My Friend Mark Bought A Duck Today.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
He took a $7000.oo hit trading in a six month old Harley.:banghead:
But he's happy to be out from under the boot of the Harley Davidson loan program.14% interest rate.:rofl:
He's got the first one on the island.

Watcha guys think? It's the Diavel.

RSD.

ducati-gear-patrol-xdiavel.jpg

I think a member here bought a diavel and didnt keep it long due to mechanical issues and trips to the dealership. It was one of the first ones if I remember correctly. I want to say it was "flicka"? Maybe?

I think a member here bought a diavel and didnt keep it long due to mechanical issues and trips to the dealership. It was one of the first ones if I remember correctly. I want to say it was "flicka"? Maybe?
Ya,I think this is it's first year. Hope my buddy doesn't suffer the same fate.

RSD.

I'm a big big Ducati fan but not so much of a Diavel fan.... I sat on 1 and the Ergos were decent on it but I preferred my Nightrod and keep $10k in my pocket.

Your buddy must have absolute chit 4 credit to have his loan @ 14%. When I financed mine thru HD they gave it to me @ 0.99%

Those Panigales are gorgeous Rubb but idk if the 959 is your style?? They are tiny........ I came razor thin close to purchasing a Matte Black 1199S but the mixed reviews/issues and test ride couldn't justify the price tag. Maybe I'll get lucky and pick up a used 1 later for a whole lot less or grab up a Hypermotard SP??

I fell in love with the thing when I saw it #1. The price tag was a bit steep. 20K
Rubb.

I have a few buddies who jumped on them...They both had nothing but electrical issues and more trouble and time in shop than riding.

I test ride 1299s at Peterborough festival and absolutely cracking down the country lanes but in town or below 40 it ran like a pig ,it felt like it was missing (I know it's because it's a twin)georgas bike though,as mabupa said that's 2 busas for the price of ducati badge

I rode one at Daytona. First time ever on a Ducati. Was with two buddies that ride Harleys. They both said if they ever got something other than Harley that is what they would get. The position of your feet is weird for a sports bike. Loved the keyless set up. Loved all the settings. It has a lot of power. About 15 minutes into ride I was pretty comfortable on it. It was demo ride so couldn't flog on it to much but it was last ride on Sunday before shutting down and all of us were experienced riders so the guide got a little aggressive and we all followed suit. Even with stock exhaust it sounds bad ass. It's not my cup of tea though.

ALL aftermarket exhaust system prices are outrageous, for any brand. I had an 03 999 and the price of a full system from anyone was ridiculously high. Topped out @ 168 with the OEM setup. Fun bike for short periods of time...

Try about $32k for a new panigale 1299!
A co-worker has one(and aBMW Sr1KRR)!
...and $5k for an Akropovic for the Ducati!!!
Lol!!! 5k for an exhaust. Sometimes I wonder what people do for a living to be able to blow money like that.

Lol!!! 5k for an exhaust. Sometimes I wonder what people do for a living to be able to blow money like that.

Some may have great jobs and an abundance of wealth and others may prioritize their needs and wants in life.

People ask me all the time about my purchases for my bikes. Yeah I spend a lot of $$$ in my bikes but I also don't smoke and don't go to bars...... Add up a pack and a half a smokes a day along with 2 or 3 nights a week in the bar along with eating out. Suddenly that $5K exhaust doesn't seem so expensive or far fetched :whistle:

He's a been a great salesman for many years at the plant that I work at.
Obviously he has some money with the bikes he has.
But extremely friendly, grateful, and down to earth. Cool guy to talk to.
Regardless, I like being able to sit on, check out, and see and hear high end bikes like that.
But I'll stick with a gsxr1k, something I can afford, and afford to crash.
I wouldn't want the responsibility of riding or owning a 25k or 35k bike.
I wouldn't call it blowing money on an exhaust either, especially considering the bike and price.
Alot of people like those bikes, and some of them can afford them.
Akropovic makes some of the best exhaust there is.
There's also not going to be alot of pipes made or sold for that bike.
So there is alot of R&D to production money involved.
And not just for some run of the mill "does the job" pipe. But excellent quality and performance.
I forgot to mention that $5k included a Power Commander, whatever base map and/or flash Ducati uses, and dealer install.

Back