Fastest/quickest STOCK motor with boost?

Also I'm 207 suited now, damn beer is making me fatter lol. Stock clutch with 3 heavy springs installed.

You might want to run more spring pressure. My buddy was running stock clutch with all 6 ape 60 pound springs and his was slipping on 280whp. Didn’t slip on the dyno but at the track it was slipping.

his bike was gen 1 with a intake cam on the exhaust side and stage 1 rcc kit on 9psi. 64 in wb and he went 8.39.

You might want to run more spring pressure. My buddy was running stock clutch with all 6 ape 60 pound springs and his was slipping on 280whp. Didn’t slip on the dyno but at the track it was slipping.

his bike was gen 1 with a intake cam on the exhaust side and stage 1 rcc kit on 9psi. 64 in wb and he went 8.39.
I was thinking the same thing. Going down the track is probably gonna slip it sooner then it would on the dyno

On my nitrous bike I could not get it to trap more then 159 with ape springs. So I swapped in some valve springs and that gained me 5 to 6 mph. But the clutch still feels like it’s slipping a little still. I want to continue my experiment with the stock clutch but I’m going to buy a hand slider and move on.

Did the clutch hold? Back torque eliminator installed? Edit: didn’t see other comments on my phone. Interested in outcome
It's all stock other then 3 springs.

Clutch is holding as of now, it's a new clutch pack just dyno time so maybe a few passes and it will start to slip. I'll add the other 3 springs when it starts to slip.

I've been 164 many many times before years ago on stock clutch springs when the bike was on nitrous.

Last edited:
On my nitrous bike I could not get it to trap more then 159 with ape springs. So I swapped in some valve springs and that gained me 5 to 6 mph. But the clutch still feels like it’s slipping a little still. I want to continue my experiment with the stock clutch but I’m going to buy a hand slider and move on.
I'm gonna get me a clutch here soon. Found a crack head deal on a Hays clutch just still pretending that I'm gonna do something with this old hand clutch set up I have now lol I need to just give in already. It's not like I ride this scooter on the street

Went out on 9psi (300ish hp). Went 8.74@164 first time down the track since 2012. Got booted for no license will go back hopefully on the 14th to get my licensing passes done. This is basically as slow as I can make the bike go I literally left like I was leaving a stop light went 1.65 60' lolololol

View attachment 1614315
Actually i couldn't ever 60' mine on spring worth a damn, i think i did a 1.58 once and tried to outdo that and 12 oclocked. That was with HD springs in the clutch, never tried with a hand or full slider on a stock motor. My stock motor didn't last on a stage 1 a year but i went to the track about 12 times. Anything could have happened but essentially detonation.

You can make a gen 1 2 step out of the "set neutral map when clutch in" and set a rev limiter on neutral to whatever rpms you want when you flash the ecu but I never could get that to not randomly act up. An aftermarket 2 step seems the best bet but I just never installed one. I am no left hand genie by any means.

Can you show us a video of your hands during launch?

Can you show us a launch video of your right hand. I bet you aren't locking the throttle immediately and letting the lever control the revs. It's my bad habit
Haven't been to track in quite a bit and really only 15ish passes ever. I would assume it's that, I'm too nervous to launch the bike bc I dont want to spin and lose it, nor do I really want to have a crazy wheelie and then rough landing.

The times I've been to track I ride the bike about 40 miles to get there, do a few passes, and then head home. There is a bunch different if I were to actually setup bike and mess with tire pressure.

Haven't been to track in quite a bit and really only 15ish passes ever. I would assume it's that, I'm too nervous to launch the bike bc I dont want to spin and lose it, nor do I really want to have a crazy wheelie and then rough landing.

The times I've been to track I ride the bike about 40 miles to get there, do a few passes, and then head home. There is a bunch different if I were to actually setup bike and mess with tire pressure.
I started that way too and ended up trailer when I wheelied and came down so hard it broke the radiator. I cant count the times I needed that trailer to get back now. I had a hand slider for a while and developed a habit of throwing the lever. I beat that and now I'm lazy on the throttle. If going fast were easy, everyone would be fast

I started that way too and ended up trailer when I wheelied and came down so hard it broke the radiator. I cant count the times I needed that trailer to get back now. I had a hand slider for a while and developed a habit of throwing the lever. I beat that and now I'm lazy on the throttle. If going fast were easy, everyone would be fast
I started out like that too. Very first pass I ever made I stalled the bike. If you stick with it, it'll get better.

Watch my right hand how long it takes for me to go WOT and you will see probably something like you are doing.
Between trying to not slide back in the seat (I'm a skinny guy and have a hump build into the seat), trying to get foot up to shift (too scared to leave with foot already up) I am sure I'm not getting full throttle until 2nd gear.

My best pass I'm on the right. Totally taking this thread off topic but appreciate the help that has been given.

15849008930161794995718978315520.jpg

Back