Epic movies/series - whats your favorite(s)

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
For me it has to be the Band of Brothers. I now own it on regular DVD and bluray :thumbsup: By far the best series I've seen.... ever. I'm a bit of a WWII history buff, particularly the European theater so this series particularly interested me, even before HBO first played it. :thumbsup:

I also followed it up by reading the books associated with it, the book by the original author Band of Brothers, Stephen E. Ambrose, Book - Barnes & Noble was quite good. There was one that really caught my eye though having seen the series and I will recommend it to ANYONE that likes the series and is curious about the real info. It was written by Maj. D!ck Winters, *the* guy portrayed in the series. Definitely adds a huge amount to the series after reading this book :thumbsup:

10299828.jpg

Beyond Band of Brothers, D!ck Winters, Book - Barnes & Noble

What are you guys/gals favorite(s)?

Last edited:
Shogun
Shaka Zulu
Roots

All classics

Havent watched band of brothers yet (and it's sitting on my shelf in Blu-Ray)
Shame on me...

Are we also talking movie trilogy(s)
Pirates of the Carabean
Matrix
Lord of the Rings
Underworld

I think trilogy movies fit the mold, really just curious what folks all time favorites are, the more epic type things rather than a single standard movie type thing.

Your Trilogy list fits in my eyes as they all build on top of each other to tell the complete story :thumbsup:

I'm actually watching the Band of Brothers on bluray now, everyone else is snoozin so I figure now is a great time to enjoy it :beerchug:

i like alot of the movie series.
i am an addict to buying movies. didnt have cable when i lived in the sticks and developed it.

all terminators t1 t2 t3 and t salvation....
die hard 1-4
rush hour. not action but good movies imho

i also buy the
kevin smith movies.
quentin tarantino.

tv miniseries and show i like
stephen king the stand, the storm and kingdom hospital.
Sons of anarchy
weeds was good havent seen season 3+
sopranos.
oh and to turn in my man card i also like the true blood series. wife got me addicted.

Series

Sons of Anarchy
Terminator the Sara Conner Chronicles (until fox canceled it, damn you fox!)

Movies

Lord of the Rings
Terminator series
Indiana Jones
Back to the Future
Star Wars
Star Trek (especially the new JJ Abrams version)
The New Batman movies

Since both my parents were WWII vets, Band of Brothers for me too.....BUT.....two others.......Operation Kill(hbo) and Long Way Around/Long Way Down motorcycle journeys.
Raydog

Band of Brothers is an extremely well done mini-series, and quite accurate. Hard to go wrong when you have the funds of Spielberg & Hanks backing it as producers. And they are well directed. Reading that book definitely interests me.

TV Series wise for me the best all time would have to be Sopranos, followed by Sons of Anarchy.

As far as Epic Movies go....I find it interesting that no one above me listed The Godfather series. As I get flamed frequently when I express my opinion how that trilogy is over rated.

To me there really is no question as to the best Trilogy of all time...winner of a combined 17 Oscars!! :bowdown:

lord_of_the_rings_17.jpg

As far as Epic Movies go....I find it interesting that no one above me listed The Godfather series. As I get flamed frequently when I express my opinion how that trilogy is over rated.

To me there really is no question as to the best Trilogy of all time...winner of a combined 17 Oscars!! :bowdown:

lulz

ever seen clerks 2? if not you tube it there should be a vid on there about how he goes into a rant about how crappy the LOR movies are.... had me rolling. those are awesome btw. they need to redo the hobbit.

godfather1 was awesome, but 2+ was really hard for me to watch.

TV show series, I like...

SouthPark (the kid in me)
Overhaulin
Burn Notice
NCIS
Bones

Movies...
SAW
Fast and Furious
Pirates of the Caribbean

I am a MOVIE FREAK. Over 900 movies...
:whistle:

SANY0207.jpg

lulz

ever seen clerks 2? if not you tube it there should be a vid on there about how he goes into a rant about how crappy the LOR movies are.... had me rolling. those are awesome btw. they need to redo the hobbit.

godfather1 was awesome, but 2+ was really hard for me to watch.

Matt, The good news is The Hobbit is in production my man!!

Peter Jackson is producing, but will not be directing this one, he chose the remarkable up & coming Spanish director Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy I & II, Blade II, Pans Labyrinth) :thumbsup:
Bilbo Baggins adventure begins sometime in 2011. Fair to say I'll be waiting with much anticipation :cheerleader:

The Hobbit: Part 1 (2011)

TV show series, I like...

SouthPark (the kid in me)
Overhaulin
Burn Notice
NCIS
Bones

Movies...
SAW
Fast and Furious
Pirates of the Caribbean

I am a MOVIE FREAK. Over 900 movies...
:whistle:

Nice collection! You have me beat by a couple hundred :bowdown:

Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Caribbean
Back to the Future

I' m a movie freak! Star Wars and Pirates were both the inspirations behind my tattoos. I collect movies and currently have atleast 522 in my DVD collection. I know this because my life is so boring I listed them on IMDB.com Yeah, I'm kind of a nerd at times. :whistle:

lulz

ever seen clerks 2? if not you tube it there should be a vid on there about how he goes into a rant about how crappy the LOR movies are....

That scene played in my head before I even read his post, I just saw the pic. Ya know what I was gonna quote Randall, but......
- Clerks 2: Lord Of The Rings[/url]

**Edit: How the :cussing: do you use the Youtube tags?? :wtf: :rant: **

I' ve never seen those movies, for two reasons. First of all, the opportunity never arrose. Secondly...I don' t care what some other moron thinks about a movie that may or may not interest me! Why should I let my decision on what I like, be affected by some critic or som academy. I' ve seen some stupid arse movies that would never see any love from those types, and f-ing loved them! I like what I like for the sheer viewing pleasure that it brings me. After hearing Randall' s rant, I' m not sure I want to see those movies. ??? :laugh: I might love them, but I don' t rent movies, I just buy them, and those are some LOOOOONG movies to buy and NOT like. They' re like what 3 hours long? ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Caribbean
Back to the Future

That scene played in my head before I even read his post, I just saw the pic. Ya know what I was gonna quote Randall, but......

I' ve never seen those movies, for two reasons. First of all, the opportunity never arrose. Secondly...I don' t care what some other moron thinks about a movie that may or may not interest me! Why should I let my decision on what I like, be affected by some critic or som academy. I' ve seen some stupid arse movies that would never see any love from those types, and f-ing loved them! I like what I like for the sheer viewing pleasure that it brings me. After hearing Randall' s rant, I' m not sure I want to see those movies. ??? :laugh: I might love them, but I don' t rent movies, I just buy them, and those are some LOOOOONG movies to buy and NOT like. They' re like what 3 hours long? ???

Or you can buy the full length directors versions that are closer to 4hrs each :poke: :poke:

Love 'em! :laugh:
IMO , no point in watching them if you have a crappy Home Theater set-up though. Anyways...your mind sounds like it's already made up.
What happened to the YouTube vid? :rulez:

4 hours?! ??? :eek3: WOW! I think for that much movie I' d rather borrow them from a friend if I know someone who has them. My mind isn' t really made up, just wanted to wait for the hype to die down. :laugh: My home theater isn' t all that crappy. I have the prehistoric projection type 52" TV with a 1,000 Sony home theater system. Should suffice! :laugh:

I' m apparently not smart enough to operate the Youtube tags. I put them around the link to the video.... :wtf:

Back