Painting it yourself

(monster @ Jan. 15 2007,12:43) Ty has mad skillz!  
bowdown.gif
laugh.gif
I'm just a mad scientist on two wheelz baby !
bluegrab.gif

(ranman @ Jan. 15 2007,13:12)
bowdown.gif
  start up a side project painting inner pannels
rock.gif
To busy trying out new shid and riding when I get the time. Plus I don't wanna be a slave to another trade, thats what work is for.
laugh.gif

If anyone needs help, just holla at yo bro man (Rhythm).
race.gif

(ranman @ Jan. 15 2007,13:12)
bowdown.gif
  start up a side project painting inner pannels
rock.gif
Hey Ran, I tried doing the side thingy when I was making custom indiglo gauges a few years back. It was way too time consuming and cut into my riding time. I don't wanna go through that again
AAAssjani.gif

Anyone remember my custom indiglo gauges I use to make ?

(Rhythm @ Jan. 15 2007,12:42)
(Over_Easy @ Jan. 15 2007,12:13) SG does his own work, I believe.
rock.gif

I just hope my innards will come out that nice when completed.  BrendanP is going to offer me some advice on how-to.
If SG painted his own bike, than I would say he's got some mad skilz in the paint dept
bowdown.gif

Good luck on painting your inners and hope everything works out for ya.  
super.gif
No kiddin, If your doing that stough yourself you could be making a killing doing it yourself.
SHOCKED.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

(ks-waterbug @ Jan. 15 2007,13:22) Ty you are the man...
The Orgs new Master Pimp!
Heres to you my brother  
beerchug.gif
Master faber by day, and Pimp'n ho's and knockn out foolz during the night hours.
laugh.gif

U crazy, Sonny !
tounge.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 16 2007,06:20)For beginners painting automotive and motorcycles (plastic) I would recommend using a product sold at Nappa automotive stores called Martin Seynor paint. Some Nappa automotive stores offer paint matching for free using a handheld color matching device they can hold up against the part you want color matched, making you a quart or gallon.
Martin Seynor online tutorial is very user friendly. Their online guidline will instruct what paint products to use for prepareing and painting the part (plastic or metal). Along wtih different recommend air pressure ( at the compressor and gun) for use with various types of paint gun using their different paint products.

Here are a couple photos of my first paint project when I painted my inners including my first speaker mod I fabricated into the inners.

post-6-73548-dsc01569.jpg

post-6-73670-dsc01568.jpg

post-6-73900-dsc01567.jpg

Photos of my inners being baked (cureing) in my jerry rigged ovenhead bake oven,speeding up the cure process.

post-6-74097-dsc01572.jpg

And another photo of my custom enlarged undertail with a dropped floor that I colored matched using Martin Seynor paint.

Modifiedundertail1.jpg

Modifiedundertail4.jpg

Rhythm, 1st of all nice JOB!!!! My ? to you is how did you get rid of that grainy look?

Last edited by a moderator:
(motogp08 @ Jan. 15 2007,13:23)
(Rhythm @ Jan. 15 2007,12:42)
(Over_Easy @ Jan. 15 2007,12:13) SG does his own work, I believe.
rock.gif

I just hope my innards will come out that nice when completed.  BrendanP is going to offer me some advice on how-to.
If SG painted his own bike, than I would say he's got some mad skilz in the paint dept
bowdown.gif

Good luck on painting your inners and hope everything works out for ya.  
super.gif
No kiddin, If your doing that stough yourself you could be making a killing doing it yourself.
SHOCKED.gif

bowdown.gif
Thanks Champ, but I'm very content with the money, and benefits I recieve from my current employer.
muscle.gif

bowdown.gif

(Smoke_Dog @ Jan. 15 2007,13:25)
(Rhythm @ Jan. 16 2007,06:20}For beginners painting automotive and motorcycles (plastic) I would recommend using a product sold at Nappa automotive stores called Martin Seynor paint. Some Nappa automotive stores offer paint matching for free using a handheld color matching device they can hold up against the part you want color matched, making you a quart or gallon.
Martin Seynor online tutorial is very user friendly. Their online guidline will instruct what paint products to use for prepareing and painting the part (plastic or metal). Along wtih different recommend air pressure ( at the compressor and gun) for use with various types of paint gun using their different paint products.

Here are a couple photos of my first paint project when I painted my inners including my first speaker mod I fabricated into the inners.

post-6-73548-dsc01569.jpg

post-6-73670-dsc01568.jpg

post-6-73900-dsc01567.jpg

Photos of my inners being baked (cureing) in my jerry rigged ovenhead bake oven,speeding up the cure process.

post-6-74097-dsc01572.jpg

And another photo of my custom enlarged undertail with a dropped floor that I colored matched using Martin Seynor paint.

Modifiedundertail1.jpg

Modifiedundertail4.jpg

Rhythm, 1st of all nice JOB!!!! My ? to you is how did you get rid of that grainy look?
Started with 220 grit paper up to 2000 (wet sanding).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhythym, UR the @#*@* Man!!! U always come up with some Lex Luthor plan of attack that just blows me away. Aside from that you share the luv. Thx Bra!!!
race.gif

That looks sick and you make it sound easy. I think I need to go to find a paint gun and some spare parts to practice with. Hopefully I'll find the patience and talent too!

(Rhythm @ Jan. 15 2007,10:51)
(extreemachine @ Jan. 15 2007,08:49) Looks great! Thanks for sharing!!
Question why are you carrying so much oil with you??
laugh.gif
Its just a demo photo showing the capacity of trunk area and how much shid I can pack in there.
Glad to see that it isn't cause it's a leaker.
Nice work.

Ty, did you do a write-up or pictorial of the undertail storage extension? I thought about doing mine as well, but haven't gotten around to it. Any help or insight on it is appreciated. Still need to paint my inners also. Just too tired of prepping parts for a little while. Looks great man.

Is the paint gun necessary?

Has any one had luck with a rattle can?
rock.gif

I need to fix the fugged up bumper on Jess truck.
laugh.gif

Back