air box/ nitrous injector locations

Putting the nozzles in the ram tubes as far before the air box that you can will help to ensure that the NOS has a chance to change from a liquid form to gas and that all four cylinders are likely to get equal amounts of the NOS, for dry set-ups.  
beerchug.gif
THIS is what I was having trouble with, trying to understand the physics of how the liquid changes to gas and how it dissperses after it enters the air box.The instructions are clear, I wasn't.

Again, Great info guys
bowdown.gif

I was spraying a 200 shot with this setup. I have backed it down to 150 shot since it was so violent and hard to keep down.
SHOCKED.gif
 Wow,I always thought that kind of HP was only on direct port systems
woot.gif
Nitrous Oxide has a boiling point of -88 C and a critical temperature of +36 degrees Celsius.This allows for liquid expansion inambient temperatures. Nitrous turns to gas as soon as it leaves the bottle. There is no need to put the nozzles further back.

<!--QuoteBeginGixx1300R] I was spraying a 200 shot with this setup. I have backed it down to 150 shot since it was so violent and hard to keep down.
goodluck+Dec. 23 2007 8:38 AM -->[quote=Gixx1300R said:
I was spraying a 200 shot with this setup. I have backed it down to 150 shot since it was so violent and hard to keep down.
goodluck @ Dec. 23 2007 8:38 AM said:
goodluck @ Dec. 23 2007 @ 8:38 AM said:
is this dry system
Yes it is. I developed this system about 4 years ago. The extra fuel is added through the stock injectors via and extra fuel pump. When the system is activated the fuel pressure is bumped up 10 psi[/quote]
Are you seriously able to run a 200shot of nitrousoxide with the stock injectors by increasing the fuel pressure 10psi?? Everything I have read on this forum so far has leads me to beleive that a 60shot could/would max out the stock injectors.

I run 2 vortex T rex fuel pumps with 2 fuel pressure regulators ( one for the Nitrous and one for the fuel system). So I have a wet system that I split by spraying the nitrous into the Airbox and the fuel through the stock injectors. It is not only the fuel pressure but also the fuel volume. My fuel pressure starts at at 43 psi and jumps up to 53 psi once activated at 3000 rpm. As the RPMs go up by fuel pressure rises to 58 psi via a vaccum port on the fuel pressure regulator.

So to by running two fuel pumps to the stock injectors and using an adjustable raising rate fuel pressure regulators (FPR) you are able to push enough fuel through the factory injectors to sustain a 200 dry shot? So by using this "method", if you raise the fuel pressure you are able to flow enough fuel. With that being said couldn't you run a single hi flow pump and one raising rate FPR then retune the bike and get the same outcome with less weight, 1 less pump, and fewer lines to run? Are you running seperate maps? one for when you are on the juice and one for off it?

I'm not trying to dogg on anyone... Just trying to understand. So you didn't add another set of injectors just using the factory placed ones correct? How much fuel pressure does the stock FPR run? What size injectors are you running. are they modified?

So to by running two fuel pumps to the stock injectors and using an adjustable raising rate fuel pressure regulators (FPR) you are able to push enough fuel through the factory injectors to sustain a 200 dry shot?  So by using this "method", if you raise the fuel pressure you are able to flow enough fuel. With that being said couldn't you run a single hi flow pump and one raising rate FPR then retune the bike and get the same outcome with less weight, 1 less pump, and fewer lines to run? Are you running seperate maps? one for when you are on the juice and one for off it?

I'm not trying to dogg on anyone... Just trying to understand. So you didn't add another set of injectors just using the factory placed ones correct? How much fuel pressure does the stock FPR run? What size injectors are you running. are they modified?
It depends on how much you want to spray. Running two fuel pumps makes it easier to tune since they are 2 seperate systems. I use the stock Busa injectors,they are set at the stock pressure of 43 psi. You can run S2000 injectors,set the pressure around 20-35 psi fuel pressure and get an instant rich box and spray 150-200 shot all day long as long as you get colder plugs and run C16. S2000 injectors flow so much fuel that they can use less pressure.

DualRegulators.jpg

So with the set up you have on your bike. Does the senondary fuel pump only run when when you are in the physical process of spraying or does it run continuously when nitrous is armed but not spraying?

I got ya now!! So it's a dry kit tuned through the original factory injectors wuth the addition of a secondary fuel system... which has the fuctionality more like a wet kit!! Not bad.

might be an option for me later down the road. I want to upgrade to a wet kit but I don't like the idea of drilling the stock intake runners for a wet kit. I have seen the risers that are offered to install secondary injectors for turbo setups (installed between throttle bodies adn intake manifold) and thought of doing something simular to that for a wet N2O setup but replace the fuel injector with N2O injector. Also thought of running the nitrous injectors (1per cylinder) into the velocity stacks or finding a way to affix them onto the ends of the stacks. Heard that it is dangerious for a wet kit to be sprayed before the throttle boddies so I won't be trying that out. Any suggestions??

I got ya now!! So it's a dry kit tuned through the original factory injectors wuth the addition of a secondary fuel system... which has the fuctionality more like a wet kit!! Not bad.

might be an option for me later down the road. I want to upgrade to a wet kit but I don't like the idea of drilling the stock intake runners for a wet kit. I have seen the risers that are offered to install secondary injectors for turbo setups (installed between throttle bodies adn intake manifold) and thought of doing something simular to that for a wet N2O setup but replace the fuel injector with N2O injector. Also thought of running the nitrous injectors (1per cylinder) into the velocity stacks or finding a way to affix them onto the ends of the stacks. Heard that it is dangerious for a wet kit to be sprayed before the throttle boddies so I won't be trying that out.  Any suggestions??

No drilling requiered. I did not make this part. I will try and find more info on it.
post-5-35103-P2080061.jpg

post-5-35179-P2080062.jpg

post-5-35235-P2080063.jpg

post-5-35292-P2080064.jpg

post-5-51216-pic2.jpg

post-5-51285-pic4.jpg

Those look simular to the NX FI spacers that allow you to plumb your nozzles in right at the injectors....

Back