Akrapovic Evolution Installation

Krieg

Donating Member
Registered
I thought I would put together an installation walk through of my Akrapovic Evolution system. Let me start off by saying THANK YOU to Busahaya who helped me to get the system I had been dreaming about.  
jump9.gif

This is going to take me a few days to complete because I started the tear down today and will complete the install when my system arrives at the end of the week. So check back to see it all. I am also going to post a before and after sound file, with the help of Cache, of the stock system vs. the new evolution system so you all can hear the results. Thanks for hosting the sound files Cache.

OK so here we go:

here is the stock exhaust sound file::::
stock exhaust sound file mp3

here is the krapapovic sound file:::::
Akrapovic Evolution exhaust sound file mp3

<<<<<<<<updated with 2nd sound file>>>>>>>>>

First off she goes up on the stands. I would recomend to anyone considering adding an exhaust themselves to get a set of stands. Handystands seem to work great and make it possible to access the areas you need to get to.

on_stands_a.jpg

Next take the body side off. Take your time and don't scratch anything.

right_side_off_a.jpg

I next pulled the stock cans. Easy again, just loosen the clamp where the midpipe leaves the x collector and pull the exhaust hanger bolt.

exhaust_off_a.jpg

Next you need to get the oil cooler, radiator, horn and fan out of your way. It is all easy to do, just take your time and be somewhat carefull. Once these parts are loosened you can leave your radiator and oil cooler hanging rather than drain and totally remove them as you will have plenty of room to get to the pair valve and header.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116239747 -->

remove_fan_a.jpg

Next get the pair valve tubes out of your way. Here two are off with two left to go.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116240603 -->

remove_pair_tubes_a.jpg

Now lift your tank and remove or plug the two rubber hoses connecting the air box and throttle body #4 to the pair valve. The caps come with the Brock's pair valve block off kit but at least on mine they didn't fit tight enough. I chose to use 1 inch of the origional hose and stock spring clamp and stuffed the cap Brock supplied inside the end of it. It isn't gonna leak now. I also plugged the #4 hose rather than totally remove it. Call me lazy but it aint hurting nothing where it is. I just used the old "drive a screw into the hose trick."

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116241454 -->

pair_cap_a.jpg

OK now install the Pair plates over the existing holes using the new nuts supplied with the kit.

pair_plates_2_a.jpg

That is it. You should now have a pile of very heavy stock parts laying on your floor. Something like this.

old_system_2_a.jpg

My Busa is now ready for a new exhaust. I have about 3 1/2 hours into this at this point and I would say I should be done in 2 more hours. I will continue this as soon as I get the Evolution installed. The stock sound clip is at the top of the page and I will get the Akrapovic sound file up ASAP

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116348766 -->

she_is_ready_a.jpg

Appreciate the stepthrough.
No problem BigBS. I am glad I had Busahayas walkthrough on his Yosh to go by. I was actually suprised at the ease of the tear down. I will finish it up end of the week or next weekend. Hopefully the sound clips I did will work out good and will give everyone a good idea of the sound change. Black and grey is the fastest color BTW
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116292559 -->

Back