Akrapovic 4 into 1

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Revzilla package "Akrapovic" 4 into 1 will arrive this evening for the Great White. My son will most likely start on this in the morning. All panels should get aligned properly when he puts it back together since the stealership didn't get any of that right. Gaps everywhere. Excited to hear the difference with this exhaust and wondering if he will get a tune and if so... where in Colorado is someone that can do a great job on that. I'll post photos once he gets started.

Goods are delivered.

Revzilla package "Akrapovic" 4 into 1 will arrive this evening for the Great White. My son will most likely start on this in the morning. All panels should get aligned properly when he puts it back together since the stealership didn't get any of that right. Gaps everywhere. Excited to hear the difference with this exhaust and wondering if he will get a tune and if so... where in Colorado is someone that can do a great job on that. I'll post photos once he gets started.
In Denver, Bart with Imperial cycle, did mine was very pleased. Quick cycles is an other that has been recommended to me.

Thanks Busa Bob, I just didn't know if there was anything out there. I'll see what we can drum up with them. I had told my son... its his bike.. that I would take it to Texas if he wants me to. Local is good.

In Denver, Bart with Imperial cycle, did mine was very pleased. Quick cycles is an other that has been recommended to me.

Ever noticed how much an akro header resembles a micron? Reverse engineering? :poke:
All their (Akro ) pipes are dyno tested and tuned for pretty much best results , they have a good reputation because of this . Maybe Micron make a good all round performance pipe too for Busa , maybe before even ... I used to have microns on my two stroke RZ350 back in the '80s , they were beauties , but the pipes for Busa , I am not familiar .
I know Akrapovic deliver on their exhaust regardless , the recipee for good performance means pipe bends maybe all fairly similar , I do not know except that dual diameters are good for headers , like my Brocks .

Your probable right.
All their (Akro ) pipes are dyno tested and tuned for pretty much best results , they have a good reputation because of this . Maybe Micron make a good all round performance pipe too for Busa , maybe before even ... I used to have microns on my two stroke RZ350 back in the '80s , they were beauties , but the pipes for Busa , I am not familiar .
I know Akrapovic deliver on their exhaust regardless , the recipee for good performance means pipe bends maybe all fairly similar , I do not know except that dual diameters are good for headers , like my Brocks .
Micron folded years ago, but they were in the bike exhaust game for quite some time. If you look at early akro pipes they don't have that "pinch" at the entry end of each header like they do now. I believe Micron pioneered that technology, I know they brought it to market before akro did.
Regardless, akro pipes are exactly what you said Toad, definitely a top shelf system.

Micron folded years ago, but they were in the bike exhaust game for quite some time. If you look at early akro pipes they don't have that "pinch" at the entry end of each header like they do now. I believe Micron pioneered that technology, I know they brought it to market before akro did.
Regardless, akro pipes are exactly what you said Toad, definitely a top shelf system.
Did you ever see the 2 stroke chambers they made , they were welded seamed , really quite neat , and worked really well on the RZ350 . That little bike was a giant killer in its day and that banshee wail was something else with those chambers fitted !!

Dopey, I had just this early morning mentioned the two names giving in this string of Denver tuners. He said he wanted to send off the ECU and have it tuned. I just hope he does not do any damage riding it. I'd think just like my Cobra... change out stuff and it needs a tune before you drive it or chance killing it.

So does he have a power commander ot something to load a generic tune or is he just not gonna ride it till it's tuned?

Back