10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

All in your head brother! My BMW is a $30k bike, Busa is nowhere close to that. It's all insured too. If I crash it I build something else. I'm not building this bike because I wanted a Busa with GP4 calipers, I did it because I like the process of putting the bike together (except waiting). So I'm having the fun now, even with the frustrations. After I try everything it'll just go back to being my favorite horse.
Im with you on the having fun wrenching part. I always wanted to be a mechanic.

Im with you on the having fun wrenching part. I always wanted to be a mechanic.
I always wanted to design a bike and unless I win the lottery this is as close as I'll get. I love tinkering with stuff and always have on the bikes I have owned. My Bandit had everything off the parts shelf on it, including the gold valves so I know and appreciate those sort of suspension mods. This is the first time I had the cash available to really plan out the bike and hopefully produce a coherent product. We'll see what works, what doesn't and what is just bling.

I always wanted to design a bike and unless I win the lottery this is as close as I'll get. I love tinkering with stuff and always have on the bikes I have owned. My Bandit had everything off the parts shelf on it, including the gold valves so I know and appreciate those sort of suspension mods. This is the first time I had the cash available to really plan out the bike and hopefully produce a coherent product. We'll see what works, what doesn't and what is just bling.
The rear brake setup maybe a bit on the bling side , but will be nice aesthetically to match up to the front caliper look . The bike needed this mod bro ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ride that bimmer in the east river and file an insurance claim..... or just let me do it…… be my pleasure....... and build the busa of ure dreams! Don't wait for the right moment to do it.... it never comes..... or ya just run out of days.

Woke up at my normal 5:00 AM this morning and thought it was Friday! Realized it was Saturday after my stationary bike workout & shower. Didn't even notice my normal news shows weren't on. Anyway had time to burn so I did a history of my Busa. I think the 2010 scheme was pretty good. Imagine that with the blue CF fender and inner fairings and that's a good scheme IMHO. I actually never really liked the 2012 scheme, mainly because the graphics really suck and I decided I don't like the opposing color turn signal pods. We'll see how I like the 2019 changes. I wanted to be able to be creative with the graphics this go-round so painting them on gave me (us) complete freedom. MAACO was a good emergency alternative but the solid colors were limiting.

Powder and ceramic coating done. I powder coated the rear footpeg hangers & grab bar black to match the new tail. Hope the blacks match the fairings! Did just the Yoshi mid-pipe in a matt black ceramic coating. And the swingarm is a sati black powder coating to match the OEM finish. Looks good but they didn't paint the area where the axle blocks go. Man this can be so frustrating, think I'll just rattle can it since you probably can't really see it anyway.

Finally got the frickin rear brake. Man the trouble I went through to get this thing and I still have $600 hanging out there under dispute with the card. Sooooooo pissed. Funny thing is I rode for a year with the rear brake not even working in 2011! Guess it looks good though. When all is back together I'll ride to the shop and have them make a brake line for it.

So it took the painter over a week to polish the fairings, I think he had them hanging in his shop and doesn't want to part with them! Well he should be proud of them he really put some heart into it judging by the photos. Anyway they will be on the way next week and coming from GA it should be quick.

Man Pro Bolt is slow but they do seem to want to get me what I need. I wish I hadn't gone with the gold, I think that holds up them putting the packages together. I have about $600 worth of titanium and it's just scratching the surface. But I think I'm done, I just want to ride the dam thing now.

Last edited:
Powder and ceramic coating done. Fairings finally shipped. I powder coated the rear footpeg hangers & grab bar black to match the new tail. Hope the blacks match the fairings! Did just the Yoshi mid-pipe in a matt black ceramic coating. And the swingarm is a sati black powder coating to match the OEM finish. Looks good but they didn't paint the area where the axle blocks go. Man this can be so frustrating, think I'll just rattle can it since you probably can't really see it anyway.

Finally got the frickin rear brake. Man the trouble I went through to get this thing and I still have $600 hanging out there under dispute with the card. Sooooooo pissed. Funny thing is I rode for a year with the rear brake not even working in 2011! Guess it looks good though. When all is back together I'll ride to the shop and have them make a brake line for it.

So it took the painter over a week to polish the fairings, I think he had them hanging in his shop and doesn't want to part with them! Well he should be proud of them he really put some heart into it judging by the photos. Anyway they will be on the way next week and coming from GA it should be quick.

