2006 Hyper-Bike Championships

BigJohn......Very well said!
wink.gif

I Agree!

Is he truly asking me to be a menace to society ?
Cause I will.
And if that frickin Kawi is beating us, I'll take one for the team and wipe them out, for my fellow busa riders.
How's that fpr fair?

Seriously though, maybe its the sponsors that are pushing the good driving record thing.

I am assuming that this will be legit with permits, road closures and such. Otherwise, what is the sense of a good driving record.

Is he truly asking me to be a menace to society ?
Cause I will.
And if that frickin Kawi is beating us, I'll take one for the team and wipe them out, for my fellow busa riders.
How's that for fair?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Man you are one twisted guy.

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133042255 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hehe
smile.gif

"some sections will be wet"... fun fun fun...
I wish I could go, but I havent "legally" ridden for 10 years and I get a lot of speeding tickets.... duh... I didnt get a Hayabusa to go 35mph
tounge.gif

Non-Professional riders only. This event will be raced by the demographic community that represents the purchasers of these bikes.  
The largest portion of the "demographic Community that represents the purchasers of these bikes" will likely not have a perfect driving record. And to ask for 10+ years of verifiable legal experience... and no pro riders... and wet pavement... and.. what next? "No married guys with kids because if they were to die in an accident we don't want to have that on our concience".
laugh.gif

Sorry if I seem cynical, but it just sounds like alot of blah blah blah.... We can go to the track on track day and get a good enough taste of who's who in the world of Hyper-Bikes-- and we won't have to do it with water or licenses or... or...

Seems like a waste of time to me, but I'm hoping some of the Hayabusa hot dogs will show em what's up
wink.gif

hehe.. damn and I thought that 60 in a 45 I got in the cage 6 months ago wasn't worth going to court over..

I think if I were setting this up I would forget all this other bullcrap.

stretch it out over 2-3 days/weekends.

1 track day... YOU provide the timing equipment..

cookout and all that jazz at each event... course that costs extra if your eatin... and most people will .. cuz uhh... it's what everybody is doing.

BBQ!!!

normal track day till about 4pm then it's like a qualifying deal.. max of 5 laps or something to keep the track from being swamped all at once. again YOU provide the timing equipment to rule out any weird stuff.

next event would be a drag strip... thats pretty simple... line em' up head to head and do it bracket style until nobody is left..

and a dyno if ya want.

no major mods allowed between events.. minor changes would be too anal to keep up with.. gears, maps, ect.. no biggie.. adding a turbo/nos.. no no.

third event... bike show/dyno if ya want.. same rules.. no major modificatios allowed.

a bit more tech.. but eh.. whatever..

3 events... 3 entry fee's too.. hehe triple your money in one easy step.. thanks to ego. I'll expect my cut.

The plan has potential. Rules are too stringent. Personally, racing in the wet, Biker Boys style, is not my cup of tea. I guess the ZX-12r owners can't come since they don't have 1200 cc's.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yes, guys the sponsors don't want to back a big mess waiting to happen, so thats why the noose is a little tight. Here is what I will do. Drop the ten years, to five. The license, you just must legally be licensed operate a motorcycle for at least five years. No, wet surface. I said we were flexible just give me a chance to sort through what works.

So, is that better?

The take one for the team stuff, is exactly why we have rules and we hope that adults come out to this event. We are still sorting out the legalities, waivers, permits, vendors and such.

This should be a fun event, not a war. After all, my standpoint is these challenges will take place on public roads somewhere, so to spare lives and the public why not make it an annual organized event.  

We should have the full floor plan and event specs completed by April. We will also set up some practice days for all. I will pass on the info as I get so everyone knows what is going on.

Ride safe,

Any additional ideas or questions please email me.

Your friend in riding,

Greg

<!--EDIT|GregWilliams
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133100777 -->

how can you say you want to see which bike is the fastest and then you dont have a top speed event listed ?

are you going to have an event where you can top out the bikes ?

if not you wont know what bike is the fastest , you may know what bike is the quickest , but not really .

if the the owners of the bikes will also be the riders then it will come down to rider ability

it seems this test wont prove a thing

also , will modified bikes be allowed ? or will it be for bone stockers ?

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133108235 -->

bleh.. I see my idea has gone un-heeded.

why? it's a beautiful plan!

and that stuff of having your time thing on a street.. yeah.. uh.. let me know which insurance company signs on for that one.. and who's home your goign to put a 2nd, & 3rd mortgage on to pay the premium.

you could attract A LOT more people with a track day.. probably even get one of the track day schools involved to help defray costs.

ya know..admission for the whole deal would be track day costs + $75 or something.. whateva.

i'm a genius.

do ya hafta "wet the pavement" to create "unfavorable riding conditions"?

