MotoGP 2018

I lifted the rear a couple times after installing braided lines and HH pads but these guys doing it over and over at speed is something else.:bowdown:
I remember going to my first real roadrace back in the 80s. SIR in Kent and was just gobsmacked at the dudes lofting the rear coming up over the crest. I moved to the coast that fall just to be closer to the races.

The first time I saw it was in a race at Sonoma raceway by King Kenny himself. Heading downhill to a right hander he was hard on the brakes, lifted the rear and at the very instant that it touched down he hung off and made the corner (on the gas). It was brilliant!:bowdown:

I'd like to see them send riders out of the pits in 10 or 15 second intervals(in qualifying)so they don't have to contend with slower riders in front or that game playing with slower riders trying to draft the faster riders in front of them.I don't know of any other motor sport that does qualifying like this.

Mav and Franco deservedly got penalised for their pissing around antics which buggered up
Bradley Smiths lap, they were cruising at the end of a +300kph straight when Smith was on a hot lap.

It is amazing to me how these guys can ride like that at the end of a race on worn tires. Off line, hiting the power at weird points in the turn, and then trying not to collide. Honestly I was expecting Ionne to wipe the entire group out bowling ball style at and minute!

When I saw Lo's arse in the air at T1, I was thinking of Marco. Glad he just sustained a dislocated toe.

I used to hate MM because he was an arse on track and what he did to Rossi was very disrespectful to the sport. I also hated how he won't give any information to the press, just a B.S. grin and a bratty personality.

But this year it is clear he loves swapping paint even when he gets he worst of it he seems to enjoy a battle. Even in a race like today, you should note that the Ducati is the superior bike. Dovi is getting a couple tenths a lap just from the GP18. That's pretty dam impressive even if you don't like MM.

And Rossi, poor Rossi. Alas his beloved M1 has become old and obsolete. How ironic that a rider who is well past his prime is left hanging by his bike - not his body or spirit. He is a class guy though, fighting for what he can get (starting P17, finishing P8). If I was 38, dragging my arse out of bed training, watching every calorie I eat, when I am one of the richest athletes - I would be raising holy hell with Yamaha!

Now that was a fun race! Pity Lorenzo binned it in T1. Heard he has a "microfracture" of his middle toe? Great to see both Suzuki's hanging in there. That bike is on the cusp of a win at some point. Hell I even thought Pedrosa might have returned to form early on.

That was a helluva race especially during the last five laps or so. If Dovi
liked trading paint as much as MM did he would’ve won the race. Poor Jorge, blaming MM for his crash. He was run wide for sure but his crash was (his) fault getting on the gas to try to stay in front. He forgot that it’s a long race and there was no good reason to try to win it in the first corner. Rinz was riding very well and I thought he had a good chance at putting a Zuk on the podium but Iannone did it. Go Suzuki! I don’t believe Rossi is ‘well last his prime’ but he sure needs a competitive bike. His talent alone allowed him to gain ten positions but his bike wouldn’t allow any more.

Agreed, funny thing is 2 days ago he was lobbying to be allowed to race the 2017 bike and denied by Aprilia. Then gets his best result of the season on Sunday.

On a side note, though I haven't read anything to confirm it, I think Suzuki officially loses their concessions now with the 3,4 finish today. Swimming with the Sharks now!

Back