Does the Gen 2 Akrapovic Twin System fit on a Gen 1 ??

njbusaman

Registered
I am finally getting around to putting a pipe on my Gen 1 busa (I've been rolling with TBR slip-ons for a few years....even after 13:1 pistons, intake changes and a somewhat mild cam install). I have always liked the dual exhaust look but I was always hurting for options. Now that my fundz are a little more correct, I was about to step up. And what do you know...Akrapovic makes a Racing Open Twin Muffler Exhaust System. Looks good!!!

...Well here goes my dumb question...Will that system fit on my Gen 1 Busa???:please: I just don't know enough about the Gen 2 head....

...well Sir....it seems that Akrapovic is only leaving me with the choice of slip ons for my 2000 busa? I kind of have those already....any other options for me to still pursue that big dual canister full system?? :banghead:

...well Sir....it seems that Akrapovic is only leaving me with the choice of slip ons for my 2000 busa? I kind of have those already....any other options for me to still pursue that big dual canister full system?? :banghead:

HMF

Full dual low mount system with carbon cans. Don't like carbon or round cans? check their website they have lots of options.

Pics of a high mount installed here, the headers are the same for the low and high;
http://www.wardsweb.org/busa/hayabusa_mods_hmf_install.html

Best sounding exhaust for a Busa, meaty burble at idle, not too loud cruising thru town to piss folks off, but rips above 7 grand!

cheers
ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Back