Truck driver sentenced to six years for deadly Cra

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Truck driver sentenced to six years for deadly Crash

A truck driver was sentenced today to six years in prison after he admitted he was coming off a three-day methamphetamine binge when he caused a fatal crash on Interstate 35 in June 2005.

Jory Allen Jacques, 32, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and drug possession, leaving it to Oklahoma County District Judge Ray Elliott to set punishment in the case.

The Shidler resident said he never saw motorcyclist Bryce Anthony Bush on June 27, 2005, when he was late to pick up a load of cattle in Watonga.

Jacques has overcome his drug addiction since the crash and worked to help others fighting substance abuse, relatives and counselors said.

Defense attorney Josh Welch cited Jacques' success at rehabilitation in urging the judge not to send him to prison, but prosecutors argued he needed to be sent to prison as punishment for his crime.

District Attorney David Prater said a prison term for Jacques would deter other truck drivers from using drugs.

Elliott sentenced Jacques to 20 years in prison, but 14 years of that term were suspended.

I wonder what the sentence would have been had he killed a public official or family member thereof?

I drive trucks for a living and my worst nightmare is to hit and
kill someone. This guy got off to easy 20 years is what he
should have gotten if not more.

Post edited due to lack of professionalism..
wink.gif

(DR1300R @ Jun. 21 2007,21:09) Just shoot him I mean he's just a truck driver.. no loss..
guns.gif

Because I'm sure theres no corruption in all the rest of the professional fields.. Where a white collar and do what you want..
Truck driver bottom of the barrel scum.. until you all want something to eat..

JUST REMEMBER WITH OUT THE LOW LIFE TRUCK DRIVER AMERICA STOPS..
rock.gif

Who said anything about truckers in general? We're just talking about THIS one, man.

Methinks ye protest too much. You know there are bad eggs in every henhouse but that doesn't make the rest of them evil. There are bad bikers, bad Christians, bad truckers. bad soldiers, etc. etc. We just want the bad ones chopped up into little pieces. Leave the good ones alone.

Ride on.

--Wag--

Sorry about the rant, Shouldn't be allowed on pc with a belly full of beer..
laugh.gif

(Wag @ Jun. 22 2007,07:45) Who said anything about truckers in general? We're just talking about THIS one, man.

Methinks ye protest too much. You know there are bad eggs in every henhouse but that doesn't make the rest of them evil. There are bad bikers, bad Christians, bad truckers. bad soldiers, etc. etc. We just want the bad ones chopped up into little pieces. Leave the good ones alone.

Ride on.

--Wag--
Wag- Shakespeare on the org?!?
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Too much French wine...
laugh.gif
poke.gif

laugh.gif

(DR1300R @ Jun. 21 2007,23:09) Post edited due to lack of professionalism..
wink.gif
Where did all that come from ? I drive for the USPS and can tell you that our drivers are some of the best in the Country ! There are bad ones out there to be sure, but lets not generalize. I take great pride in my 3 million plus miles of accident free driving.

(captain @ Jun. 21 2007,13:22) he admitted he was coming off a three-day methamphetamine binge when he caused a fatal crash on Interstate 35 in June 2005.
Those are the key words. I think a Pro driver on drugs should hold a stiffer penilty.
Actually any drug related fatality.

Cleaned up they say. Of coarse he was, just trying to stay out of jail.

It's admirable that he's cleaned up his act. Little late for the person he hit and killed, though.
I'm always pleased by redemption but you still have to do the time. Willingly accepting your punishment and acknowledging you deserve it goes a long way in proving (at least, to me) that you've changed and you're honest about it. Anything less is just lip-service and a weak attempt to get off.

Back