4 to 1 exhaust questions

Krieg

Donating Member
Registered
ok I am trying to find out a few answers on which aftermarket exhaust to get. I was origionally thinking of a set of bolt ons but am becoming more interested in a full 4 into 1 system. My questions are:

Do you have to alter the fairing in any way to fit the new header?

How easy is it to install and what does the install entail?

How much HP can I expect from a full 4 into 1?

Which system is best for the Busa?

Does anyone make a high exit 4 into 1?

What sort of noise level am I looking at?

What kind of weight savings will I get?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

1 No

2 Ease of installation depends on your pipe. I got HMF dual hi mounts, and it is supposedly really hard to install. I did it myself, and had no problems. Akrapovic and Yoshimura are easy to install I hear. Besides installing your exhaust you will need to remove the PAIR valve to prevent backfiring. You can buy Pair Block off plates from www.veltune.com that has everything you need, and very good instructions. I did it, you can too.

3 depends on yer exhaust. BDE, Akrapovic, Muzzy, Ti-Force and HMF supposedly all make good HP gains. 5hp to 13 hp range gains is what I have read.

4 The one you like the looks and sounds of. Or the one with the most HP, depending on what you like. I am going to say my pipe is the best, others will say theirs. Since mine is 4-2 I will say the best 4-1 system would be the BDE hindle, or Akrapovics, just from what I have read. They both make good power and have great build quality. HMF big bird is good too for performance.

5. yes, but not many... HMF, Devil, MIG, and maybe Micron (cant remember for sure) make high mounts that I know of.

6. Full exhaust systems are louder than slip ons. HMFs, Akras, and D&D are pretty damn loud. BDE hindle is "streetsmart" so not as loud.

7. anywhere from 20-30 lbs depending on what you buy. I hear Ti-force only weighs like 10 lbs, not sure tho.

8. Basically, buy what YOU want. I like duals, and the hi mount look, so that is what I bought. I also wanted a lot of HP from my pipe, so I did pretty good. I hear the BDE hindle makes more power, but they only have a single, so I had to comprimise. It may have 2-3 horses on my HMF, I donlt know, but I LOVE the looks and SOUND, so that is what I went with. Do a SEARCH, and look at all the pictures you can find. then pic one. PM me if you have any more Qs that I didn't answer.

-Bill

Great answers on BF's part.......damn those Bill guys are smart dudes.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Bill

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Back