MPS Spyder?

mestona

Registered
I am going to start putting a ECU controlled nitrous kit together and I am wondering if I use a prefabbed kit, would I be better off using the MPS Spyder for delivery in the air box? I'm going to buy Greg's harness for the ECU and I am only going to spray 20-40hp progressively. Does the Spyder produce better atomization or more power?

Spyder:

MPS Hayabusa Spyder Dry Nitrous Kit

Kit:

EFI Motorcycle Nitrous System for sportbikes and crusiers, single and twin bottle kits. EFI Motorcycle Nitrous System for sportbikes and crusiers, single and twin bottle kits. Superbike nitrous oxide systems works on all bikes, hayabusa nitrous oxide

For a small shot, a spyder kit won't make much of a difference over a fogger. Over 40 HP you will need a lot more than just a spyder kit.

The spyder kit is designed to give you a harder hit,because your NOS tubed go directly into each throttlebody,where as the fogger[which I have] comes in more like a turbo,,not as hard and progressively,,I prefer the fogger because its easier on the driveline,,and I dont drag my bike,,,the fogger is more prefered for me,,but the spyder will give you a faster ET ,,but its harder on the drive train,,I hope that you are going to add extra fuel[PC ect},,they dont recommend anything over a 12[#18jet] without one,,,it will run the motor too lean and cook it. A 40 shot is a nice one for that bike,,thats what I use,,but as your kit will tell you,start with a smaller jet first,then work your way up,,,By schnitz racing chart..the biggest hp you can put on a stock busa is a 50 shot without mods,,but i dont recomend it,,A 40 shot with 15%[I use 16} more fuel @ 7000rpm at full throttle only for the NOS is a sweet set up and safe,,good luck to you and have fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Good advice, I am going to add fuel using ECU editor, I hope to get it dyno'd this fall. My goal is to run over 200mph at El Mirage by next year which is why I was asking about the Spyder. If it builds a harder hit for a better ET, it might help with my standing mile speed. OTOH it might screw up my time by causing traction loss (I have yet to go to El Mirage so I don't know what the surface is like.

one reason why I like the PC or something equal,,is I have full control when I spray,,I dont need it[ or better said,,couldnt control it LOL[ leaveing the line with the NOS activated,] my setup from schnitz raceing,came with a 6 pole switch,so that when the NOS is armed,,my horn button activates the NOS,,and when its disarmed,,Its a horn,,Ive seen kits that were activated at full throttle bt a switch hooked to the throttlebodyies,,,but I want to be in full control when the Nos comes in,,so I opted for the setup that I have,,,Ive increased my fuell @7000 and up at 16% at full throttle,,,which at that rpm doesnt hinder my bikes abilility to handle that extra fuel when not spraying,,,,I found a PC for 265.00 on line,,,and No one likes the added exspence,,,but when I pondered on it,,it was the route I wanted to go,,I Like being able to hammer 1st gear and then at the topend of 2nd,,,smacking the NOS from there,,,,,,,I guess I just like haveing full control of the Nos when it comes in,,,,,,,P.S keep the rubber side down

Last edited:
on dirt you will need things as soft as you can get them IMO

That's why I really like the progressive feature of the ECU control, on the street, I want a hard hit for fun but I figured I can run it in progressively on the dirt. I will ramp it up on the dirt, but I was wondering if the Spyder would give me better distribution for more power overall? :dunno: I just want to get the most performance for my money until I can afford to go turbo.

If you read the paper work or the web sites selling the spyder injector unit,,thats the 2 main selling tools for that product,{ 1} the injection tubes go directly into the throttlebody openings for instant power,,and [2] its equally distrubuted because of its configuration,,,,,remember tho when setting it up if you want per say a 24hp shot for the bike,,then you have to use 4[#14] jets the # 14 jet is a 6 hp jet,,,in other owrds,,dont load 4 [#34[ jets into the system [#34 is a 40 hp jet] that would be a 160 hp boost

Last edited:
The MPS is a great product. I would suggest activation by the Throttle along with some type of progressive control. There are other things to consider when spraying for long durations. PM me and we can discuss it.

Last edited:
Back