Fastest/quickest STOCK motor with boost?

@Mr Brown Lucy is completely stock.

Someone made mention about pushing water, I found a few days later that the thermostat was on its way out, and not opening and closing all the way.

And thanks to everyone in here for standing up for me/Lucy. But @01smokes and I have been talking over Instagram. Personally I think it’s cool to see another guy that’s more largely based in the automotive performance side of things come in and try to push the limits of the busas like I do. He’s said a lot of things I’ve been saying here for the last few years about how far in the Stone Age bikes are. It’s funny you have the 7.99 goal on a factory stock engine, as that’s kinda what I was wanting to do. Lucy was very abused and have my doubts she’d hold together. But I have no problems trying.

I’ve put just over 1000 miles on Lucy and never tuned the boost down, and seems to be doing well at the 330hp.

I searched for many weeks before before I claimed the most hp ever made on a factory stock engine. @01smokes said he made 390hp, but hasn’t shown proof of it yet, but did give mea reason why and I understand.

I’ll be on the dyno this week doing some part testing on Lucy. I wouldn’t be surprised if I “accidentally” bumped the boost controller up a few more psi just to make sure I have smokes covered for the fun of it. The biggest problem I see with 400+hp on a factory stock engine is the factory ring gaps are TINY. Like .011. So keeping the rings cool so the don’t expand and break a piston is key. That means running an even fatter afr then usual even on X98 fuel. Could make up for some power loss because of the afr by running a little more boost. But then the valve springs may start to get blown open. Lucy was making peak power at 11k rpm when I was ending the pulls on the dyno, so that tells me they’re still hanging in there.

I’d be Leary of running 400hp down the track for that reason. But maybe the abuse and wear on the engine would play in to my favor in this situation. We will have to see. When I go to the track I’ll be making sure my front half spot on before running it out the back door just to keep the abuse down on the engine.

Thanks for clarifying Rob.
@01smokes I hope you can get some numbers down to back up what you think it's making, look forward to seeing those. I also think it's cool that you're coming at the task from a different direction, innovation drives progress. However since people show up making wild claims from time to time, with no idea what they're talking about, please forgive me for coming across with suchskepticism, what you said wasn't impossible to achieve, but I knew it was highly improbable....I think you'll now understand why I said what I did.

@01smokes I hope you can get some numbers down to back up what you think it's making, look forward to seeing those. I also think it's cool that you're coming at the task from a different direction, innovation drives progress. However since people show up making wild claims from time to time, with no idea what they're talking about, please forgive me for coming across with suchskepticism, what you said wasn't impossible to achieve, but I knew it was highly improbable....I think you'll now understand why I said what I did.
HI. Well looks like I will be wasting about $18,900.00 on my built motor, I can keep it stock and make 740HP! I hope to have the motor, clutch and trams done by the end of this year! The chassis and body work is almost done. The last will be the ECU and turbo. Rob what do you think of using ZX 14 rod bearings?

HI. Well looks like I will be wasting about $18,900.00 on my built motor, I can keep it stock and make 740HP! I hope to have the motor, clutch and trams done by the end of this year! The chassis and body work is almost done. The last will be the ECU and turbo. Rob what do you think of using ZX 14 rod bearings?

How many seconds would that 740hp last on a stocker? :)

Mike, I have the utmost faith in you meeting your goal. You'll get there, keep pushing ahead!

@Mr Brown Lucy is completely stock.

Someone made mention about pushing water, I found a few days later that the thermostat was on its way out, and not opening and closing all the way.

And thanks to everyone in here for standing up for me/Lucy. But @01smokes and I have been talking over Instagram. Personally I think it’s cool to see another guy that’s more largely based in the automotive performance side of things come in and try to push the limits of the busas like I do. He’s said a lot of things I’ve been saying here for the last few years about how far in the Stone Age bikes are. It’s funny you have the 7.99 goal on a factory stock engine, as that’s kinda what I was wanting to do. Lucy was very abused and have my doubts she’d hold together. But I have no problems trying.

I’ve put just over 1000 miles on Lucy and never tuned the boost down, and seems to be doing well at the 330hp.

I searched for many weeks before before I claimed the most hp ever made on a factory stock engine. @01smokes said he made 390hp, but hasn’t shown proof of it yet, but did give mea reason why and I understand.

I’ll be on the dyno this week doing some part testing on Lucy. I wouldn’t be surprised if I “accidentally” bumped the boost controller up a few more psi just to make sure I have smokes covered for the fun of it. The biggest problem I see with 400+hp on a factory stock engine is the factory ring gaps are TINY. Like .011. So keeping the rings cool so the don’t expand and break a piston is key. That means running an even fatter afr then usual even on X98 fuel. Could make up for some power loss because of the afr by running a little more boost. But then the valve springs may start to get blown open. Lucy was making peak power at 11k rpm when I was ending the pulls on the dyno, so that tells me they’re still hanging in there.

I’d be Leary of running 400hp down the track for that reason. But maybe the abuse and wear on the engine would play in to my favor in this situation. We will have to see. When I go to the track I’ll be making sure my front half spot on before running it out the back door just to keep the abuse down on the engine.
Oh ya its gonna be a glory pass for sure! I'll make sure that 660' is what it needs to be. before i hold it open.
The scooter is also much more of a race bike then yours. Pretty much everything that's not necessary has been removed. Might even cut the rails and run a full cell up front. Make it a track only bike. I have no intention of riding this on the street anymore.

Oh ya its gonna be a glory pass for sure! I'll make sure that 660' is what it needs to be. before i hold it open.
The scooter is also much more of a race bike then yours. Pretty much everything that's not necessary has been removed. Might even cut the rails and run a full cell up front. Make it a track only bike. I have no intention of riding this on the street anymore.
Yep, total street bike here. Still has heat and ac...

Hahaha got power windows and a system?
Power windows yes, no system.

Oh I KNOW what it's making for power. I know what I'm talking about this is no where near my first rodeo.

Nice! I just got rid of my g body a while back. twin 71s, 408, glide all the bullshit made some pretty good power and would have smacked the hell out if the booza (on the street) lol. Sad how fast we can make cars now a days for so little money
That’s a 200k mile sbe 4.8. I just switched back to a big single from twins. Been running several years with that engine at 800-1000hp. The car has a rear mount radiator, and still has ac and heat.

That’s a 200k mile sbe 4.8. I just switched back to a big single from twins. Been running several years with that engine at 800-1000hp. The car has a rear mount radiator, and still has ac and heat.
Hey that's impossible! Watch out people around here are gonna call bull poop lol.

There is two 5.3s local here that have been 4 90s they are gonna see what they do here soon in the 1/4 should roll to some 7.90s if they stay together. Crazy that stock 500 dollar engines can run over turbo boosas lol

Hey that's impossible! Watch out people around here are gonna call bull poop lol.

There is two 5.3s local here that have been 4 90s they are gonna see what they do here soon in the 1/4 should roll to some 7.90s if they stay together. Crazy that stock 500 dollar engines can run over turbo boosas lol

Ive been a sponsor here for a long time. Most these guys know about the car and automotive performance background.

Back