MotoGP 2018

New aero for Rossi

1538725908774.png

So Rossi is 39 and every bit as fast as Dovi and MM? Amazing. Imagine if he had a good bike this year. I still say the difference between these guys is how much risk they are willing to accept. Yes MM has cat like reflexes (a very quick cat BTW), but he is just willing to ride ragged all the time and has the ability to survive it, usually.

Just watching Qualy and its amazing watching the way each of the fast guys goes about making speed over a fast lap. Marquez almost never has both tires in line or even on the tarmac at the same time. Dovi is the polar opposite. You rarely see a wheel leave the track surface. Were Lorenzo running I suspect it would be even more disparate. Rossi is somewhere in between.

Sucked for Lorenzo to not be racing here, but he has struggled at this track so far so I get the decision to rest up after that last body slam. Just when the racing was getting good between the top 3. Hope the Yamahas can keep up this weekends form.

Lorenzo rode 2 days after breaking his shoulder. He is sand bagging it. For this season its just about beating Dovi. He's probably not in shape to challenge for the win so he's not going to waste his time. I bet Ducati is pissed.

MM finally rode a smart race. Dovi really needs to learn how to race in close. Why Rossi was able to (win) the first half of the race and then fall off the way he did is beyond me, especially when Vinales was able to get faster as the race went on. Same tires same bike. Still, three brands on the podium is always good.

Lorenzo rode 2 days after breaking his shoulder. He is sand bagging it. For this season its just about beating Dovi. He's probably not in shape to challenge for the win so he's not going to waste his time. I bet Ducati is pissed.

Collar bone i think big difference....why bother go race when ya sore and partly broken ? Take the extra time and come back and beat honda on their own turf in Japan , would make that taste pretty sweet. Be interesting if we ever find out what Ducati stuffed up that threw Lorenzo off in the first place, im sure he's pissed off.

MM finally rode a smart race. Dovi really needs to learn how to race in close. Why Rossi was able to (win) the first half of the race and then fall off the way he did is beyond me, especially when Vinales was able to get faster as the race went on. Same tires same bike. Still, three brands on the podium is always good.

MM did win on smarts this time, Dovi needs to let some mongrel out and not worry about anyone else(to a point). Rossi just makes mistakes and cant recover as he used to but the signs were good for yamaha today.

Good weekend of racing across the board at Thailand racing there for the first time.

MM did win on smarts this time, Dovi needs to let some mongrel out and not worry about anyone else(to a point). Rossi just makes mistakes and cant recover as he used to but the signs were good for yamaha today.

Good weekend of racing across the board at Thailand racing there for the first time.

Well, I didn’t hear anyone suggest that Rossi made a mistake but even the GOAT isn’t above making one. The announcers mentioned he was spinning and couldn’t get traction out of that corner and ultimately lost any momentum. He did seem to catch up and maintain his position but only up to a point. I was surprised Crutch didn’t move up. Suppose the heat was more of a problem for some than for others?

Back