Driver sentenced for trying to run biker off the road

Gregor6

Registered
Remember this video? The fun starts close to the 1 minute mark.. and at around 4:19...

The pickup truck driver with the atv got his....
He was sentenced Thursday to two years in jail on each of two wanton endangerment counts, 90 days in jail for menacing and a $100 fine for reckless driving. The sentences run concurrent for a total of two years, court officials said

Read more: Hudson sentenced in road rage incident

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
NICE!! ive been noticing more and more that motorcyclists with cameras are catching people and COPS doing wrong things and it plays into their justice to have the video evidence!

Wow. 2 years in the state prison. And neither rider got hurt. I would have thought 6 months. Video made all the difference. Wonder how long he'll actually serve before release. But, since there are a lot of bikers in prison, he may get some unwanted attention.

The article doesn't mention much about the riders. I wonder if they had any issues in court?

Good , He deserved to be punished severly.

I had a incident recently that was just as extreme, if not more so.

I was in CT doing clean-up from a freak winter storm that did massive damage and left most the state without electricity for over a week.

Anyways, I was in the home town where I grew up going to look at job in the next town over.

My hometown sits in a valley and you have to climb out of it, if going either east or west.

I was on CT -RT 315 heading to a place called Tariffville, this is a narrow long straight road traversing Hatchet Hill.

So there was a large SUV in front of me and 2 more cars in front of him and I always forget when I am out of Vermont that you have to obey the yellow lines painted in the middle of the road, because here in Vermont we have no line law , pass anywhere, anytime.:laugh:

So I go to make my pass and I got the same treatment as the guy in the video (SUV tried to run me off the road) except the only thing to my left is a guard rail and river.

I make the pass of all 3 vehicles successfully and really don't want to get hot under the collar being it was Sunday morning and I had already been to church with Dad and it was going to be a fine day out and I had work to do.

Anyways at the bottom of the other side of this hill is a traffic control signal and guess what Mr run you off the road SUV is right behind me now revving his engine, making gestures.

This is a no turn on red light but forget that, I was getting away from this guy and it was clear, so I took off.

I went hard thru the first 3 gears then reigned it in and settled down to the speed limit. A couple miles down the road can you guess what happens ? That's right Mr.Suv buzzes me at 100 plus miles an hour , gets in front and does a brake stand trying to get me to rear end him.

I was ready for all he had to offer, and was sitting in a pro-actively defensive position after his buzzing of me.

So as he locked up his brakes on me , I swung left and this time kept on the throttle never to see him again.

The attached picture is what I would have fallen into if he had successfully run me off the road.

End of story and the moral of this one is, alls well that ends well.:oldcool:

t-ville.jpg

I've had it happen to me when I've passed legally. And I've been behind others when it happened to them both with legal and illegal passes. I don't know why some people think getting passed is a personal attack for which they need to get revenge.

Good , He deserved to be punished severly.

I had a incident recently that was just as extreme, if not more so.

I was in CT doing clean-up from a freak winter storm that did massive damage and left most the state without electricity for over a week.

Anyways, I was in the home town where I grew up going to look at job in the next town over.

My hometown sits in a valley and you have to climb out of it, if going either east or west.

I was on CT -RT 315 heading to a place called Tariffville, this is a narrow long straight road traversing Hatchet Hill.

So there was a large SUV in front of me and 2 more cars in front of him and I always forget when I am out of Vermont that you have to obey the yellow lines painted in the middle of the road, because here in Vermont we have no line law , pass anywhere, anytime.:laugh:

So I go to make my pass and I got the same treatment as the guy in the video (SUV tried to run me off the road) except the only thing to my left is a guard rail and river.

I make the pass of all 3 vehicles successfully and really don't want to get hot under the collar being it was Sunday morning and I had already been to church with Dad and it was going to be a fine day out and I had work to do.

Anyways at the bottom of the other side of this hill is a traffic control signal and guess what Mr run you off the road SUV is right behind me now revving his engine, making gestures.

This is a no turn on red light but forget that, I was getting away from this guy and it was clear, so I took off.

I went hard thru the first 3 gears then reigned it in and settled down to the speed limit. A couple miles down the road can you guess what happens ? That's right Mr.Suv buzzes me at 100 plus miles an hour , gets in front and does a brake stand trying to get me to rear end him.

I was ready for all he had to offer, and was sitting in a pro-actively defensive position after his buzzing of me.

So as he locked up his brakes on me , I swung left and this time kept on the throttle never to see him again.

The attached picture is what I would have fallen into if he had successfully run me off the road.

End of story and the moral of this one is, alls well that ends well.:oldcool:

Glad to hear that ended well. Not sure why some people take being passed as a personal attack *shrugs*. I've had people swerve at me before, and I always expect it to happen, so when I pass, I pass quickly!

i had it happen also this summer...yes i passed illegally ,but were do these people get off thinking they are the ones to enforce any law??...

so i followed him to the gas station and gave him a piece of my mind and had to hold back on giving him a piece of my fist...

if someone did this to me on a legal stretch to pass they wouldnt want me to get ahold of them,thats a straight up your trying to kill me...

and the funny part was the guy said to me...i thought you were a young kid....i dont think he will run many more people off the road...:whistle:

dont drop the soap. have a good time in the big house buddy.
seems to be pretty luck the two riders had a good temper, dont know how many people could have taken it that easy.

I've had it happen to me when I've passed legally. And I've been behind others when it happened to them both with legal and illegal passes. I don't know why some people think getting passed is a personal attack for which they need to get revenge.

Me either Dennis

Cagers forget they are sitting inside a 3000lb vehicle with a seat belt and airbag protecting them, and you the biker are exposed.

Back