What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

Rode it!!
46° Not much sun, heated grips today would be perfect. Lol
2A9CE712-5F0E-4783-8CDC-DFE0461865CE.jpeg

I resurrected an old 1989 GSXR1100K that belongs to a friend of mine . .
He's had it stored for the last 10 years and now wants to sell it, these things are rare and in hot demand by old guys that had one back in the day.
The carbs were green and gunked up, the fuel tap was leaking bad, and the battery was dead. Tyres are 2005 dated, brake fluid and clutch fluid was brown and nasty, and it was filthy from sitting in a very old drafty garage with only a cotton sheet covering it the last 10 years.
So, after 8 hours work it purrs like a kitten, cleaned up nicely too.
Here's a short vid I took on my phone tonight, it has all the fairings, but the mirrors are missing/broken and they are like rocking horse sh#t to find.
Nice old bike, I had a 1991 GSXR1100M from '99 to '02, great machine, fast as.
So if I can get a sweet deal from my mate, I may just add it to my stable.
I sat on it tonight, pegs are way to high for me, way worse than the Busa, just about unrideable for a creaky old dude like me lol.

I just did the deal with the owner of the bike (an old friend of 25 years) and we agreed on a sum I was happy with . . . him, not so much, but I held firm to what I thought it was worth and he was shooting for the stars initially.
He came around to my way of thinking after a lot of discussion, me pointing out all the costs to get it back on the road.
Very happy though.
if the below link doesn't work, just go to youtube to watch it.

I just did the deal with the owner of the bike (an old friend of 25 years) and we agreed on a sum I was happy with . . . him, not so much, but I held firm to what I thought it was worth and he was shooting for the stars initially.
He came around to my way of thinking after a lot of discussion, me pointing out all the costs to get it back on the road.
Very happy though.
Great deal, that bike looks to be in excellent condition, the paint still gleams......

That's a great bike to add to the stable-congrats.

Great deal, that bike looks to be in excellent condition, the paint still gleams......

That's a great bike to add to the stable-congrats.
Thanks Bill, yeah, I have a soft spot for the old oil burners, and it does have a few cosmetic issues as any bike from 33 years back will have.
Nothing that can't be corrected with a little time, effort and cash.
I'll post up more pics when it has it's fairing fitted up.
Will look the duck's nuts!
My mate has one the same, but in black and gun metal grey, I rode that a few years ago on a decent ride....wasn't too bad comfort wise, once ya get going and concentrating on survival out there lol.

Thanks Bill, yeah, I have a soft spot for the old oil burners, and it does have a few cosmetic issues as any bike from 33 years back will have.
Nothing that can't be corrected with a little time, effort and cash.
I'll post up more pics when it has it's fairing fitted up.
Will look the duck's nuts!
I love the old oil burners myself....I should have kept a couple I had especially my '85 race bike...

Like the Hayabusa, they loved to be modified...and were simple and reliable...

Very happy though.
Nice score, Greg! At least that bike is becoming more and more rare which sounds like it had your friend dreaming about making a bundle off that one. Have you looked online for what people are asking for the average beat up, abused, dropped, scratched to hell busa?!! I’m to the point now that I use it as a hobby. I just go online and look up hayabusa’s for sale in my area so I can have a good laugh looking at the prices. I guess they can ask for whatever they want as is their bike, but they’ll never be able to sell them.

I was thinking the same.
8 hours is a work day, and that's really productive to get all that done.
It wasn't too hard actually, but getting the pilot jets out without muching the screwdriver slot and having them stuck in there was the tricky part, but I ultrasonic tanked them at 60degC for 20 minutes and that softened up the crud enough to loosen them and remove them. . . they were blocked solid and had to use a wire strand from a wire brush held with grips to clear them. I hate that.
Rest of it was straight forward and it actually started after about 1 to 21 seconds of cranking with the starter motor, I love that!

Back