Dynotune twin bottle dry 40 shot

S-R Racing

Registered
Hey Gang,
I just finished installing a fresh bottom end and 81mm 13:1 wiseco pistons. I also have a Dynotune twin bottle dry 40 shot. Everything in this kit is pretty straight forward,with the exception being the placement of the 2 injectors. To give a little info on this system; the 2 bottles feed to a single soleniod that splits into two lines. These 2 lines then are to be installed by mounting the 2 injectors to each of the ram air tubes.
My main question is, what is the best placement of these 2 injectors, as the instuctions read,"to get best results,you want the gas cloud to blast onto/over the the IATS". Thanks for your help in advance

well if you put one in each tube only one would directly hit the iats while the other would hit indirectly

The intake air temp sensor (iats) is only calibrated to compensate for approx 100 degrees of air intake temp changes.As long as one of your foggers is spraying at the iats you will be fine because blowing both of them at it will not make a temp difference.Just make sure you are getting enough fuel in there.How are you adding extra fuel?? powercommander??Getting the correct extra fuel is more important!

I'm currently running a Yoshimura EMS w/map r146rrds.01a,which I planned on switching between the -5% mode for normal riding and the +5% mode for spray.(soldPWCMDRIIIr after sampling a yosh box on a Wed.nite test &tune,then killing 3plus tenths the next Sat.nite race for my best time to date-6.27@115.64)I was just going to richen the +5% setting up a bit to be sure I had proper fuel. I don't plan on even running it every pass, just enough to get around,a blast in 3rd in the 1/8th & 3rd,4th,&5th as needed in the 1/4.I just completed installing Wiseco 13:1 81mm pistons as well if that plays a part to let you know. I look forward to your response.I'm just an hour and a half north east of KC.MO planning to make it your way sometime soon
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

What size jet are you using ?

The dynotune h/p calc. is not very accurate.It says a .030 jet is 40 hp,in truth it will take a .036 to make 40. Regardless i would pull some timeing out.

The kit included a 28(15hp),34(30hp),&36(40hp).Iwas going to start with the 34 and see how that runs before I try the 36. That was also my next concern (timing),I also use an Ivans TRE. Should that become a former mod or just set timing per gear/throttle position and keep it on? Thanks for your help too!!!!

I would start with the .028 to get your feet wet. With the right set up (solenoid location,line length,jet location,b/p,fuel and timing)that little .028 can give quite a kick. On the flip side,get it all wrong and you will barely feel it.

I don't care for tre's myself,nitrous bike or not. Suzuki took the time to make 6 fuel/timing curves,why people want to lock themselves into a rich 5th or 6th gear map is something i don't understand.

I'm currently running a Yoshimura EMS w/map r146rrds.01a,which I planned on switching between the -5% mode for normal riding and the +5% mode for spray.(soldPWCMDRIIIr after sampling a yosh box on a Wed.nite test &tune,then killing 3plus tenths the next Sat.nite race for my best time to date-6.27@115.64)I was just going to richen the +5% setting up a bit to be sure I had proper fuel. I don't plan on even running it every pass, just enough to get around,a blast in 3rd in the 1/8th & 3rd,4th,&5th as needed in the 1/4.I just completed installing Wiseco 13:1 81mm pistons as well if that plays a part to let you know. I look forward to your response.I'm just an hour and a half north east of KC.MO planning to make it your way sometime soon
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif
We need to get your bike up on our dyno to verify your a/f while spraying to make sure it is safe & to get the most out of it
winkold.gif

bowdown.gif

The 5 P's; Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance. I'll be calling very soon to plan a trip your way sooner than expected.Do I need to bring Yoshimura info.& software? Also Thanks to everyone for all replys
beerchug.gif

We have the yoshimura EMS software in our dyno computer but you may bring your stuff if you like. Wish you had a pc3 usb.I can make a better map with one
smile.gif
Will give you a heck of a deal on one & even install it for free!. Will do the mapping for you either way
biggrin.gif
.Call me when you are ready & we'll set up a time

hope to get about another 200 or so miles today to finish break-in,then do an oil/filter change and wire up kit later this week.I'll set up app.after that.Learned a bunch from reading other thread about component locations[johnnycheese-first ride,thanks!]so should be killer.13:1 kit is more than I expected by itself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blkbusa.jpg

not to put you down SR but if you have those mods and nos and all your running is 6.20s in the 1/8 either your a big guy or your not running that bike well. Just my 02.cents.

Since last season,I just completed adding the Wiseco pistons and haven't even filled the bottles for the first time yet.IF you read the post I was asking for more info regarding this installation so that with all the knowledge of fellow members who,from what I've read have a great deal of information on this,can take most of the guess work out of what can either help my lackluster performance or just waste alot of time & money by making a oil down at my local strip. Once I get back to the local strip with the new pistons & nitrous may be I'll be able to defend my status of most wins/finals last season. I'll add the 2cents to my cup holder. Time to dust off my trophys.

Back