10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

They are done, looking pretty good I think. Herb at Deuce Moto was great to work with. Lot's of communication and he delivered what he promised, all you can ask for.

I interviewed 4 painters. 2 were offering to do the painting on plastic skins with a tank cover. 1 guy was local and he was going to paint my current skins. Then @ali123 posted this guy in GA who was offering to do the design on new OEM fairings. He was the most expensive but given I was getting new fairings with a tank, it was reasonable. After talking to Herb at Deuce Moto, I was feeling pretty good with him. He liked the design and seemed like he really wanted to do it. He stuck to the timeline he promised me and you can see his work. I even got cold feet in the middle of things and there was the mirrored kanji issue, but Herb was very patient. This is not Deuce Moto's bread & butter sort of paint job, really well under his capabilities. So I would recommend Herb highly. Here's his shop:

As much as it pains me, yes @ali123, you are a good shopper...…..
:eek:

Tired of waiting for things! The only ordering problem other than crazy long waits on CF was Japan Webike and the rear caliper. I ordered the Brembo 84mm caliper in nickel to match the fronts with the hanger. They didn't have the hanger I ordered so they said they would cancel the order. I asked them to send the caliper anyway. A few weeks later I go on the site to check order status and they say the order was canceled. So I order it again and they say my credit card address is different than my mailing address, please send a picture of the card. So I'm thinking why do they need a picture?! So I called the fraud alert squad at my card. I don't think it's Jpn Webike but someone got to me from my order to that site. I tried canceling my order but no confirmation it was canceled. Sucks, also ties up $600 until it's resolved. Anyway, looking for a reliable alternative vendor.
:banghead::banghead:

This whole process has been a lot more of a PIA than I expected. Still you don't know how great the Busa is as a base for mods. Most stuff that you buy actually fits the bike. The BMW has so many little tweaks from year to year that nothing ever seems to fit and the vendor just says "Oh, it doesn't fit the 2018? You can send it back but you pay shipping" Anyway, just venting a bit. Now I'm hoping to get the bike on the road again by the end of summer!

Sorry 2 hear you got GOT......

Seems to happen with a lot more frequency to people when they order from overseas???

Just the cost of doing bidness I guess if you want uncommon things that can’t be sourced from a US vendor.

The headaches and setbacks will only make you appreciate it more when its finished :beerchug:

Tired of waiting for things! The only ordering problem other than crazy long waits on CF was Japan Webike and the rear caliper. I ordered the Brembo 84mm caliper in nickel to match the fronts with the hanger. They didn't have the hanger I ordered so they said they would cancel the order. I asked them to send the caliper anyway. A few weeks later I go on the site to check order status and they say the order was canceled. So I order it again and they say my credit card address is different than my mailing address, please send a picture of the card. So I'm thinking why do they need a picture?! So I called the fraud alert squad at my card. I don't think it's Jpn Webike but someone got to me from my order to that site. I tried canceling my order but no confirmation it was canceled. Sucks, also ties up $600 until it's resolved. Anyway, looking for a reliable alternative vendor.
:banghead::banghead:

This whole process has been a lot more of a PIA than I expected. Still you don't know how great the Busa is as a base for mods. Most stuff that you buy actually fits the bike. The BMW has so many little tweaks from year to year that nothing ever seems to fit and the vendor just says "Oh, it doesn't fit the 2018? You can send it back but you pay shipping" Anyway, just venting a bit. Now I'm hoping to get the bike on the road again by the end of summer!
Sorry to hear about the credit card issues Willie. Like others said, you’ll be happy with the end result. I have to say though, I couldn’t ride a bike like yours, because I would be to worried about me screwing up something on it. Lol!

Sorry to hear about the credit card issues Willie. Like others said, you’ll be happy with the end result. I have to say though, I couldn’t ride a bike like yours, because I would be to worried about me screwing up something on it. Lol!
All in your head brother! My BMW is a $30k bike, Busa is nowhere close to that. It's all insured too. If I crash it I build something else. I'm not building this bike because I wanted a Busa with GP4 calipers, I did it because I like the process of putting the bike together (except waiting). So I'm having the fun now, even with the frustrations. After I try everything it'll just go back to being my favorite horse.

Back