MotoGP 2018

That was a helluva race especially during the last five laps or so. If Dovi
liked trading paint as much as MM did he would’ve won the race. Poor Jorge, blaming MM for his crash. He was run wide for sure but his crash was (his) fault getting on the gas to try to stay in front. He forgot that it’s a long race and there was no good reason to try to win it in the first corner. Rinz was riding very well and I thought he had a good chance at putting a Zuk on the podium but Iannone did it. Go Suzuki! I don’t believe Rossi is ‘well last his prime’ but he sure needs a competitive bike. His talent alone allowed him to gain ten positions but his bike wouldn’t allow any more.

That Lorenzo is such a pussy,doesn't bother me at all that he crashed(especially since he wouldn't own up that it was his screw up and had to blame MM).,whiny little bitch.

That Lorenzo is such a pussy,doesn't bother me at all that he crashed(especially since he wouldn't own up that it was his screw up and had to blame MM).,whiny little bitch.

:laugh: Marquez ran wide across the whole field (and) was as far off line as Lorenzo after the corner. Dovi was the only one ahead. Jorge said he was on the dirt meaning the dirty edge of the track I think, and admittedly hit the power too much too soon and yet in the same sentence blamed Marquez.:crazy:

Helluva punishment all right. His apology sounded sincere and only had one ‘but’ in it. Did they revoke Tyson's license after he bit a chunk out of Holyfield’s ear?
they did.. BUT there are a million different sanctioning organizations and states/

Don’t know but Yamaha should have a spy in their garage because they both have similar inline motors.

The Suzuki is a straight 4 with a standard firing order I believe. It has the variable valve timing too, although others may have this too they just have kept it on the downlow. The Yamaha is straight forward except the cross plane crank. I think the crank is the problem. This configuration allows a super smooth power delivery and a natural big-bang delivery. But the crank limits rpms and so power. I think the cross plane crank is just not the solution for the current front runners. So no, not the same motor at all.

Yamaha is going to have to start from scratch. They need a new engine configuration, hopefully they go V4. That's getting boring but it just offers the best of both the screaming world and the low end grunt and it's good for packaging. But a new engine needs a new frame, new frame needs new suspension, etc.

All this sucks for Yamaha. Technology has an ebb and flow, and the possibilities available now are all near the end of their curves. Ducati had to suffer but they hit the tech curve perfectly. I think they are going to dominate for a couple years.

I think you’re spot on regarding the ebb and flow of technology being very close to well, something better. If all Yamaha can do is match their competition say by, the end of this season or for next season, they’ll still be trying to just catch up. Kawasaki and BMW need to get their GP teams ready too. Close competition is what I want. It’s not likely that Rossi will be racing after he turns 40 and I’d like to see him race a competitive bike before he retires no matter what the brand.

The Suzuki is a straight 4 with a standard firing order I believe. It has the variable valve timing too, although others may have this too they just have kept it on the downlow. The Yamaha is straight forward except the cross plane crank. I think the crank is the problem. This configuration allows a super smooth power delivery and a natural big-bang delivery. But the crank limits rpms and so power. I think the cross plane crank is just not the solution for the current front runners. So no, not the same motor at all.

Yamaha is going to have to start from scratch. They need a new engine configuration, hopefully they go V4. That's getting boring but it just offers the best of both the screaming world and the low end grunt and it's good for packaging. But a new engine needs a new frame, new frame needs new suspension, etc.

All this sucks for Yamaha. Technology has an ebb and flow, and the possibilities available now are all near the end of their curves. Ducati had to suffer but they hit the tech curve perfectly. I think they are going to dominate for a couple years.

Vale and Mav both suffer from excessive wheel spin when track temps start rising, in the morning free practices their lap times are ok. I reckon the power delivery aint that smooth and the need for an electronics guru is whats needed.

Cant see a V4 anytime soon while Rossi is around , the other V4s are not screamers.

Vale and Mav both suffer from excessive wheel spin when track temps start rising, in the morning free practices their lap times are ok. I reckon the power delivery aint that smooth and the need for an electronics guru is whats needed.

Cant see a V4 anytime soon while Rossi is around , the other V4s are not screamers.

Note I actually said the V4 is a good compromise between a screamer and grunt. Yamaha has been known for very advanced electronics, so I don't think it's that they can't figure out the spec ECU's capability. There is something they were depending on before that the spec ECU doesn't allow them to control. So they have to figure a work around or compensate with physical changes to the bike.

Funny, but if Rossi was still at Ducati he would be in the mix. Who knows maybe Rossi leaving woke Ducati up? Same for Vin had he stayed at Suzuki.

I think at first it was the front , not now tho... near the end of this article Vale talks about needing better electronics AND engine improvements - maybe your onto it Arch about the cross planes limits (RPM/Power):D

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/906164/1/rossi-maybe-some-top-yamaha-guys-will-ask-why
Well I'm a pretty big brain on these things! Ha a friend who knows what he is talking about told me that stuff. I'm not even sure I spit it all back out correctly!

Back