I mean...isn't riding amidst a crew of 4 eyed willybooger kaws "unfavorable" enough?
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

bleh..  I see my idea has gone un-heeded.

why?  it's a beautiful plan!

and that stuff of having your time thing on a street.. yeah.. uh.. let me know which insurance company signs on for that one.. and who's home your goign to put a 2nd, & 3rd mortgage on to pay the premium.

you could attract A LOT more people with a track day.. probably even get one of the track day schools involved to help defray costs.

ya know..admission for the whole deal would be track day costs + $75 or something..  whateva.

i'm a genius.
How about this, you guys organize an event by your rules and we will do one by ours, we already have the funding for ours based on the initial plans, so I can't change the format now to please everyone.

We'll exchange dates and so forth. This way everyone is happy, I have the feeling no matter how I would have tweaked this, not everyone will be happy. Sounds like a good plan to me. Please let us know when your event is.

My experience, I worked as a General Manager for the company that produced nothing but challenge events that appeared on ESPN, Spike TV and the Discovery Channel, we produced the Firefighter Combat Challenge, Marine Super-Squad Challenge, Army Best Ranger Challenge, World Swat Challenge and The Law Enforcement Officer Performance and Reaction Drill, so I have lots of experience setting up national challenge based events and I know what networks find value in. I guess you would have to have drafted a few hundred contracts to know.  

I also have 21 crash free years of riding under my belt and yes, I have seen the red line too many times to count. You can ride hard without finding, Mr. Guard Rail or Johnny Law, there is a time and place for everything. Picking the time and place is a challenge in it's self.

So I will set up our event based on what will sell to networks because it is my business and our event will be what I consider a challenge. Networks don't want to see drag-races thats what the professionals do or what takes place under the bridge on some dark street on a Saturday night.

What they do want to see is the average guy, win and lose. America loves to see winners but they also love to see losers, that's what reality TV is all about. The challenges we have come up with are geared to prove many things, most importantly can you ride and having a big-bore bike is about more than the name. So, hence the new title "Hyper-Bike Challenge". I just purchased. HyperbikeChampionship.com for this event. It's everything I would want see, absent having salt flats and there is another arena for those activities, we won't know what the top speed is and the sponsors won't care anyway 186 is the max, gentleman's agreement.

On the modifications yes whatever you wish. Again, if you know riding the fastest 1/4 mile bike will not win this event, it will be the best rider and the best all around tuned machine, tuned to do it all, go, stop, turn and looks.

This is clearly a $250,000 event, with vendor booths, production crews, various staff, press, marketing, security, insurance, police, fire and everyone else. So entry fees will be in the $350.00 window. The event will be limited to the first 50 bikes for 2006, signed up and paid. The prizes will be outstanding.

So if you have a constructive idea and a business mindset please let me know your thoughts.

I hope this clears up our thoughts and again this was suppose to be a great idea not a war.

"winners never stop trying, not to be losers"

Greg

<!--EDIT|GregWilliams
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133113781 -->

Sounds sweet, looks like you have everything taken care of. So is this a first come first serve type deal on the day of the event or will there be a pre-entry so you will have time to get a driving record? I will be waiting for the dates and locations, I can't enter but I will definatly go watch if it is close enough.

Ok,
so this is what I get from your last post, the event will be about the following:

1.Fastest qaurter mile time
2.Most nimble
3.Most power (dyno runs)

Sounds good although I have to disagree with you on what so called america wants to see. I personally would like to see a drag race that happens under the bridge on a dark street cause majority of the time that is real, not a race on closed streets. Pure Ego has a great Idea IMO. I would deffinately tune it to watch some guys dyno there bikes(for hp comparisons) then drag there bikes to see who's is the quickest in the quarter followed by a few laps on a track to see who has more skill. Of course this will determine who has more skills opposed to which bike is the best/fastest/most powerful. You deffinately have a good plan but too many kinks. Good Luck Greg and keep us informed.

bleh..  I see my idea has gone un-heeded.

why?  it's a beautiful plan!

ya know..admission for the whole deal would be track day costs + $75 or something..  whateva.

i'm a genius.
How about this, you guys organize an event by your rules and we will do one by ours, we already have the funding for ours based on the initial plans, so I can't change the format now to please everyone.

We'll exchange dates and so forth. This way everyone is happy, I have the feeling no matter how I would have tweaked this, not everyone will be happy. Sounds like a good plan to me. Please let us know when your event is.

