MotoGP 2018

Australia bro , we do what we want , even when it's not necessarily needed !!

Ha! We don’t need it either. It’s a stupid rule. It would be much simpler to just go to work, school whatever, an hour earlier or later instead of having to actually set our clocks back and forth every year.

MM finally rode a smart race. Dovi really needs to learn how to race in close. Why Rossi was able to (win) the first half of the race and then fall off the way he did is beyond me, especially when Vinales was able to get faster as the race went on. Same tires same bike. Still, three brands on the podium is always good.

Same bike but different riding styles. Vin has always been faster with less fuel load. Rossi ate his tires trying to stay with MM & Dovi, Vin waited until they slowed down a little. I do wonder if Rossi's age caught with him in that heat.

MM finally rode a smart race. Dovi really needs to learn how to race in close. Why Rossi was able to (win) the first half of the race and then fall off the way he did is beyond me, especially when Vinales was able to get faster as the race went on. Same tires same bike. Still, three brands on the podium is always good.

Ducatis have beat MM every time this year. That diving lunge Dovi took at the last turn was MM's move. I don't think Dovi has problems in close combat, he just uses the bikes advantages in this (braking and acceleration). MM's advantage on the other hand is the fact that he can ride almost any line at any time so there is really no reliable defensive line. The only way to beat MM is first to not let him get away, then close all the doors tight so his only choice is to go into the turn off line and hot, then brake hard and cut under him as he goes wide using the superior acceleration of the Duc.

That's how I did it when I was riding MotoGP, Lol!

Well, I didn’t hear anyone suggest that Rossi made a mistake but even the GOAT isn’t above making one. The announcers mentioned he was spinning and couldn’t get traction out of that corner and ultimately lost any momentum. He did seem to catch up and maintain his position but only up to a point. I was surprised Crutch didn’t move up. Suppose the heat was more of a problem for some than for others?

Yeah I think Rossi is giving a master class riding a really average bike at that level. At the end of the race he was basically hoping to hold P4, he had nothing left in the tires. When a guy like Rossi starts going backwards, something is definitely wrong.

Well, I didn’t hear anyone suggest that Rossi made a mistake but even the GOAT isn’t above making one. The announcers mentioned he was spinning and couldn’t get traction out of that corner and ultimately lost any momentum. He did seem to catch up and maintain his position but only up to a point. I was surprised Crutch didn’t move up. Suppose the heat was more of a problem for some than for others?
Theres been a few races this year where he's stuffed up and that was the end of his challenge :mad: spinning up is def a big problem tho, be interesting to see if the Thai track suited the yammies or did they find a step ? Hopefully a dry Japan will show us , number 46 likes this place :D
Cal has been fairly crook of late and the heat wouldnt help his cause but he wont admit to that, dont know how the riders cope with being lean and healthy while traveling the world being exposed to all sorts of bugs and germs...

Lorenzo gave it a shot but quickly decided against it. Might be done for the season?
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/9...japanese-motogp?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Yeah he could hardly pull the clutch in and really just cruised the lap, they only found out in Japan about the broken radius bone...Motegi is one of the hardest braking tracks, mandatory 340mm discs for everyone.

Simon Crafar said the standard bike he rides (BMW thou) its brakes were toast after 4 laps :crazy:

Also a track where fuel consumption is an issue because of its stop start like corners (Good for the Dukes) tyres are taking a hammering as well.

Suzuki have Sylvain Guintoli riding a new alloy chassis machine with a 2019 engine.

Marquez could wrap up the title this weekend...

Lorenzo gave it a shot but quickly decided against it. Might be done for the season?
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/9...japanese-motogp?amp&__twitter_impression=true

I wanna see the xrays!:laugh: He certainly took a hit when he slammed into the pavement. I can’t imagine hitting that hard even thirty years ago and not being loopy for a week. Injured (that) serious or not it could be argued that he has every obligation to do his best for his current team (and) his future team. Cleared medically to ride or not the decision has to be his. His current team suffers even though Dovi is their star rider and his future employer has to be happy that he’s on the mend while not riding.

Hot damn what a race! MM gets his 5th premier class title in just six years. Cal got a distant 2nd place cause poor Dovi chose a soft front tire. Rossi put in a good effort as did Cal for awhile but he was fighting for 4th towards the end. He would’ve stayed there but for Dovi’s mistake. Rinz almost out ran him to the line. Hard to imagine the stamina and endurance these riders have to have to maintain such concentration and physical effort for that long.:bowdown:

Back