Nitrous 101, class in in session.

You can run with stock eternals but they don't leave no room for error. NX says their busa kit is designed to run on a completely stock bike. You have all the right equipment but I would go with CR10E's, C-16 and no more than 2 degrees of timing pulled (if you even need that much) and some kind of progressive box. I've ran that same setup on my Apocalyspe bike untill I built it to a 1397 with no problems. Thats not saying you won't have any, just that so far so good when I had it. I still run it on stock rods and crank.

Ok guys not to get shot at or anything like that but this is a pretty hard beating of a dead horse. Here is what I want to know since you guys have already done this stuff I am new to nos and bikes but not new to bike themselves I do know a wet system is way better then dry simply put it I have blown many car engines up in my time but all I want to do is a super small shot (dry kit) of say 30-40 hp is this something I need to worrie about in a stock motor? 06 busa I will get a map for the power commander somewhere? I do want to get a higher volume pump for future needs.

Your fine with a 40 shot but using a map from somewhere else is where your going wrong. To make sure everything is right you really need to get it tuned properly. Just because someone has spent the time and had a nos map made for their bike will probably be nowhere close to what your bike will need.

But dont I have to get the map close to what I need before running it just to keep from tearing it up right off the bat????

What is needed for tuning this bike I would like to do this myself if possible? Where is a good start for being safe on the map?

Without a dyno and A/F monitor your just guessing. Everything depends on what the bike likes on motor then adjust from there. Remember your at the mercy of your fuel system and if you don't know what condition its in and how well its working something is going to give. When dry kits first came out, the instructions would tell you to just take the mid and high buttons on the power commander all the way rich. Well that will make it safe (depending on how well your fuel system is) but definitly not making peak hp doing it that way.

What about an A/F monitor is there one hand held what I was thinking is to mount one on the bike and do a few runs and adjust from there? My point is I really dont want to go to a dyno if I could do it myself. As far as the fuel system my bike is an 06 with 1500 miles on it I just don't ride a whole lot. The last tune up/service I had the entire bike gone through and all they had to comment about was the fact that I had a pipe system and K&N filter so I should have a map made for it to go with those changes. Don't get me wrong this bike is in mint condition and runs real fast I just want some extra out of it and want to be the one to do it.

jeepinocala get a dynojet wideband commander. Its a datalogger ! it records A/F, RPM, TP. it can even activate your nitrous. no need for dynos let the drag strip be the dyno (real world conditions). Record ur A/F in the different TP's and make ur changes with the power commander until you get it right on target, the same goes with running the nitrous. Its not cheap $500 or so, and you also have to weld a bung in your exhaust pipe but if you know alittle you'll save big. However if your looking for max HP and graphs etc spend the money and get it dyno tuned ! :thumbsup:

You can buy a wide band setup and monitor your a/f but here's the down fall for that. If for some reason the bike goes lean while your riding it to make the data file, kaboom! On the dyno you can watch the a/f while your tuning to monitor it in real time instead of adjust, ride, adjust, ride. You want to do it yourself and there is nothing wrong with that but to be happy with "close enough" is not what you want in your tune. Fuel systems can come from the factory with 0 miles and not flow properly. The main thing is to have your injectors flowed to see where their tolerences are. A good efficient nos system is only as good as the time put in to it. You can get your injectors tested for under a $100. I understand you want to do it yourself but there are just some things your not going to be able to do effectively. I suggest that you make your changes, take it to a dyno and see if your changes are working. I have a two guys that come from Alabama with a Hyousung (I guess thats right) and they have been making their own exhaust and playing with jetting for these bikes. They bring the bike over to me and all I do is make the pulls they need. They then see if the changes they have done made a difference, good or bad. Your going to need dyno time anyway it goes if your going to get things right.

The man knows what he is saying :beerchug: i have been through 3 stock external fuel pumps :banghead: bought just the brand new pump the first time, sh*t didnt flow enough ! bought the whole assy. this time it only lasted prox. 9 months :banghead: going with 255 walbro. Like he said put everything on eg air filter, exhaust etc and have it dyno tuned because if you make any changes in air filters, airbox mod or exhaust your going to have to dyno tune it again to get things straight again.

Good Luck ! and stay off the juice until you get it dyno tuned :beerchug:

Ok I am convinced I will definitly go to a dyno to get this done right. Anyone know of a shop worth going to in Florida? Im in Ocala

Ok I am convinced I will definitly go to a dyno to get this done right. Anyone know of a shop worth going to in Florida? Im in Ocala

Didn't mean to beat you down about it but it is the best way to go. Hopefully you can go to a tuner that will let you watch and explain everything as he's doing it so you can see for yourself how mapping is done.

Yeah I know it is the best way to go and yeah I will insist that I can be there and get involved in it. I was just hopeing that I could just get a map that someone else used and get away with it but now I relize these bike are all completely different so I am all for doing it once and the right way. Thanks for helping me make a good choice.:rulez:

One last question what is a safe amount to put on a stock motor? Just how much can I go without seeing it all on the ground spred out????

Thats pretty far but to get it done the right way I can come up with a trailer. Do you think I need a ignition module? I have the power commander III usb, the hub and a gipro just for gear recognition. I have not hooked up a nos kit or bought one yet that is what I am still researching.figure I will have one in a couple of weeks.

Back