My experience, I worked as a General Manager for the company that produced nothing but challenge events that appeared on ESPN, Spike TV and the Discovery Channel, we produced the Firefighter Combat Challenge, Marine Super-Squad Challenge, Army Best Ranger Challenge, World Swat Challenge and The Law Enforcement Officer Performance and Reaction Drill, so I have lots of experience setting up national challenge based events and I know what networks find value in. I guess you would have to have drafted a few hundred contracts to know.  

I also have 21 crash free years of riding under my belt and yes, I have seen the red line too many times to count. You can ride hard without finding, Mr. Guard Rail or Johnny Law, there is a time and place for everything. Picking the time and place is a challenge in it's self.

So I will set up our event based on what will sell to networks because it is my business and our event will be what I consider a challenge. Networks don't want to see drag-races thats what the professionals do or what takes place under the bridge on some dark street on a Saturday night.

What they do want to see is the average guy, win and lose. America loves to see winners but they also love to see losers, that's what reality TV is all about. The challenges we have come up with are geared to prove many things, most importantly can you ride and having a big-bore bike is about more than the name. So, hence the new title "Hyper-Bike Challenge". I just purchased. HyperbikeChampionship.com for this event. It's everything I would want see, absent having salt flats and there is another arena for those activities, we won't know what the top speed is and the sponsors won't care anyway 186 is the max, gentleman's agreement.

On the modifications yes whatever you wish. Again, if you know riding the fastest 1/4 mile bike will not win this event, it will be the best rider and the best all around tuned machine, tuned to do it all, go, stop, turn and looks.

This is clearly a $250,000 event, with vendor booths, production crews, various staff, press, marketing, security, insurance, police, fire and everyone else. So entry fees will be in the $350.00 window. The event will be limited to the first 50 bikes for 2006, signed up and paid. The prizes will be outstanding.

So if you have a constructive idea and a business mindset please let me know your thoughts.

I hope this clears up our thoughts and again this was suppose to be a great idea not a war.

"winners never stop trying, not to be losers"

Greg
1/4 mil event?...$350 entry fee?..only 50 Bikes?

So lemme get this straight...we pay $350 plus travel expenses to participate in an event you intend to promote, sell and profit from as a real life TV production?

All the while placing our 7 year old/long Speed Title Belts on the line against Kaws new ZX14 for all the world to see?

And we get what out of this?...the opportunity to buy a $5 corndog and a $20 T-Shirt from one of your vendor tents?

Why does this not sound like "Fun" to me?...am I alone in these thoughts?

How about this instead...how about we (hayabusa.org) challenge ZX14.Net to a "Thrills In The Hills" ride and we'll find out ourselves...like true online gentlemen and motorcycle enthusiasts normally do...then if you wanna provide media coverage and profit from it's sale?..we charge you to be there....with 20% of all profits you earn to be evenly split towards the support and betterment of both Hayabusa.org and ZX14.net.

and uh....your first corndogs on me.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Sounds interesting but the demographics that represent the purchasers of these bikes aren't even close to moto-gp riders so the wet pavement thing is a disaster waiting to happen. Kepp in mind that road racing tires and wet racing tiures are two totaly different things. That needs to be ditched and i think some of the rules are a bit to stringent.
smile.gif

I agree with one poster. How can you have 2006 Speed Champ contest without an event to see which bike is fastest in speed? This is the title Hayabusa has held and still holds.
With your events and rules you listed I think the event would be illegitimate.
I got a 10 MPH over ticket in my cage about 6 years ago so I'm out for sure.
Mad`

Sorry Greg, I know it's been said many times before, but I have to ask: Did you mean this to be a non-pro event? And how do you really measure experience by years (verses miles, saddle time, or flight miles, whatever you want to call it)? Point is, my M1 license is less than 18 months old, but I've clocked nearly 21,000 on my busa since I got it brand new. Busahaya got his M1 around the same time I did, but he picked up his Busa 15 months ago and he clocked nearly 25,000 miles on it. So (and no offence to those that can ride year round in near perfect weather or have other reasons they can't ride constantly), are you saying that someone with a 7, 8, or even 10 year old motorcycle license that clocked a total of 15,000 miles of saddle time are more experienced than someone like Busahaya or I that clocked more than 20,000 miles in under 2 years?

Case and point, I had a coworker that has his M1 for over 8 years now, but admit he hasn't saddled a bike in over 5 years now, but if you look at his license, that M1 is still there.

Most of us can say by now that there are many different types of riders: drag racers, track riders, canyon carvers, street/fwy riders (urban fighter pilots)... Skill set are vastly different, just take a look at the TT Isle of Man, don't see too many (if any at all) MotoGP names on that the TT race roster, do you?

So what kind of controlled coarse is it? Track? Streets? Freeway? And how are you (or your sponsors) evaluating "riding skills"?

Back