True Cruise Control - Gen II Style

image.jpeg image.jpeg Yay, got my Rostra couple days ago. As I was trying to fit it in the turning signal cowl it was clear it would not fit. Will have to do the trunk mod first.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Finally fitted in to the trunk! Does anyone have recommendations for the dip switch settings on the electric version? Mine is now as twotonevert's 000011100100 where 1=on and 0=off.

382469-05c3613ca7dffca4830aa2bcc3675136.jpg

382471-4d386a8a9336e84980382f3e2bb53d49.jpg

382470-db2445dc1da38f6d26b1c01caca2be26.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont remember mine working on any other setting. Do those setting work?

I haven't been able to test it fully yet but I think it does not engage as i should. If I drive 85 km/h (around 50 mph) and engage the cruise, my speed will drop first and then accelerate maybe 10 kmh (7 mph). It does hold it quite steady, but I still hope it would be a little smoother.

I will see tonight as I have time to take busa for a ride and will report the results later.

Ok, We may need a few more guys to chime in on this one. Mine is smooth from the start. Double check your dip settings. There are only a few of us on the board with electric cruise.

I have my sensitivity set one notch higher with a 100011100100. I have tried multiple different settings and still have that delay when setting the cruise. I am running the Rostra, I know they are both made by the same company but I wonder if the audivox is not the difference. The only other thing I can think of is the problem is in the pulse settings. When I first installed the unit I had it on the lowest setting and it took a minute or better to engage (if at all).

I dont remember mine but the ones posted did not work. I will look for my manual. I wrote them down then lost it! I recall the dips controlling the take up speed had to be turned way down as she would parctically wheelie when it engaged. I would set the CC then grab the bars with both hands as the bike would coast a bit then roar back up to the set speed. Eventually I was able to adjust some of this out with the dip switch but it was not as smooth as the vacuum version. I then discovered that the system is very sensitive to the tension on the cable. Apparently, when you hit engage the microcontroller polls your speed. Then it starts drawing the cable tight until the speed rises abit. It then assums it has control of the throttle. So routing is important. Be sure the cable is not bent, kinked or binding. Then the chain should be slack but not too much. Mine works best with about 1/4 inch of slack. You can eyeball this as it is not super sensitive, but the tighter the better as long as it is not prevent the throttle bodies from closing complete when your hand is off the throttle.

I abjust the tension at each oil change as I take the sides off for other checks and inspections. I also engage the cruise in a safe flat place on each ride to be sure it is working right before using it around traffic

That may be my issue then. I don't know exactly how much, but I know I have more than a 1/4 inch of slack in my chain.

I dont remember mine but the ones posted did not work. I will look for my manual. I wrote them down then lost it! I recall the dips controlling the take up speed had to be turned way down as she would parctically wheelie when it engaged. I would set the CC then grab the bars with both hands as the bike would coast a bit then roar back up to the set speed. Eventually I was able to adjust some of this out with the dip switch but it was not as smooth as the vacuum version. I then discovered that the system is very sensitive to the tension on the cable. Apparently, when you hit engage the microcontroller polls your speed. Then it starts drawing the cable tight until the speed rises abit. It then assums it has control of the throttle. So routing is important. Be sure the cable is not bent, kinked or binding. Then the chain should be slack but not too much. Mine works best with about 1/4 inch of slack. You can eyeball this as it is not super sensitive, but the tighter the better as long as it is not prevent the throttle bodies from closing complete when your hand is off the throttle.

I abjust the tension at each oil change as I take the sides off for other checks and inspections. I also engage the cruise in a safe flat place on each ride to be sure it is working right before using it around traffic

Thanks Arch. I shortened it 2 balls and it made a huge difference

I got a cable adjustment screw from a bike shop for the cable stay where the chain connects to the throttle. That way I can just crank it a few turns if the cable is slack. If I use it a lot it will "stretch". so I tighten it up. I have also found it a bit too tight and had to back the screw out some. I thing the resting alignment of the cable is not fixed in the servo, so it does get out of alignment at times. Apparently the servo controller has the capacity to overcome most issues here, but it just gets more jerky if the slack is too much.

I feel obligated to make a joke about the "...shortened it 2 balls..." comment but none I can post come to mind. I'll just finish with "That's not what she said"!

Finally fitted in to the trunk! Does anyone have recommendations for the dip switch settings on the electric version? Mine is now as twotonevert's 000011100100 where 1=on and 0=off.
I like what you've done to your trunk area!! My CC is the vacuum version and it also drops a few MPH before the system kicks in, all my DIP switches are off except for #7. I use my Throttle Meister to hold the speed steady until the Audiovox takes over. Lately it hasn't been holding speed on inclines too well, it's still engaged but the speed starts to drop some, I found that the hose that connects from the servo to the vacuum canister had a small hole in it. I replaced it and hopefully that will fix the issue.

I tested my cruise earlier and yes it works better than I thought. Maybe the slack adjustment will help more, though I don't have very much slack even now. The cable can't stuck anywhere as I routed it through electric pipe (see pic).

I will also test nosbig's settings, added sensitivity is welcome. I'll report the results later this week.

Thanks PADEROLIS I like it too :)

image.jpeg

I was too eager to wait till the end of the week to test the cruise. First I removed 3 balls from the bead chain and the change was unbelievable! The cruise engages without delay!

After this I tried nosbig's dip settings (100011100100). What a change again! Now the cruise also holds the speed steady (+-2 km/h).

So, my tips for Rostra:
1. Tighten the slack (still leave just a little)
2. Use nosbig's dip switch settings 100011100100

After these changes the cruise operates as smooth as I hoped earlier by engaging without delay and holding the speed accurately.

Thanks for the tips! I know we have different systems; but how many beads do you have now?

That will depend on how you have the cable mounted. I now have mine as tight as I can without holding the throttle open. I may have to look into a turnbuckle deal like fallenarch was talking about.

That will depend on how you have the cable mounted. I now have mine as tight as I can without holding the throttle open. I may have to look into a turnbuckle deal like fallenarch was talking about.
Gotcha, thanks! I think I may still have a little too much slack in mine, but am unsure.

Back