I have my recall letter in hand, I'll take it into my dealer at my leisure.

Which might be ... October.
cool.gif

That having been said.... I encourage all youse guys to roll into your Suzuki dealer when you get your letter. Even if you know what the deal is - mis-routed, or routed properly - *they* are the ONLY ones that must stamp your VIN plate as having the Safety Recall performed....

Just took a look at mine and it appears to be in the proper location though it was pulled so tight that the tape is half ripped off the cable. I'm gonna leave it till I get the notice in the mail and then take the bike in. I do fall in the recall list.
argue.gif

DSCN0138.jpg

Back