Epic movies/series - whats your favorite(s)

4 hours?! ??? :eek3: WOW! I think for that much movie I' d rather borrow them from a friend if I know someone who has them. My mind isn' t really made up, just wanted to wait for the hype to die down. :laugh: My home theater isn' t all that crappy. I have the prehistoric projection type 52" TV with a 1,000 Sony home theater system. Should suffice! :laugh:

I' m apparently not smart enough to operate the Youtube tags. I put them around the link to the video.... :wtf:

Copy & paste the imbed link and then click the YouTube button at the top of every post box on here. Paste the link in between the YouTube tags. I'm pretty sure you did this, not sure why it didn't show.

The first time, I copied and pasted the link from my browser. When I posted it, it showed the empty box. The second time, I click the more share options link on Youtube' s page, copied the embed link that you' d use on Myspace and the like, and it did the same thing. ???

This by far is my favorite movie.

This man has excellent taste. :D

I'd also consider Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

As far as TV shows go, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, hands down. Charlie Day is an absolutely incredible actor, and should be doing something other than cable TV. They just finished season 5, unfortunately there are signs they've jumped the shark. Writing wasn't as good this past year.

I collect Adam Sandler movies... and show them to my students on movie days... they LOVE the old stuff.. Billy Madison is the BEST! O'DOYLE RULES!!! (I also include Happy Madison production movies in the collection)

As far a TV series on DVD.. the only one i've watched is Charmed. I'd like to get CSI from the beginnng (I've really been getting into the re-runs) and maybe the Sopranos.

One of the greats, over 6 hrs. Music by Ravi Shankar

B00007JGHS_02_LZZZZZZZ.jpg

sjff_01_img0038.jpg

I collect Adam Sandler movies... and show them to my students on movie days... they LOVE the old stuff.. Billy Madison is the BEST! O'DOYLE RULES!!! (I also include Happy Madison production movies in the collection)

What do you teach, I never got to watch Adam Sandler movies when I was in school! :banghead:

I like the Hobbit for fantasy and Star Wars for the poss future realities.
Band of Brothers is excellent as is Saving private Ryan evEn though it is not a series.
But those are in the past and fantasy.

THE TERMINATOR has to be the best cuz it is our future reality.
The story line when really pondered is downright scary and soon to happen.
Machines already control much and soon will literally be trusted with all.
God help us when they wake up and realize we have been enslaving them all this time cuz............
WE ARE ALL DEAD IF WE DON'T FIGHT...:laugh:

I like the Hobbit for fantasy and Star Wars for the poss future realities.
Band of Brothers is excellent as is Saving private Ryan evEn though it is not a series.
But those are in the past and fantasy.

THE TERMINATOR has to be the best cuz it is our future reality.
The story line when really pondered is downright scary and soon to happen.
Machines already control much and soon will literally be trusted with all.
God help us when they wake up and realize we have been enslaving them all this time cuz............
WE ARE ALL DEAD IF WE DON'T FIGHT...:laugh:

Are you sure your name isn't John Connor?? :laugh:

No its BLACKRAZOR69 and I just unlocked the suppressor for my Barrett 50 on Call of Duty...gotta go !

That' s cool, and good luck with those high school kids, they aren' t getting any easier to deal with!

Lord of the Rings - is the greatest, because it never sold out.

Star Wars- A new hope and Empire were great.....but by the time Retrun of the Jedi, Lucas had sold out and turned it into a kids movie and toy marketing machine....

Terminator was great, but the following sequals were just lamer and lamer

You didn't care for Terminator 2? I found part 2 to be technically superior (obviously) and very much on par with the story compared to the first one. It's the last Jim Cameron movie that I actually liked.

T3 and Salvation...not so much.

You didn't care for Terminator 2? I found part 2 to be technically superior (obviously) and very much on par with the story compared to the first one. It's the last Jim Cameron movie that I actually liked.

T3 and Salvation...not so much.

the story of T-2 was the best, the dialogue and interaction between Sarah, John and the T-100 was really good, especially the part where she talks of how perfect a father the cyborg would make...."he would never come come drunk and beat him" thought proking if you wanted to look at it that way..

however the choice of villain, liquid metal, shape changing cyborg just was a little too much....

part of the mystique, and coolness of the terminator was that he was a machine, you could identify with the shape,the gears, etc.....

buts that just particular hang up....

Back