Bought 14R

Taylor

Donating Member
Registered
Sold the ducati diavel, well my 2nd diavel and am picking up a 14r tomorrow night, bought the green s.e. model. Never owned a 14 but did own a concours 14 so I am excited about riding it.

I rode my friends 08busa down to look at bike coming out of crate, first things I noticed from busa to 14, bars are higher and wider on the 14, and the pegs are lower, seat is more comfortable sitting on it but no ride so time will tell. When I had the 08 busa the first thing I did was risers and the bull peg mod, so this bike might be good for me out of the box.

I can tell you what's going to happen, the gen 3 busa will be released next spring because I just bought this, watch :laugh:.

Gripes, why no abs, kinda dumb to me but they will probably add that next year so more people wil come and buy it, don't want to throw all the goodies on it at once. My last 5 bikes all had abs, and with the rain and roads I ride on that would have been nice, oh well

Mods- oh hell yea, Brock's exhaust and some hid headlights for the alien looking beast:rofl:, you will never hear me say it's pretty but different, going to call it my bass boat the way it sparkles.

And for anyone counting this is bike #25 at age 30 :rofl: man I have issues:lol:

Congrats! Issues no.. $$ it would seem. If you can do it! LoL.. Anyway, keep us informed as to how you like her.

Congrats! Issues no.. $$ it would seem. If you can do it! LoL.. Anyway, keep us informed as to how you like her.

I am not rich by no means, I am just good with my money, I pay cash and title for titles, I also never pay anywhere near msrp, i also have very little debt, so that helps a lot, my house payment is less then most car payments.

That green is Sharp as Hell! Congrats:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Thanks Bret, you have gotta see one in the sun, looks like a bass boat, but don't know if that's a good thing are not.:laugh:

Still Suzuki guy trying out the competition, oh one more thing, you don't have to take off plastics to change oil, filter is right within reach,man that's going to be nice.

Very happy for you Taylor! Too bad the Diavel turned out to be a pile of crap... :down:

I'd like to ride a new 14...

Congrats! PICS! :beerchug:

A good friend of mine has a 2007 ZX-14 and it is a mean machine. It was the inspiration for my purchase of the Busa.

You will enjoy it, looks like a nice bike.

Congrats! If they put that mill in the Connie next year I may just have to pull the trigger, and then "get serious" with my busa:laugh:

Congrats on the purchase.....:thumbsup:

And when you pick it up... we will be patiently waiting on pics.... You already know the:rulez:............. :laugh:

Very happy for you Taylor! Too bad the Diavel turned out to be a pile of crap... :down:

I'd like to ride a new 14...

Congrats! PICS! :beerchug:

Yea bots, sucks the first diavel was such junk, when Ducati gave me the other one I always had thoughts if this one is going to do the same, it never did and rode perfect, but I had such a bad taste left in my mouth I just could not live with the 2 nd diavel, more of a mind thing then anything.

Ducati was always a dream of mine but not anymore, been there done that, never again.

Bring on the metrics, and maybe a few BMW's here and there :laugh:

Since you've ridden a Connie, you'll find the new 14R has a very familiar feel. Smooooooth! Enjoy the new ride! :thumbsup:

very cool! a multitude of pics and a solid rider review would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Hell yea man i've been following rickey gadsons progress on it pretty close, i can swing the bike no problem but the 400 a month to insure it really wrecked it for me:banghead:

You buy more bikes than shoes :rofl:

Congrats on the new bug, I'm supposed to hate on em per the Busa rules, but they're are a good bike :thumbsup:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Congrats! I actually sat on a 14R and was kinda turned off by the layout of the controls. It's definitely a more comfortable ride. I can imagine it would be so slick for longer trips. It's almost like they took a concourse and just striped away a few things and left the rest.

I was looking for a more traditional sportbike feel, so I went out and bought the Busa.

Let us know how she performs.

I look forward to your review. From all I've heard they are a powerhouse and comfortable. I personally don't like the styling, but that's okay cuz I can't afford one anyway!:rofl:

Well have some long rides planned this weekend, well for Sunday, should have 400 or so miles on it by then, Saturday I drink all day and pretend I am Irish so no riding.

I ride with a lot of busa's so it's going to be nice to ride and review, I am the type that lets friends ride my bikes so I will have a few opinions from gen 1 and gen 2 busa owners, and yes it's uglier then the busa, I know:laugh:

Back