Virus help

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Info from freedom suite virus program keeps popping up that I have virus's on my computer.
I run the virus scan and it won't find them, and on the popup screen I hit delete and it still won't do it.
They are listed under the windows temp directory, and can't even manually delete them.
Any help or advice?

How do I get rid of the little bugers?

Google Stinger.exe; free download, usually gets rid of the more pesky programs...

biggrin.gif

Get a second opinion. I have this installed on my personal computers. I works pretty well, and it's free.

AVG Antivirus
Downloading now.
Thanks Doug.
Make sure you have it get the current updates.
Already have.
It's in process.
I went to the store and paused it while I was gone.
Seemed to of found a few already, but not as much as Freedom was popping up.

Do you have a personal firewall turned on? I have been using Zone Alarm for several years. You can set it to completely hide your computer from any other system. It's much better, and faster than the SP2 firewall.

Just using the freedom firewall that adelphia has for their cable internet customers.
Is Zone alarm another freebie I have to try?

I had problems with the free virus/firewall crap supplied by my broadband internet provider . Switched to McAffee and still got so much spyware that my big dollar Dell was runnin' like a Walmart special .
mad.gif
I don't think any security applications are bulletproof .

The best combo I've run across is the Norton Internet Security Suite + Firefox or Opera along with the Spybot's Teatimer and SDhelper. Norton/Spybot keep most of the ads off the webpages and Firefox/Opera inhibit 99% of pop-ups.

The bugger you's got could also be a Trojan... I use the Moosoft "The Cleaner" for those beee-ot-chis.

Good luck. Worst case you wipe and re-image.

Reboot into Safe Mode, then you should be able to manually clear out the \windows\temp or \temp folders. Also try one of the free online virus scans too.

Seems that AVG has done the job so far.
I'll probably try some of the other programs that you all listed since Freedom wouldn't take care of them, just informing me that they were there.

Back