Problem With Forum Popups

SSGT_B

Registered
I’ve logged out and in , reboot my phone, cleared history and this pop up keeps taking over. Is anyone else getting these??

#ForumPopUps ~ #MentionedNewRide ~ #RollsRoyce ~ #THEoRg *

Yeah see this is the crap I was talking about :banghead:

Not forum sponsors or constructive advertising just plain flat out spam

Said it once and I’ll say it again..... Install AdGuard it’s free and will eliminate it

You guys probably have malware on your systems.

I am on this site more than anyone and I have never had a pop up from this site.... I would suggest that you guys check out your adware, malware and virus protection... I check in every browser and to tell you the truth, Google scans this site every day and they will not leave us in good standing with popups for spam on the site.

1Busa again, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...

No pop ups for me, here or anywhere else. A long time ago after visiting Amazon I got some pop ups that said similar things, that I’d been chosen to participate in something or have won something, blah blah, and then they stopped. Didn’t happen here though.

What’s weird is when it happened to me a few weeks ago, it was only in the off topic section of the forum. No other posts caused it. Anyway, AdGuard solved the problem for me and it’s probably not a bad idea to have it anyway.

With me I usually have multiple windows open at any given time so be sure you look at your browser and see if any other windows are open cause this will cause exactly the pop up you guys are getting

What’s weird is when it happened to me a few weeks ago, it was only in the off topic section of the forum. No other posts caused it. Anyway, AdGuard solved the problem for me and it’s probably not a bad idea to have it anyway.

Once again, except this is how the org is funded... So, you can have an ad free experience for some time then the site closes because it wasn't funded...

Once again, except this is how the org is funded... So, you can have an ad free experience for some time then the site closes because it wasn't funded...

Maybe you want to make an extra topic and explain to all what that exactly means. Iam sure not everybody understands it correctly...?!

@captain the pop ups I’m talking about are not forum sponsors. These are some type of malware that is embedded in either the forum or our phones. Probably our phones, I’m in no way complaining about forum sponsors!

I was not complaining about sponsorship or the ads on the site. Just the one I posted. It does not do it on my Mac just the iPhone. I installed the Adblock so maybe that was the ticket. Thanks

I was not complaining about sponsorship or the ads on the site. Just the one I posted. It does not do it on my Mac just the iPhone. I installed the Adblock so maybe that was the ticket. Thanks

What I am telling you though is that ad is not coming from this site, when you installed adblock it is probably blocking the legitimate banner that we get paid to allow on the site. So because you have what seems 1 banner that keeps coming up you have blocked all ads on this site so we won't be around for long if there isn't any revenue.. My point is that you most likely have a problem on your computer or phone that the org is getting blamed for.

What I am telling you though is that ad is not coming from this site, when you installed adblock it is probably blocking the legitimate banner that we get paid to allow on the site. So because you have what seems 1 banner that keeps coming up you have blocked all ads on this site so we won't be around for long if there isn't any revenue.. My point is that you most likely have a problem on your computer or phone that the org is getting blamed for.
So Cap, 99% of the time I’m on my iPhone.........are these the ads you are referring to? I never added a “blocker” because I read some of your other posts years ago about these ads keeping the lights on on the forum. They don’t bother me, but want to be sure the ones I see are the ones you are referring to.

B3D89272-859D-4D50-AEAA-A649E6FB0CBC.png

4949AB22-7F3A-4FE9-BDED-969E12F6DE14.png

A2AD3DC8-BCFE-42F9-9831-D2D2CED85FBE.png

92C313EF-ACA6-4C0F-A964-C8EEE40E1185.png

On my lap top i have Adblock, the only ads i get are sponsored ones , boost by smith, boosted performance and powerhouse motorcycles, when you click on em they go to their sites.
On my S6 phone i have the same Adblock and i get some local ads from my home city Christchurch + the sponsored ones.

Google is where we make the money to keep the site open folks, the advertisers while they help there are currently only 3.

if you see this icon on the ad then it's a google ad and not a pop up... Those ads are in the same places every single time... If you have turned off your cookies and do not allow Google to see your browsing history then you will get random ads but no pop ups. If you allow Google to see your cookies and history then you will get targeted ads to your browsing history and events in your area.

Look for the little ad mark in the corners.

2019-08-11_22-13-06.png

I click on the Google ads to help the site. One or so a day usually. No pop ups here just Google ads where Captain said.

Back