Need help with a virus

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
I got an email the other day that says "you are in my soul" in the comments. It was from someone I didnt know so I was going to delete it. I fat fingered it and opened the email, but not the attachment. My machine has been running fine exept I cant get my anti virus to update now. I have dealt with virus's before and know thats not a good sign. I have AVG antivirus. I have run the scan and it doesnt pic anthing up. I did some research and found that that email was infact a virus but cant find the real name of the virus to get the fix. Any ideas?
dunno.gif

When was your last restore point taken?  (assuming you are running windoze XP)

If you haven't installed anything since your last restore point, you should be able to simply go back to it and be peachy...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

If you have installed anything that you want to keep since the last restore point, you can still go back, you will just have to re-install your stuff.

Go to google and search for Symantec Security Check and this will give you a clean outside source to look at your PC for infections and such. Might try from safe mode and disable system restore most of the time if there is a manual removal process. I'm sure Symantec wil provide findings if any and provide step by step procedures. Hope your AVG is not damaged but could be. So, once you run the process and feel you are clean test the AVG and if necessary uninstall and install again and go from there.
lurk.gif

Back