Bought 14R

congrats on the newest ride, hope it keeps you happy for a little while :thumbsup:

You should enjoy.I have had the connie and a K8 busa so i am also interested in your review.Hopefully the overheat issues are history on the 14.Here in Canada they are only avaliable so far in K-Green and are $15K and about a Grand a year to insure.So you need green everywhere to get them here.
No abs which i think is a mistake but with traction control you can pin it at anytime.But I do not care for Kgreen so i will wait or buy a beautiful red sonoma Busa,maybe.

Review time..

Put 400 miles on it today.

Comfy comfy, man no weight on wrist or pain in lower back, or strain in the neck, very nice.
Great brakes.
Silky smooth, bike is so quite and smooth at idle I have to look at tach to make sure it's running.

Played with the traction control today, and did one wide open throttle run with traction control off, crazy amount of power, scary fast, front tire floating in air all three gears, just awesome, neck slamming torque.

I have owned 25 bikes now, including gen 1 busa, gen 2 busa, bking, BMW s1000rr, nothing has the force of this bike.

If you can guys, test ride this bike, kawsaki really stepped it up, fit,finish is great, I was riding with some busa's tody and we a ll agreed that they must have had a gen 2 busa in the factory and copying the good stuff and improving the weak spots.

The ugly front end is even growing on me:laugh:

I had the exact opposite reaction... Demo days at a dealership yesterday. I rode the new beast. I wasn't impressed. The bars where higher and wider, but the pegs where higher than my buell pegs and were in an awkward position for me. Also I thought I'd love the gauge cluster but didn't. My biggest problem is how smooth it was. It seems to lack "soul" like the cbr1100xx if you've ever ridden one. Just too smooth for me. I like some of the rawness of the busa. Bikes in general. Now on a side note, I rode the C14 concours and completely fell in love. Almost went over numbers to trade the busa. Almost. Here is a pic of the 14 I rode. Taylor I'm not trying to take anything away from your post here, but thought I'd share my view of it. Also I was only on the bike for like 15 minutes. Lol.

image-3024865086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

image-3024865086.jpg

Not a problem bots, it's niceto get different opinions :thumbsup:

I like the high bars and the wide feel. Fits me really good.

I loved the bars.... I really did. :thumbsup:

I also love the look. Everything but the tail section. I hate clear taillights, and the fact that it looks like a bow tie. :laugh:

I didn't get to ride one, but was able to sit on one in the dealership. Wife and I just stopped in off the Hwy in old OKC. Beautiful machine! However, I'm short (5'8") and narrow. A bit too wide. Could get used to it maybe, but would have to buy one to see. lol. The Busa just fits me. So, will wait for the Gen III! :whistle:

Golden Blazed Green w/flames: I saw one up at the Spokane Bike show last weekend. What a loud, flashy, brassy, obnoxious and overbearing color. A bike's color should make a statement-----this one screams it out! That's a GREAT color!!!! Love that green! I bet it looks really good out in the sunlight?

Pat

I've got to ride the new 14, and it is a helluva machine, by far the fastest bike I've ever ridden. And its comfy, smooth, great handling for its size, and has awesome brakes. I'm a fan of all bikes, not just certain brands, so I even like the looks :laugh: I'd own one if I didn't think new bikes are over priced. The way bikes depreciate, maybe I'll pick one up on the cheap down the road :thumbsup:

Back