Akrapovic Evolution Installation

Nuttn to it, but to do it, and you did good, Krieg.  
super.gif

Shez LQQkn like a sexy Mutha Fugga over there, Playa !
Thanks Rhythm
biggrin.gif

Just installed my Evo System!! What fantastic package. The fit, finish and overall quality is exceptional. I really like the sound as well. Unfortunately my PC didn't show up but next weekend that and the airbox mod will be a piece of cake.

The project took me about 8 hours becuase I kept stopping to clean in around the motor and eyeballing all the various hoses and connections on the bike, etc. Probably could have done it in half the time.

The sound is awesome. The weight savings is incredible! All things considered I'm smiling BIG TIME!!

Thanks Martin
smile.gif

Just installed my Evo System!!  What fantastic package.  The fit, finish and overall quality is exceptional.  I really like the sound as well.  Unfortunately my PC didn't show up but next weekend that and the airbox mod will be a piece of cake.

The project took me about 8 hours becuase I kept stopping to clean in around the motor and eyeballing all the various hoses and connections on the bike, etc.  Probably could have done it in half the time.

The sound is awesome.  The weight savings is incredible! All things considered I'm smiling BIG TIME!!

Thanks Martin
smile.gif
No problem Bro. I knew you would be pleased
biggrin.gif

It sounds great too. I still need to hook up my PC. The idle dropped significantly, I and to adjust it. Next project is my undertail, reflector removal and alarm.

akra6.jpg

I'm not sure of the overall weight savings but it's huge. Just one stock can weighs more than this whole system! I made my own pair valve blocks, getting rid of that mess was nice too.

The only downside to the whole project is the left side looks kind of naked!  Someone needs to make an asymetrical belly wing that's higher on the left side. It looks kind of FUGLY around that area.  I might make one out of alumiminum and give it a brushed finish like the swingarm.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124198721 -->

akra8.jpg

Thats looks really sweet Bro, I congradulate you
wink.gif
Also Neil, if you need that hook up on anything else, just give me a shout.
wink.gif

wink.gif

That Titanium can is dead sexy on your bike bro! Great job. I totally agree with you too, the weight savings is like night and day. Glad to hear your pleased with the Evo.

I followed this walkthrough and installed my Muzzy full exhaust and PCIII USB.. This walkthrough save me some $$$! Thanks man.. Took me all day yesterday, but had a great time.. I finished about 1:00am, so I had to wait until today to start her up and yest ride.. I have to re install my panels this afternoon after it cools down.. A couple things I found that might help out some first timers..

-Don't try and do it without a stand, the exhaust wont come out from underneath

-Don't do anything until you cover the radiator and the oil cooler, I did it and ding'd my radiator anyway

-Get the pair valve out of there ASAP, damn thing will bang everything up

-Do the muzzy fan mod.. After my test ride today I pulled it into the garage and let it heat up until the fan kicked on, it was on 10 seconds and cool'd the bike down enough that it shut off, stock fan would have run forever, great cheap mod and easy to do while you are in there

-Have some tie strapps on hand, you might want to cut a couple for some extra room

-Don't over tighten the bolts when replacing everything, I snapped one and stripped one, I just used a couple bolts off my pair valve

-This was the first time I took the panels off my bike and the entire installation took me about 10 hours taking my time and took lots of breaks

<!--EDIT|kreator
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126384413 -->

MuzzyBusa.jpg

Back