What did you do to your other motorcycle today ?

Detailed the ZX12 in preparation for selling it. Absolute hoot to ride too.

TLWA6152.JPG

I always liked the look of those ZX12Rs....I had a friend who had a silver (Canadian Edition) one and it was a really sharp looking bike...and fast as heck....

He moved back to Scotland and took it with him.
If I could accommodate another scoot, it’ll stay but having 9 bikes, I need to find time to ride the other girls.

Definitely a fast bike that’s underrated.

If I could accommodate another scoot, it’ll stay but having 9 bikes, I need to find time to ride the other girls.

Definitely a fast bike that’s underrated.
I used to be in that position as well with up to 7 bikes at one time....it really bothered me to see any of them sit but I just couldn't ride them all...

It was like a breath of fresh air to go down to one bike....the Hayabusa is the best bike for only having one as it is so versatile.

I used to be in that position as well with up to 7 bikes at one time....it really bothered me to see any of them sit but I just couldn't ride them all...

It was like a breath of fresh air to go down to one bike....the Hayabusa is the best bike for only having one as it is so versatile.
6 of them live at work but thankfully I have time to clean and bring one home every now and then.

I do mainly ride the Busa’s as the others are collectors and not really replaceable.

The VStrom started throwing codes for Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator and Idle Speed Control because the clutch switch went bad (after another So Cal dust storm). No biggie, pulled and serviced, but learned the ECM receives data from the clutch pull to perform the bike's shift assist function (raises the RPMs when bike in 1st and clutch engaged).

Replaced Chain and sprockets, went down 1 tooth in front, new air filter.

Spring riding approaches!

Installed Stompgrip tank pads on the Gixxer. Put a Puig dark smoke windscreen on a couple weeks back. Going to order a Graves rear fender eliminator today, unless someone has another recommendation. I looked at the Yosh but its about 50 dollars more because it does not come with the bracket to mount the turn signals, and the Graves does. I really like the looks of the New Rage kit, but with the tag laying flat on the undertail that would just be asking for a ticket.

Installed Stompgrip tank pads on the Gixxer. Put a Puig dark smoke windscreen on a couple weeks back. Going to order a Graves rear fender eliminator today, unless someone has another recommendation. I looked at the Yosh but its about 50 dollars more because it does not come with the bracket to mount the turn signals, and the Graves does. I really like the looks of the New Rage kit, but with the tag laying flat on the undertail that would just be asking for a ticket.
I put an undertail on the '18 gsxr1000R
It has built in turn signals and tag light(all led).
It also came with a couple 90° aluminum brackets to drill and mount the tag where ever you want, but my Dad made a custom tag mount instead.
The undertail is abs and comes in white, my friend had it painted flat black.
It really cleans up the lines.
I just texted him for a link and price.
I think I accidentally erased the rear pictures I had too, but I can take more.
I just have these side veiws.
The black you see behind the passenger pegs is the back of the tag, and it's very easy to see from behind.

Screenshot_20220218-112713_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-112730_Gallery.jpg

Here it is
The led tag light is very small, but bright, and invisible from behind as you can see.
It's center, about midway between the tag and turn signals.
I put a drop of black auto touch up paint on the back of the bulb too, also invisible, so all the light shines on the tag without any glare elsewhere.

IMG950787.jpg

Here it is
The led tag light is very small, but bright, and invisible from behind as you can see.
It's center, about midway between the tag and turn signals.
I put a drop of black auto touch up paint on the back of the bulb too, also invisible, so all the light shines on the tag without any glare elsewhere.

View attachment 1647292
That does look nice, I wanted something similar on the busa but after my plate broke off and all I was left with was a corner of the plate still bolted to the bracket I got from @mabupa I figured I'd just leave it that way so that it gives me a couple options on how stupid I wanna be:laugh::laugh:

That does look nice, I wanted something similar on the busa but after my plate broke off and all I was left with was a corner of the plate still bolted to the bracket I got from @mabupa I figured I'd just leave it that way so that it gives me a couple options on how stupid I wanna be:laugh::laugh:
The tag bracket is custom, my Dad made it. It looks like an upside down capital "T", with a bend at the intersection, to make the tag angled out, so the tag isn't flat against the undertail.
The tag bracket does not attach to the aftermarket undertail either.
It's attached to the factory black plastic under tray that the battery and ecu sit in.
The tag mount portion of the bracket sticks out at the bottom of the aftermarket undertail, and the aftermarket undertail covers the mounting point of the tag bracket.
So if the aftermarket undertail somehow managed to fall off, the tag wouldn't go with it.

Tonight I fitted new plastics and new graphics to my DRZ400E dirt bike . .
(not to be confused with my other DRZ400S road legal bike)
I reckon it looks awesome, I did this to sell it, but it's so good I can't bring myself to sell it lol.
This bike was one I bought cheap ($400, needed a lot of work ) from my work and rebuilt for resale and profit.
I stripped it down and cleaned every part, then reassembled it and bought the Acerbis plastics kit and the graphics to enhance the look of it.
What d'yall think of it?

A1C75D19-98DC-44FA-AC33-DE0A239A001D.jpeg

EDDE0FF9-FE40-4526-A7F1-1A3CBC641FCC.jpeg

7FA23E0B-F0B6-4129-A462-6BB0C6D53A65.jpeg

C7C3A07E-3407-4B97-A4A1-F983E1C968EF.jpeg

6727E7C1-C393-478D-A948-205F58C8F06D.jpeg

IMG_3436.JPG

Last edited:
Back