Man Pro Bolt is slow but they do seem to want to get me what I need. I wish I hadn't gone with the gold, I think that holds up them putting the packages together. I have about $600 worth of titanium and it's just scratching the surface. But I think I'm done, I just want to ride the dam thing now.

View attachment 1600156

View attachment 1600155

View attachment 1600157

View attachment 1600154

View attachment 1600158

View attachment 1600159
prolly gonna look like shyt…….. lol.... just jokin arch..... it looks beautiful

Thanks. I am very anxious to see if it's actually a better bike or just a collection of expensive parts that don't necessarily sum up to a better whole. Anyway getting to the finish line!
lol.... setting one's "ego" aside can be difficult..... the desire to think u made good choices,,,,, and yes arch.... I SAW the brentuning thread on the bimmer forum.... rofl.

Thanks. I am very anxious to see if it's actually a better bike or just a collection of expensive parts that don't necessarily sum up to a better whole. Anyway getting to the finish line!
You made the right purchases of the right parts I think...the paint and finish will be top notch.

I think you (and all of us) will be pleasantly surprised...

lol.... setting one's "ego" aside can be difficult..... the desire to think u made good choices,,,,, and yes arch.... I SAW the brentuning thread on the bimmer forum.... rofl.
It's amazing those BMW guys. They are so sure the mothership is perfect they don't want to hear anything about BMW f'n up the throttle. They would actually live with a bike they secretly hate just to say BMW is a superior engineered machine. I put "Hayabusa" in every post just to make them hate me.

It's amazing those BMW guys. They are so sure the mothership is perfect they don't want to hear anything about BMW f'n up the throttle. They would actually live with a bike they secretly hate just to say BMW is a superior engineered machine. I put "Hayabusa" in every post just to make them hate me.
My older brother is a die hard BMW fan-boy..he has an RT with 500,000miles on it which has never had engine work and a newer RT with 180,000 miles on it which he spent a pile of energy to keep running, lots of things went wrong on that bike...but he's still a loyal owner...

lol..... I read one whole thread...… and he was basically calling u a liar,,,, BUT politely... it was uncanny,

You made the right purchases of the right parts I think...the paint and finish will be top notch.

I think you (and all of us) will be pleasantly surprised...
Don't worry this is just how I roll. I'm a second guesser and a constant rethinker. At work I drive everyone crazy with "what if we do this or that". Lol! Inside I'm excited as chit! Now that it looks like the paint is going to work out the rest of the decisions are pretty solid. My plan B on paint was to just have MAACO paint it all silver.

Woke up at my normal 5:00 AM this morning and thought it was Friday! Realized it was Saturday after my stationary bike workout & shower. Didn't even notice my normal news shows weren't on. Anyway had time to burn so I did a history of my Busa. I think the 2010 scheme was pretty good. Imagine that with the blue CF fender and inner fairings and that's a good scheme IMHO. I actually never really liked the 2012 scheme, mainly because the graphics really suck and I decided I don't like the opposing color turn signal pods. We'll see how I like the 2019 changes. I wanted to be able to be creative with the graphics this go-round so painting them on gave me (us) complete freedom. MAACO was a good emergency alternative but the solid colors were limiting.

View attachment 1599896
Thank you for that, that is pretty bad a$$ how much you have changed it up. I followed your entire 2012 rebuild thread and was very impressed with your work then. But now, you have outdone yourself.
2019 is the year!! Hope Suzuki is taking notes from you!

Powder and ceramic coating done. I powder coated the rear footpeg hangers & grab bar black to match the new tail. Hope the blacks match the fairings! Did just the Yoshi mid-pipe in a matt black ceramic coating. And the swingarm is a sati black powder coating to match the OEM finish. Looks good but they didn't paint the area where the axle blocks go. Man this can be so frustrating, think I'll just rattle can it since you probably can't really see it anyway.

View attachment 1600156

View attachment 1600155

View attachment 1600157

View attachment 1600154

View attachment 1600158

View attachment 1600159
I regret going gloss on my arm, it looked good and still does but I took one little rip one day and it got dirty as hell.
The satin look is much nicer and I am sure will be less prone to looking dirty.

Back