4 into 1 exhaust and Power Commander

95bluestreak

Registered
I bought a micron 4 into 1 exhaust for my 06 busa, which will be arriving tomorrow.  As with any other mod it will be getting installed same day!!  Enough of that, When installing a full exhaust on these bikes do you NEED a power commmander for the bike to run properly?  I know it will benefit (performance wise) from having the pc but will the bike run and ride without any problems until i get one?

Thanks,
Jason

Maybe just enough to get by,you may want to leave you stock exhaust on until you get a PWRCMDR. I would make getting one a priority,you'll be much happier. Welcome to the coolest site on the web!!

Thanks for the advice and welcome!! When you purchase a pcIII do they have tunes you can download from their website or ones it comes with? Or will the bike have to be tuned at a performance shop? I'm new to the bike scene, been building fast cars for a while but i don't know if things are based on the same principle or not.

Jason

welcome.gif
welcome.gif

welcome.gif

A new one will include a cd-rom that will have a wide varity of maps that you can load into the powercommander with you PC or laptop. They are based on what type of exhaust, air cleaner,etc. They are just the base maps, which will make a geat improvement,for best results have it tuned by a good shop. A good tuner can do amazing things,well worth $$$. Same as a car except HP/weight is more like 2:1 instead of 4-5:1

Thanks for the awesome welcome to the forum!! You guys rock! I can see spending alot of time here and learning vast amounts of information. Thanks for the advice on the power commanders. Tomorrow i'm gonna check around town and see who tunes..

Jason

Back