True Cruise Control - Gen II Style

call me lazy guys, i still use my old Oring over the bar end.
If ever i want a pro job however this will be my first point of call.

Nice job on the tutorial, even i understood it.

No worries man, and I understand this is not for everyone. For my application of being in the foothills of mountains, Throttlemister or O-rings do not work for me. I had seen great results from other Busa owners and a friend of mine that rides and decided to install it.

Works great and makes the ride on super slab much better.

call me lazy guys, i still use my old Oring over the bar end.
If ever i want a pro job however this will be my first point of call.

Nice job on the tutorial, even i understood it.

Lots of people use that no doubt but if you want to maintain the speed constantly without having to adjust this mod is the way to go...

god i wish i could install one but just looking at that makes me ill.

It really is not bad at all. The only reason why it took me so long was because I was taking notes and pictures along the way. I could probably do one now in under 4 hours.

It has made my commute so much better and increased my MPG because the speed does not vary at all. Plus, once set, I do not have to keep looking down at the speedometer, I keep my eyes on the road and other traffic.

There are some slight differences, but a lot of the info came from Gen I install. I have the same system mounted to my 1992 F-150 and it works great in that application as well.

Got my cruise control installed today. This was not what I would call an easy install, but it was doable only thanks to Sous' write up :bowdown:

I made a couple changes to Sous' install. I put the servo on the rider's right side (throttle side). The key lock for the hump was right in the way of the servo on the left side (clutch side) and the cable of the servo was so long it fit a little better there. I also put the chain in a loose plastic tube. I was looking at all the wiring in there and I could see that chain getting caught on something.

Other than that things went according to Sous' plan. I tried it out and it worked fine. Does seem to creep up in speed a little bit but nothing too bad. I would not leave the bike on cruise that long, just long enough to give the throttle hand a rest.

Anyway, I definitely recommend this one. Thanks again Sous for inspiring me and for making the job so much simpler.

Installing cruise control.JPG

What did you put your DIP switch settings to?

I use mine daily for about an hour at a time because that is how long I am on the interstate. I have used it for longer than that, but have to stop for gas or stretching. For me personally, I do not see a problem in using it for long periods of time, but that is just me.

Glad to hear you got it working, you will get used to it and use it more and more if you are going to maintain your speed. Also, your MPG will go up.

Got my cruise control installed today. This was not what I would call an easy install, but it was doable only thanks to Sous' write up :bowdown:

I made a couple changes to Sous' install. I put the servo on the rider's right side (throttle side). The key lock for the hump was right in the way of the servo on the left side (clutch side) and the cable of the servo was so long it fit a little better there. I also put the chain in a loose plastic tube. I was looking at all the wiring in there and I could see that chain getting caught on something.

Other than that things went according to Sous' plan. I tried it out and it worked fine. Does seem to creep up in speed a little bit but nothing too bad. I would not leave the bike on cruise that long, just long enough to give the throttle hand a rest.

Anyway, I definitely recommend this one. Thanks again Sous for inspiring me and for making the job so much simpler.

Did you use electric or vacuum?

What did you put your DIP switch settings to?

I use mine daily for about an hour at a time because that is how long I am on the interstate. I have used it for longer than that, but have to stop for gas or stretching. For me personally, I do not see a problem in using it for long periods of time, but that is just me.

Glad to hear you got it working, you will get used to it and use it more and more if you are going to maintain your speed. Also, your MPG will go up.

All off except 7 like you recommended. It only creeps about 1 mph or so every now and then. Went out this morning and it held 64 for almost 35 minutes, that's about as good as you can hope for.

Ya, you used the vacuum version then, there is also an electric version but I had seen some claims about gremlins striking after installing it. Maybe they changed something as it seems Twotonevert has had no issues with his.

My CC holds almost dead on speed for 45+ minutes every morning and afternoon. It does vary a bit (no more that + or - 1 MPH) when going up or down hills. I love it as it allows me to keep my eye on the road and the traffic.

Ya, you used the vacuum version then, there is also an electric version but I had seen some claims about gremlins striking after installing it. Maybe they changed something as it seems Twotonevert has had no issues with his.

My CC holds almost dead on speed for 45+ minutes every morning and afternoon. It does vary a bit (no more that + or - 1 MPH) when going up or down hills. I love it as it allows me to keep my eye on the road and the traffic.

It still works very well. It does creep up a little but I dont mind it. Very easy to just touch the down arrow every once in a while to maintain accurate speed.

It still works very well. It does creep up a little but I dont mind it. Very easy to just touch the down arrow every once in a while to maintain accurate speed.

Do you know if they changed the design at all from a couple years ago when so many other Busa owners were having problems?

Do you know if they changed the design at all from a couple years ago when so many other Busa owners were having problems?

I have no idea if they did. We have a member that has something to do with them. Let me see if I can find them.

Back