Reliable turbo kits

When ever I go to his shop, even with my bike, this one is my favorite. This thing is just plain cool on every level.

IMG_7008.JPG

Is it even possible to have a base map in a PC for a turbo, and then auto-tune it, since there is no dyno tuner on his island??
I say no, and it sounds like a good way to ruin an expensive build.
But, I don't do turbos or do dyno tuning, so I'm asking.

Is it even possible to have a base map in a PC for a turbo, and then auto-tune it, since there is no dyno tuner on his island??
auto tune modules don't read rpm in real time.... so no..... base map use.... maybe.... it IS possible to datalog and tune incrementally that way.... BUT... it would take a long long long time to get it just right.. and u would really have to know what u were doing... my bike spent aloooooot of time on the dyno... like 6-8 hours.... the more complicated the build.. the more time it takes to tune.... IMO the tune is the most important part.

The first time you roll into an area of the map that you expect will autotune could be the last. I would not
recommend it all at!

auto tune modules don't read rpm in real time.... so no..... base map use.... maybe.... it IS possible to datalog and tune incrementally that way.... BUT... it would take a long long long time to get it just right.. and u would really have to know what u were doing... my bike spent aloooooot of time on the dyno... like 6-8 hours.... the more complicated the build.. the more time it takes to tune.... IMO the tune is the most important part.

It does not take 6 hours to tune a turbo, even with the addition of a Microtech. Your bike did not take time on the dyno because of tuning, there was extra time because of problems. Especially when someone else does the build . . .

The first time you roll into an area of the map that you expect will autotune could be the last. I would not
recommend it all at!

It does not take 6 hours to tune a turbo, even with the addition of a Microtech. Your bike did not take time on the dyno because of tuning, there was extra time because of problems. Especially when someone else does the build . . .
the first time.. when u had to build a FULL map... it didn't?

I have a guy about 2 hours away who i think is ok, i still keep an eye on him though lol. But he's a dyno tuner
What i meant was there are no performance tuning shops here like RCC or that who will build your bike, and tune it.
I'd have to build the bike myself and take it to dyno man to map it.

I have a guy about 2 hours away who i think is ok, i still keep an eye on him though lol. But he's a dyno tuner
What i meant was there are no performance tuning shops here like RCC or that who will build your bike, and tune it.
I'd have to build the bike myself and take it to dyno man to map it.

Assembling it would be easy, assuming you could get everything that was needed, from someone reputable like Powerhouse.
But, if I was unsure of the dyno operator's ability, I don't think I could spend turbo money, that's a big risk.
I would think that even a skilled dyno tuner, that had no turbo experience, could burn the engine down pretty quickly.

Assembling it would be easy, assuming you could get everything that was needed, from someone reputable like Powerhouse.
But, if I was unsure of the dyno operator's ability, I don't think I could spend turbo money, that's a big risk.
I would think that even a skilled dyno tuner, that had no turbo experience, could burn the engine down pretty quickly.
for sure... however... Richard from RCC is only a phone call away.. I'm willing to bet he would even assist a dyno operator that wasn't 100 percent sure what he was doing... yet another benefit from going rcc... I know frank is always there to help... Ure in good hands with rcc... and the rcc family,

Back